Official Keystone RC thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Primer and paint are in, still waiting on a set of fine sanding sponges before color coats
4230FDF1-AF97-47A5-9DF9-5DD5B429DFC8.jpeg
AA052E0D-5C6C-4BF7-B523-53AE1FC97F68.jpeg

Test run successful. Sanding sponges are taking a while to ship. Calibrating and fine tuning the ESC is a hobby unto itself.
1586999094395.png
1586999254653.png

Hmm,, 3 very light coats of Tamiya primer in a rattle can worked really nice with sanding between each coat. Then believe it or not 3 coats of Acrylic Exterior house paint. ( I had a gallon of S/Ws A100 Semi Gloss tinted for my trailer 7 years ago and it'll last as long as I'm around ) The formula is 5 parts paint / 2 parts distilled water / 2 parts windex / 1 part clear acrylic high gloss floor wax ( old fashioned "Future" ) The paint blew through my 25 year old airbrush flawlessly. A very light sanding and 2 coats of straight acrylic floor wax for the clear coat.. If this was a "show" model I could see myself sanding and trimming for easily 20-30 hours making it perfect. This one's a toy, I plan on running it. No trailer queens in my family! LOL I'm gonna wait at least a week before I start going crazy with the masking tape. The color scheme will match my 450. Too bad Slee doesn't have 1/10 scale bumpers and Sliders.
IMG_4315.jpg
IMG_4317.jpg

Last edited:
I screwed up thinking India ink would work for black paint, it ran everywhere. Another sanding later, another coat of color and clear, then flat black acrylic house paint gave me this.. but,
09CF7E81-DACD-4DB0-B0A4-0603475EE045.jpeg
C6A87AF9-6CA2-4227-A480-7E2250FEF27D.jpeg
Just like our real ones the mods, tune ups and repairs are never ending. Had it out yesterday and already gotta get it back in my body shop for repairs.

I screwed up thinking India ink would work for black paint, it ran everywhere. Another sanding later, another coat of color and clear, then flat black acrylic house paint gave me this.. but, View attachment 2343774View attachment 2343775Just like our real ones the mods, tune ups and repairs are never ending. Had it out yesterday and already gotta get it back in my body shop for repairs.
Great job 👍

@Rics4rnr you may be interested in this.
I think I know what I'll be getting myself for my birthday this year!

MFab 4x4 3d Printed Designs has finally made my dreams come true! I can have a mini me 4Runner!

Credit:

Avi- check out the new element enduro trialrunner it comes as an ifs 5th gen 4 runner- you could maybe swap bodys or I think they make the ifs as a kit. Check out rpp hobby. I’m thinking my next winter project will be the RC4WD 4door Taco like my truck with maybe the trailfinder 2 kit under it - very scale with leaf springs front and back.

Avi- check out the new element enduro trialrunner it comes as an ifs 5th gen 4 runner- you could maybe swap bodys or I think they make the ifs as a kit. Check out rpp hobby. I’m thinking my next winter project will be the RC4WD 4door Taco like my truck with maybe the trailfinder 2 kit under it - very scale with leaf springs front and back.

I've been watching some.of the builds on his Facebook page and I think he might actually sell the complete kit frame and all of not I might just do that since I would like it to mimic my truck as much as possible even though some day I'll SAS lol

Saw these recently:
Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 02.14.43 PM Sep.06.20.png

Bumping this old thread. The 1/24 93 Toyota truggy got some longer front links to stretch the wheelbase and a new servo a powerhobby 71tg also did brass servo mount and brass steering links. Also put brass +3mm hexes on to widen the track. She crawls like a mother now.

IMG_1174.jpeg

IMG_1172.jpeg

Looks awesome!

The company that has the hard body 3rd gen 4Runner just popped back onto the scene but full body and chassis (minus wheels and accessories) is in the $700 range now, so I'm holding off but still plan to get it. But to have a mini me rc truck will be very cool ifs and all 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom