Water (not coolant) under intake? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm an 80 guy. Picked up my first 100. Here's my first dumb question: Just did coolant Ts, hoses, tstat, flushed heater cores and installed new radiator. When I was flushing, I spilled a bunch of water in the valley under the intake. Most of it seemed to dissipate after idling 10 mins. Took a 10 mile test drive. Coolant temp steady at 184-186. No smells of coolant. I still have a drip of water (not coolant) coming down between the bellhousing and back of block. Should I be concerned? TIA.

AC drain? The vent is on right side firewall. Is kind of drips between the areas you said. Extend that line by using any hose so water wont corrode the swaybay bracket.

AC drain? The vent is on right side firewall. Is kind of drips between the areas you said. Extend that line by using any hose so water wont corrode the swaybay bracket.
Maybe. I'll check. Thanks nissanh!

I'm an 80 guy. Picked up my first 100. Here's my first dumb question: Just did coolant Ts, hoses, tstat, flushed heater cores and installed new radiator. When I was flushing, I spilled a bunch of water in the valley under the intake. Most of it seemed to dissipate after idling 10 mins. Took a 10 mile test drive. Coolant temp steady at 184-186. No smells of coolant. I still have a drip of water (not coolant) coming down between the bellhousing and back of block. Should I be concerned? TIA.
The valley has drains since water is able to get there during normal driving. No issues that you got some liquid there. Can always pour some clean water there to wash out any coolant that might remain. Probably would do that when the engine is cold and then could warm it up and take it for a drive to clear it all out.

I did the above when having to change the front crossover water pipe that holds the thermostat. I continued to wash down till the liquid was clear and then the water just cooked off the valley. I did this repeated with no worry. Newer models with vvti and the air pump in the valley are ok to get wet but not really submerge. Short answer is that you’ll be fine.

Thanks all. It has evaporated after a 150 mile trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom