Wanted Tailgate switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wanted 1972 Toyota FJ55 tailgate glass safety switch.

IMG_3024.png

Last edited:

Greg ,

PLEASE do NOT ever post a ToyotaPartSteal Link in ANY Thread , where i am the Thread Starter any time in the future ....

- That TECH thread had value and purpose , that was for more important then any one single person , including myself or you ...

i never posted a link of any kind , for the simple reason it would take away from a very murky and confusong topic i was indeed interested in

from a Technical point of View ....

- i Technically disagree from both a Safety stand point , and a Technical one , that Bypassing the Rear Window Saftey Switch is Sound Recomendation here ...

- what happens if the rear glass window engages upward while tail gate is in the resting down position ?

- or , the key gets stuck in the close up window clocking turn position and can,t be removed or turned off quiklly when noticed ?

- these are my well intended thoughts on this topic for the Thread Starter to consider here for him self ......

- just like all the current and future 55 / 56 owner operators would of had about there Double Tanks Set Up's , , and for that matter , all 68-9/77 ones would have had a new and modern update to get excited about , but none of them i mention above will have that information now , because of things and stuff like Meh ....

- the topic of bypassing the Saftey Switch above , is Tecnically & fundimentally unsafe and NOT Meh ...

matt ...

1685491822113.png

Last edited:
mr . @PRETRD ,

please do not consider the safety related suggestion above , by someone whom is giving the wrong advise here on this topic , those are the facts you need to know ...

- this here below should tell you that as well ...:confused:

" Hijack over..... "

Unfortunately Matt, this is not a new phenomenon. Far from it.

Toyota Trails ran a tech article from a vendor THIRTY YEARS AGO which promoted an unsafe steering hack (not my one-penny trick, which I do not consider unsafe)

I submitted an article going into detail, and providing Toyota part numbers (something that I rarely do) on how to do the job properly because I had strong feelings about the safety issue. The editor would not run the article because the previous article had been written by a friend. I learned an important lesson, and submitted no further tech to the community.

As Ernest Hemingway once wrote: in the end the age was handed, the kind of sh*t that it demanded.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Greg ,

PLEASE do NOT ever post a ToyotaPartSteal Link in ANY Thread , where i am the Thread Starter any time in the future ....

- That TECH thread had value and purpose , that was for more important then any one single person , including myself or you ...

i never posted a link of any kind , for the simple reason it would take away from a very murky and confusong topic i was indeed interested in

from a Technical point of View ....

- i Technically disagree from both a Safety stand point , and a Technical one , that Bypassing the Rear Window Saftey Switch is Sound Recomendation here ...

- what happens if the rear glass window engages upward while tail gate is in the resting down position ?

- or , the key gets stuck in the close up window clocking turn position and can,t be removed or turned off quiklly when noticed ?

- these are my well intended thoughts on this topic for the Thread Starter to consider here for him self ......

- just like all the current and future 55 / 56 owner operators would of had about there Double Tanks Set Up's , , and for that matter , all 68-9/77 ones would have had a new and modern update to get excited about , but none of them i mention above will have that information now , because of things and stuff like Meh ....

- the topic of bypassing the Saftey Switch above , is Tecnically & fundimentally unsafe and NOT Meh ...

matt ...

So I don’t want to bypass mine, but I also cannot find a replacement. Any recommendations?

I wound up up buying dissembled ones from Specter Off Road, taking them apart cleaning the contacts and putting them together..problem solved

So I don’t want to bypass mine, but I also cannot find a replacement. Any recommendations?
I wound up up buying dissembled ones from Specter Off Road, taking them apart cleaning the contacts and putting them together..problem solved

hey thee , mr. @PRETRD , :)

- if either of you folks , requires a new or replacement FJ55 key in any way shape or form ?

- i have ALL the Global Market Regions FJ55 T-SERIES Factory Key Codes programed into my TOYOTA Auto Body DENSO Computerized Code Cutting Key Machine ...

- if any FJ55 Lock Cylinder needs to be Re-Keyed to match the other ones already on the FJ55 like you describe above , i CAN preform that service related Job Scope task as well ....

- as a general rule and practice i do NOT repair ANY Vintage TOYOTA Key Lock Cylinders , however , the FJ55 is one of the rare unique case by case exceptions of my rule when it comes to the rear Power window Key switch lock , both Front side doors , and the optional Gas Door lock too ...
- because there were and still are ZERO aftermarket new key lock cylinder options ever made .....
- so that is the WHY on all that JIS JAZZ ...
- i have BOTH NOS OEM Factory Key Blanks , my own brand Period Correct Reproductions , and a top-shelf aftermarket brand SILCA made in Itally ones too \
\
\
thanks
matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom