What are you monitoring with OBD Fusion? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just an FYI that to read TPMS on Toyota/Lexus/Scion vehicles it appears you'll need a scan tool that reads ELM327 Ver 2.x.

The Veepeak OBDCheck BLE does not work for that, but the Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ does. Haven't tried reading AHC yet.

Just an FYI that to read TPMS on Toyota/Lexus/Scion vehicles it appears you'll need a scan tool that reads ELM327 Ver 2.x.

The Veepeak OBDCheck BLE does not work for that, but the Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ does. Haven't tried reading AHC yet.
Interesting. I just bought this. Should arrive tonight. I'll see if I can get it plugged in and test out some TPMS and AHC parameters and report back.

Interesting. I just bought this. Should arrive tonight. I'll see if I can get it plugged in and test out some TPMS and AHC parameters and report back.
Be sure to change the default to PSI from whatever metric setting they were on, in settings. Ask me how I know :)

Be sure to change the default to PSI from whatever metric setting they were on, in settings. Ask me how I know :)
Sweet, thanks. Got it connected and tested. $20 in app purchases, $42 bluetooth scanner and you've got access to AHC info (and TPMS). How cool is that?!

This is my new go-to recommendation if folks can't handle techstream.

The biggest caveat is that you only get access to one ECU at a time, so it seems. Engine ECU, AHC or TPMS. Pick one. Regardless, very cool. Thank you!

1685298847510.png

Sweet, thanks. Got it connected and tested. $20 in app purchases, $42 bluetooth scanner and you've got access to AHC info (and TPMS). How cool is that?!

This is my new go-to recommendation if folks can't handle techstream.

The biggest caveat is that you only get access to one ECU at a time, so it seems. Engine ECU, AHC or TPMS. Pick one. Regardless, very cool. Thank you!

View attachment 3334282
This is a very timely post, thank you! I was wondering how I could get TPMS on my OBD Fusion. I currently have the Veepeak OBDCheck BLE... looks like I'll be moving that to our other vehicle and getting the BLE+. Did you need to download the OBD Fusion add-on in order to access the TPMS values? and what do you mean by only being able access one ECU at a time?
Thanks!

This is a very timely post, thank you! I was wondering how I could get TPMS on my OBD Fusion. I currently have the Veepeak OBDCheck BLE... looks like I'll be moving that to our other vehicle and getting the BLE+. Did you need to download the OBD Fusion add-on in order to access the TPMS values? and what do you mean by only being able access one ECU at a time?
Thanks!
Yes, I bought the $15 extra add on.

The 100 series at least the later years. Perhaps all of them I don't know. Work on a can bus system. Most the OBD2 scanners cannot talk to that CAN bus system but that specific adapter can. When you communicate through the CAN bus you can't talk to everything all at once. The communication is limited in speed and in what data it can send at once. Within the OBD fusion app you select which ECU you want to talk to. There are something like 10 different computers. One of them is for the engine. One of them is for AHC. One of them is for Tpms. There are two separate computers for the body. There's one for ABS. I think there's one specifically for the intermittent wiper etc etc.

As of 2023, I think almost all vehicles are still like this. I thought I had read about Tesla's plans to eliminate the CAN bus and separated ECUs in future generations to cut down on unnecessary wiring and communications complexities, but that may have been another OEM. I suspect Toyota and Lexus will still be running dozens of ECUs and the mountain of wiring to go along with it for quite some time yet.

In hindsight, and owning one 100 and three 4th gen 4Runners, I'm sort of wishing I just spent the big bucks (an additional $100) and bought the OBDLink Mx +. I guess it's an all-in-one solution that operates exactly like, or is a sister product to, OBDFusion. No add-ons for additional cars.

I'm trying to be careful about not going down a slippery slope of unnecessary things here...initially just wanted to monitor actual coolant temps and AT temps. Then I realized tire pressure is critical and nice to know too, and easy with the gizmo...and checking AHC pressure...and...and...

What's also addicting is the depth of customizing you can do with the Dashboards i.e. setting up warnings, etc. After palying for hours with it I deleted and started over using simple digital gauges to TPMS and AHC, each on their own dashboard.

Just looking in to OBD Fusion - how are you getting AT Fluid Temp? I have purchased the enhanced Toyota PIDs, but can’t tell what the AT fluid temps would be? TIA

Just looking in to OBD Fusion - how are you getting AT Fluid Temp? I have purchased the enhanced Toyota PIDs, but can’t tell what the AT fluid temps would be? TIA
There should be a PID under the Toyota Lexus Scion section. Look for it in the Network A (engine and electronic controlled transmission.)

There should be a PID under the Toyota Lexus Scion section. Look for it in the Network A (engine and electronic controlled transmission.)
Thanks - I took a look and couldn’t find anything obvious. Is it cryptic?

I guess I should mention I use the Veepeak BLE not the BLE+ if that matters?

Thanks - I took a look and couldn’t find anything obvious. Is it cryptic?

I guess I should mention I use the Veepeak BLE not the BLE+ if that matters?

So I am not sure about OBD fusion as I am on a android device. But I use Torque pro and you have to bring the 2 transmission pegs manually. But pre 5 speed tranny you can use the built in temp peg to monitor the temperature.

Add display > PID > Toyota, Lexus. Scion > Engine and Electronic Controlled Transmission > A/T Oil Temperature 1 and 2 > Click Done.
IMG_1923.jpeg

This is on iPhone operating system (not android).
Temperature 1 is Pan Temp.
Temperature 2 is Torque Converter Temp.

Add display > PID > Toyota, Lexus. Scion > Engine and Electronic Controlled Transmission > A/T Oil Temperature 1 and 2 > Click Done.
View attachment 3403913
This is on iPhone operating system (not android).
Temperature 1 is Pan Temp.
Temperature 2 is Torque Converter Temp.
Thank you for the detailed response! I really appreciate it.

However, now I think I’m doing something entirely wrong. None of those options appear for me?!? It’s a 98 Land Cruiser. I did purchase the extended PIDs. Also on iPhone.

Any ideas on why those don’t show up for me?

Thank you for the detailed response! I really appreciate it.

However, now I think I’m doing something entirely wrong. None of those options appear for me?!? It’s a 98 Land Cruiser. I did purchase the extended PIDs. Also on iPhone.

Any ideas on why those don’t show up for me?
Go to your OBD Fusion Home Screen > Settings > Vehicle Editor > put in your VIN / vehicle YM, manufacturer, model.

Go to your iPhone’s Settings > WiFi > connect to your OBD dongle’s WiFi name (mine’s V-Link). Turn on your phone’s Cellular Data.
Close the OBD Fusion app completely and relaunch again.

For what it’s worth I’m also on an iPhone. I have a 99 Land Cruiser, which I think has the same transmission infrastructure. My obd reader is an ELM 327. This is what I see.

1692321432566.png
1692321432566.png

Go to your OBD Fusion Home Screen > Settings > Vehicle Editor > put in your VIN / vehicle YM, manufacturer, model.

Go to your iPhone’s Settings > WiFi > connect to your OBD dongle’s WiFi name (mine’s V-Link). Turn on your phone’s Cellular Data.
Close the OBD Fusion app completely and relaunch again.
Thanks for your help. For some reason I cannot enter the VIN. It says Not Available and won’t let me change that. All other vehicle related data was already entered.

My unit is Bluetooth so I couldn’t follow the Wi-Fi directions.

I did completely shut down the app and restart it. This time when I went in to the Toyota specific PIDs, I lost the ABS/VSC/TRAC menu selection. Only Network A - Electronic Transmission (shortened title from what it really is) item showed up, but still with no A/T Fluid Temp?!?

I have the key in the “On” position, engine off. Vehicle was cool when I tried to make your suggested changes. Would a ‘98 be different and have different PIDs? Would it make a difference if I started the engine and let it warm up? Should the key be in ACC?

IMG_3147.png

Those AF FT B* S* are throwing me off, like could that be FT=Fluid Temp, but if so, why %? One of them doesn’t have a unit of measure…

Thanks for your help. For some reason I cannot enter the VIN. It says Not Available and won’t let me change that. All other vehicle related data was already entered.

My unit is Bluetooth so I couldn’t follow the Wi-Fi directions.

I did completely shut down the app and restart it. This time when I went in to the Toyota specific PIDs, I lost the ABS/VSC/TRAC menu selection. Only Network A - Electronic Transmission (shortened title from what it really is) item showed up, but still with no A/T Fluid Temp?!?

I have the key in the “On” position, engine off. Vehicle was cool when I tried to make your suggested changes. Would a ‘98 be different and have different PIDs? Would it make a difference if I started the engine and let it warm up? Should the key be in ACC?

View attachment 3404329
Those AF FT B* S* are throwing me off, like could that be FT=Fluid Temp, but if so, why %? One of them doesn’t have a unit of measure…
For your OBD dongle to work on an iOS platform (iPhone/iPad) it has to connect thru WiFi.
Post #26
The OBD Fusion on Android works thru Bluetooth connection and an iPhone (iOS) works thru WiFi.

This is what I use:
Vgate iCar Pro Wi-Fi OBD2 Scanner Scan Tools OBDII Car Diagnostic Tool Code Reader Fault Check Engine Light for iOS/Android https://a.co/d/1LsWGor

The actual dongle:View attachment 3103345

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom