Builds Fly By Night (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gotta admit I really like my @bobm sill plates! And my BobM floor plans and 4 frame mounts. Wish I would have gotten the rockers too but he didn’t have them at the time. Had a slick metal guy recreate my rockers one Swiss cheese piece at a time…they came out ok.

Pics? Link?

I bought them in 2021 and they were sold by 58clarkg. He had several sets for sale but doesn't appear to have any now. Maybe ask him on ebay? Pretty sure he made those sets.

I can take a photo or two of them when I get a few minutes to dig them up. I did test fit them and they more or less replicated the OEM ones. They were not cheap though.
Apologies @RUSH55 for mucking up your thread. Found the ones that I bought.

05BD19BA-97C7-4242-B41A-9EDEDAF4130E.jpeg

That's what we do! :)
Besides watching Mr. @riderjgs and Mr. @WarDamnEagle become the new armchair internet pricks in the @ToyotaMatt spam $300 windshield washer bottle thread that Matt blocked me from its been pretty boring down here.
You guys should post some interesting videos in his "TECH thread" and he might just block the rest of you too.

its been pretty boring down here.
Sorry man. @xtiaan2000 and @samc2447 have been carrying the firewood for the builder crowd. I’ve been off preoccupied with other non-Cruiser stuff, but not too busy to drop a smartass remark here and there.

Last edited:
Besides watching Mr. @riderjgs and Mr. @WarDamnEagle become the new armchair internet pricks in the @ToyotaMatt spam $300 windshield washer bottle thread that Matt blocked me from its been pretty boring down here.
You guys should post some interesting videos in his "TECH thread" and he might just block the rest of you too.
He's blocked me more than once before......meh. He doesn't realize, I assume, that you can see everything if you log out. I actually think it's egregious of Woody to allow anyone to block all their content from others. No issue with the Ignore function; I've used it myself, but blocking content from others is rife with opportunity to abuse.

I’m honored to join your club.

Here’s the only scraps I can find to indicate anything has been happening here…

Still working on the engine fuse box mount plate. I think this incarnation (3rd) will be good enough to get me rolling. Found the bulkhead I’m going with from TE Connectivity in the form of these Deutsch HD30 housings. This pair uses #16, #12, and #8 pins for different amperage needs.
I am still working on making a removable side cover/mount on the mount plate to help support and protect.
My windshield washer reservoir is aluminum, as will be the coolant overflow res.
I also mounted the fuse box a little while ago. Decided to put it on the passenger side instead of driver side like what has been traditional. Seems to be plenty of room and close to the hole in the firewall for the wiring harness.

5384E6CE-262F-4CCF-9DCF-EFD29389F2D6.jpeg

A369A00E-5C50-4C28-B971-9E1EEAD03D1F.jpeg

52A00F77-1496-4311-A071-0F8AFB66ED2D.jpeg

C77C8413-74AD-4012-B3CE-C0AD735059FC.jpeg

E3F71A77-E641-4665-826C-E642873A2B0A.jpeg

$300.00 thats a ****ing Steal. Only wanted $180.00 for a Choke (ya i'm sqeezing my neck.) Bought the cable for 52 cents and rebuilt it🤔👍😘.

He's blocked me more than once before......meh. He doesn't realize, I assume, that you can see everything if you log out. I actually think it's egregious of Woody to allow anyone to block all their content from others. No issue with the Ignore function; I've used it myself, but blocking content from others is rife with opportunity to abuse.
Dey has a ingnoramus button 😘🤔😉🤪😳😯. Boy could i use Dat 🤪😳😯🤔😉🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Then here is the CAD version of the air filter box. Decided to go with a Donaldson Powercore 61504 air filter. This project patiently waits for that TIG welder I’m always rambling about.

View attachment 3333740

View attachment 3333741
Now that is it. I feel lame for even posting now🤦🏻‍♂️
The filter just hangs in da box? It’s direct tube mount it looks like?

How oversized did you decide on for CFM or whatever rating…lots to consider in choosing a filter. :hmm:

The filter just hangs in da box? It’s direct tube mount it looks like?

How oversized did you decide on for CFM or whatever rating…lots to consider in choosing a filter. :hmm:
There will be a 4” aluminum tube going through from the intake side that the filter will clamp to, and a section of 4” tube going from the box through the inner fender.
The filter media is 8” diameter and 8” length. The 4” flange is the same size as the MAF sensor housing and throttle body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom