Cowl vent panel replacement ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oooor I’m gonna finally do something with the couple hundred JIS Vessel #1,2&3 bits I’ve had sitting on my shelf and then press them into an aluminum knob handle that was anodized and THEN laser etch the Wits’ End logo onto :flipoff2:

Edit: and maybe do a red version with TEQ logo :hmm:

Wish I'd thought of THAT!

As I'm catching up on deferred maintenance on the 80, I've noticed slight dents on the same panel the OP stated. I'm assuming the panel available comes primed only? So with small irregularities they may be able to be repaired, at least I'm hoping.

I'll add it to the "to do" list to at least remove it and do some thorough cleaning.

BTW, I have something similar to this, should do the job.

Welcome to Sears.com - Sears

Yes, the panel comes primed only.
Part number is at beginning of this thread. Dents can be removed but panel not too pricey so chose to just swap out for new piece and perhaps fix up the original for a spare
That red stubby is exactly the Vessel 920 P225, just Toyota marked. As for the Sears tools, I think they are not JIS so may not be a good fit for the screws here.
Vessel has a similar set as this (part # TX-11) and should have the correct bits. Thanks again.

Oooor I’m gonna finally do something with the couple hundred JIS Vessel #1,2&3 bits I’ve had sitting on my shelf and then press them into an aluminum knob handle that was anodized and THEN laser etch the Wits’ End logo onto :flipoff2:

Edit: and maybe do a red version with TEQ logo :hmm:

If you could etch my name in one as well? Enough bloody tools go missing around here it might make them think twice!! :mad:

Regards

Dave

If you could etch my name in one as well? Enough bloody tools go missing around here it might make them think twice!! :mad:

Regards

Dave

It’s a large surface so no prob adding your name :hmm:
6F1AB964-5282-4E2A-8C73-DC8DF21CA206.jpeg
B1BF8940-B1E3-4894-867D-FB4C09D16725.jpeg

Look me up if you go ahead mate. ;)

Regards

Dave

It’s already moving forward. I’m doing a press fit design for dedicated JIS bits and a magnet design for universal 1/4” bits. I have several bags of the Vessel bits already that I’ve had for over a year now that was original going to be used with my card tool. But that one has taken too long to develop.

I think a need to start a new thread but this is why I cherish my junks of “free time”.

8D13543A-8E62-4F92-882F-9DBAD46871C4.jpeg
306D5049-8C60-47B3-9AE8-BDAC28B31E48.jpeg

Can anyone tell me the size of the long thin screws for the cowl cover?. I believe there are five or six. Can't find a description anywhere and have lost, misplaced or eaten mine. Ordered a new seal and need to do it right.

Thanks.

Can anyone tell me the size of the long thin screws for the cowl cover?. I believe there are five or six. Can't find a description anywhere and have lost, misplaced or eaten mine. Ordered a new seal and need to do it right.

Thanks.
I'm in the same boat. Looking for replacements screws for the cowl

tiny screwdriver for the cowl plate screws might be 09041-1C150. On my 80 some of them are not philips/jis head but require a small m8 spanner but then again I don't have a proper tool for the philips/jis type other than 'standard' hardware store stubby philips head one. The very short stubby Toyota one (probably jis not philips head) is I think 09041-1C101.

Take a quarter inch stubby ratchet with a 1/4” socket installed and stick the bit into the socket. It’s better than any stubby screwdriver.

tiny screwdriver for the cowl plate screws might be 09041-1C150. On my 80 some of them are not philips/jis head but require a small m8 spanner but then again I don't have a proper tool for the philips/jis type other than 'standard' hardware store stubby philips head one. The very short stubby Toyota one (probably jis not philips head) is I think 09041-1C101.
1685492689887.png

1685492794174.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom