1985 FJ60 - Alabama pasture find (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 16s all came in. Brand new, silver, pretty and shiny. They will look good with some new shoes.
View attachment 2910154

And so I will be getting rid of these:
View attachment 2910155

I sourced these 15s from a 1988 part-out. I spent literally hours getting most of the rust off and polishing them while watching football. Not perfect and still a little rusty on the inside. I am not giving them away and I would prefer someone pick them up in Birmingham rather than shipping them. PM if interested.

I recommend 255/85/16 Yokohama MT Geolanders for the 16s. These work well for our SE conditions, I'm on my second set.

I recommend 255/85/16 Yokohama MT Geolanders for the 16s. These work well for our SE conditions, I'm on my second set.
That’s a good recommendation, but I may be locked in already. I recently put some Trail Grappler M/Ts on my 100 that I may swap over. Good tires, but the 100 is mostly street and the M/Ts are “aggressive” (ha).

Have you done a valve adjustment yet? Easy peasy and makes a huge difference in how it runs. Great thread and keep it up!

Have you done a valve adjustment yet? Easy peasy and makes a huge difference in how it runs. Great thread and keep it up!
Not yet. Still straightening a few things out like water temp gauge, battery still not charging (I put a new voltage regulator in this weekend but still have not tried it). Etc., etc.

We are a few sessions from getting it out and letting it stretch its legs.

Check the brushes in your old alternator, it might be all it needs and it's a cheap fix.

Are you sticking with stock height? I’m just learning more about the IronMan suspension.
Ironman is supposed to take it up 2-3 inches. My springs are shot, literally curving down, and I went with heavy springs so it should go up considerably.

I have Ironman Foamcell Pros on my 100 and 200. I’m not a fanboy or anything but I’ve been very pleased with the ride.

Picking up this thread, I just purchased this rig today at OTM cruisers. @booradley and @Bama4door put some blood, sweat and tears into this truck and I intend to carry the torch! It runs well. Plans are to build it into a “Stock Plus”. @SAH

IMG_2359.jpeg

Oh hell! I was out there all day and @Bama4door did not even tell me! Glad it’s going to a good home!

Project was over my head. So I started another one (lol).

I will look forward to seeing it (and driving it).

Pace yourself. Burn out will probably be your biggest obstacle. Approach this project as something you want to work on and learn about, not something you want to drive anytime soon. As soon as you find yourself rushing or cursing - that’s a sign right there that you’re approaching the project the wrong way.
Generally, the faster you try to get something done by trying to take shortcuts, the longer it takes and the more swearing you’ll cuss.
If you find yourself swearing - you’re doing it wrong. The whole experience should be both fun and challenging. It’s all just how you approach it.
yup, break it down to 20 little projects. But pace your self. have some high school kids who want to be useful and learn something and volunteer there time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom