For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

2016 LX 570
No Issues at all
Great rubber mats
63,000 miles, $53,000

Pretty happy with it so far, just ordered a brake controller.

I looked at the 2015 in Nocal with low miles, and the one in Bend, but I went with the 2016 to get the facelift

Back up on ebay w/ reserve at $35K. So pretty clear where minimum is on that.

View attachment 3328897
Interesting... Market fundamentals return?

2008 tc.png

Can someone educate me on this one?

Terrible photos of what looks to be a Heritage Edition yet VIN and carfax shows it to be a 2018 MY. I called up the dealer to clarify and they said there was a mix up at the auction where they thought they were getting a HE but it turned out to be a prototype build and was in fact built in 2018.

Has anyone heard of Toyota doing such a build and it then ending up on the market afterwards? Something seems off…

Terrible photos of what looks to be a Heritage Edition yet VIN and carfax shows it to be a 2018 MY. I called up the dealer to clarify and they said there was a mix up at the auction where they thought they were getting a HE but it turned out to be a prototype build and was in fact built in 2018.

Has anyone heard of Toyota doing such a build and it then ending up on the market afterwards? Something seems off…
Sketchy,

Former Toyota Engineer… can confirm they would never never never sell a preproduction build. Liability is too high as those cars are taken apart and put back together so many times.

Those are pictures of a monitor, you can see the dudes reflection holding a phone up, especially in the past one.

What's weird is they look like a legit dealer.
I looked at the carfax, next to zero service records.
2018 with 7k miles, seems to good to be true.
Proceed with caution ⚠️

I saw this 200 a while back and it looked suspect from Day 1. I thought the year was off at first. Lots of dealers put Heritage Edition on posts when the 200 is a base model. The year is correct based on VIN and it is not a HE. It doesn’t have the body side molding like other 2018s. And, I am not aware of a molding delete option. I have wondered if the Monroney sticker could be obtained. I am still scratching my head.

I saw this 200 a while back and it looked suspect from Day 1. I thought the year was off at first. Lots of dealers put Heritage Edition on posts when the 200 is a base model. The year is correct based on VIN and it is not a HE. It doesn’t have the body side molding like other 2018s. And, I am not aware of a molding delete option. I have wondered if the Monroney sticker could be obtained. I am still scratching my head.
No body molding, black housing headlights, black headliner, bronze stitched seats, and a factory 3rd row delete. It looks the part for sure. Something is up…

Just a warning there is a scam going around where too good to be true priced cars are ending up on Craigslist - the one I saw was a White 570 priced around 22k

what do you guys think happens to 200 prices when a new land cruiser comes out in 2024 or 2025? im in the market for a 200 series currently but dont know if i should just wait.

what do you guys think happens to 200 prices when a new land cruiser comes out in 2024 or 2025? im in the market for a 200 series currently but dont know if i should just wait.
The only option to get a new land cruiser is to get the LX600. The 300 series isn't coming to the US. The land cruiser prado is the nameplate that is said to be returning.

I think @prwillard2 is right that we will never see a new "true" LC wagon sold in the US again.

If they decide to sell the Prado here (either as a "Land Cruiser Prado" or just "Land Cruiser" like they've done in other markets (Spain, Iceland, etc)) then I think it will help bring down the 200 prices a bit but not drastically. You'll always have the buyers (us) who know what they are looking/paying for in a 200, but there will be a lot of other would-be potential buyers that just see the nameplate and want to go new.

..You'll always have the buyers (us) who know what they are looking/paying for in a 200, but there will be a lot of other would-be potential buyers that just see the nameplate and want to go new.
That's and a good point. Agree that new with factory warranty will drive some potential buyers off user car market especially with new offerings. Other factors include increasing repair costs and increasing number of poor repairs. Statistics are screaming there. Lucky are the ones with good trusted mechanic in their area. But at the end of th day numbers are not chancing much as long as you have people willing to over pay for rarity factor. LX around 6-8k lower in price.

I've had some incompetent mechanic stories over the years, especially at dealerships. Most recent related to a lawn mower, Honda $700 top of the line, less than 1 year old leaking oil from valve cover, take it to authorized dealer repair, got it back with really dirty valve cover looked like from another mower fully soaked in oil, low oil that's extremely dirty (they had to drain oil for repair) water mixed with oil dripping all over, I guess they hit it with a hose for a few seconds. Best part is that valve cover is still leaking. I mean, how bad can you be.

Back to LCs, I've seen a number of service records about poor previous repairs, so really cherish a good mechanic if you have one.

Working a deal right now for a 2020 HE with 17k miles on it. Dealer was asking $92,500 but agreed to come down to $90k since it has some clown wheels on it right now. Truck looks clean but I am waiting for more thorough photos, videos, and an inspection. You guys cross your fingers for me that no unexpected surprises pop up. This may be the one. 🤞

I think the new 4Runner will drop 200 prices.

2024 4Runner TRD Pro with all/most the goodies of the new Tacoma. Rear locker, front disconnects, double the mpg, 2.4kw inverter or a proven a 2016+ 200…

2024 4Runner TRD Pro with all/most the goodies of the new Tacoma. Rear locker, front disconnects, double the mpg, 2.4kw inverter or a proven a 2016+ 200…
unless it's a completely different vehicle than my current 20 Runner, I don't see how....

I think @prwillard2 is right that we will never see a new "true" LC wagon sold in the US again.

If they decide to sell the Prado here (either as a "Land Cruiser Prado" or just "Land Cruiser" like they've done in other markets (Spain, Iceland, etc)) then I think it will help bring down the 200 prices a bit but not drastically. You'll always have the buyers (us) who know what they are looking/paying for in a 200, but there will be a lot of other would-be potential buyers that just see the nameplate and want to go new.
I'm just another dude on the internet spouting his opinion but I'm fairly confident that whatever we get it will not be the next gen Prado. (that is going to come to us in GX form, same as before) Re-hashing previous speculation here but there has been more chatter from those claiming to be "in the know" who say the new LC we are getting in North America is going to be being a Wrangler/Bronco type of vehicle. It will be built on the same platform as the new Tacoma, 4R, Prado, etc but it's going to be marketed towards the "hardcore offroad" market (whatever that means) To me that means 2 and 4 door configurations. Maybe a removable top of some sort? OEM options for lifts, tires, and other accessories. Retro styling pulling cues from the concept cruiser that was shown off a couple of years ago and the 70 series. I am happy to link where I read this from if anyone is interested.

If this is what we get I think 200 values may decrease some but not exactly bottom out since they will end up being two very different vehicles. Speaking for myself if the new LC does end up being like a Wrangler or Bronco I am out. Purpose built off road machines generally compromise in areas of importance to me. (Ride quality, cabin noise, and space)

Double the MPG? So 26-27 MPG for the new 4 runner?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom