Icon Vector 5 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I did not win the lottery. My discount tire was able to get an update. ‘Another 4-6 weeks’ is what they were told but at this point I have zero confidence in Icon being able to deliver. This was true among all colors (bronze/titanium/black). While I would have loved a set on my 570 waiting ~5 months for these to show up is dumb. I’ll probably find a set of Methods I don’t hate (but probably won’t love)

Well I did not win the lottery. My discount tire was able to get an update. ‘Another 4-6 weeks’ is what they were told but at this point I have zero confidence in Icon being able to deliver. This was true among all colors (bronze/titanium/black). While I would have loved a set on my 570 waiting ~5 months for these to show up is dumb. I’ll probably find a set of Methods I don’t hate (but probably won’t love)

Whats your budget?

I mean I had put in my order originally at $309/wheel and got a whole set of 5. I’d say priced around that is what I’m aiming for.
I have 5 satin black I would part with for 290/whee.

I mean I had put in my order originally at $309/wheel and got a whole set of 5. I’d say priced around that is what I’m aiming for.

You’re not supposed to be charged until they ship, so i would cancel. At that range there are plenty of options. Method and Alpha and Nomad are all good. That doesnt seem like it was a big sale was it?

And caviars offer ^.

You’re not supposed to be charged until they ship, so i would cancel. At that range there are plenty of options. Method and Alpha and Nomad are all good. That doesnt seem like it was a big sale was it?

And caviars offer ^.
I ordered in-store, not online. I was charged in full back in January. When Icon did a promotional sale in February on their alloy wheels I was able to get Discount to price match the sale price. All this waiting and now I am have arrived at the same place as @BeachCruzer and have ordered a set of Method Racing 314s in black. They are in stock and through a happy coincidence I am able to order them through a supplier we have an account with through my work. I really like the look of 707's but "in stock" and "great price" are difficult things to pass up after three months of waiting.

I ordered in-store, not online. I was charged in full back in January. When Icon did a promotional sale in February on their alloy wheels I was able to get Discount to price match the sale price. All this waiting and now I am have arrived at the same place as @BeachCruzer and have ordered a set of Method Racing 314s in black. They are in stock and through a happy coincidence I am able to order them through a supplier we have an account with through my work. I really like the look of 707's but "in stock" and "great price" are difficult things to pass up after three months of waiting.

I don’t think thats even legal anymore for several years for online retail?

Anyway good job, method is great and their service has been great to me. They stand behind their product. When I had a hard time diagnosing wheel wobble, they offered to fully take back any wheel out of round “lifetime” barring abuse. That didnt end up being the issue scanned on two different hunter 9000 machines.
Since they also didn’t make my wheels anymore, they offered free upgrade path.

Good guys. Great wheel selection.

7 months after ordering they finally are in my possession.

5 wheels/tires with BFG KO2s in 295/70/17 easily fit in the back of a 100 series.

52751997502_4077894960_c.jpg

PS rear is a new 295/70, while the DS rear has the old 275/70/18. The 295/70 is definitely a bit fatter and looks a little taller too, even though they are the same diameter on paper.

52752548216_dc91167dc5_c.jpg

All mounted up. I feel like this is a pretty good tire/wheel combo for size and offset. Offset is about perfect, I would not want them to stick out any more. Minimal heat gun work on the front of the front fender liner, with mud flap removal. Rears stuff just fine.

52752943575_67bf4e4a47_c.jpg

It's about time to do some camping/towing/wheeling and break those Kings in.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly there is speculation that the spare tire hoist model depends on the factory of origin. Both new and old cruisers got the hoist that fits, and the one that doesn’t.

If your hoist doesn’t fit you can easily modify it. Just take a dremel or similar and slice the round tube of metal that protrudes upward from the hoist flat area, around the tube, close to the top of the flat. This cuts the tube into two pieces while leaving the chain intact, and with it in two the lower part will fit through wheels with the smaller hole.

I tried to dig up the thread that had pictures of this but couldn’t find it. If it’s totally confusing I can drop my spare for pictures.

7 months after ordering they finally are in my possession.

5 wheels/tires with BFG KO2s in 295/70/17 easily fit in the back of a 100 series.

52751997502_4077894960_c.jpg

PS rear is a new 295/70, while the DS rear has the old 275/70/18. The 295/70 is definitely a bit fatter and looks a little taller too, even though they are the same diameter on paper.

52752548216_dc91167dc5_c.jpg

All mounted up. I feel like this is a pretty good tire/wheel combo for size and offset. Offset is about perfect, I would not want them to stick out any more. Minimal heat gun work on the front of the front fender liner, with mud flap removal. Rears stuff just fine.

52752943575_67bf4e4a47_c.jpg

It's about time to do some camping/towing/wheeling and break those Kings in.
Man that 275 looks like a donut comparatively. Nice shot there thanks for taking the moment to get that. Got me thinking 295 again. Post up mpg diff and other feedback when you log some mis.

If I remember correctly there is speculation that the spare tire hoist model depends on the factory of origin. Both new and old cruisers got the hoist that fits, and the one that doesn’t.

If your hoist doesn’t fit you can easily modify it. Just take a dremel or similar and slice the round tube of metal that protrudes upward from the hoist flat area, around the tube, close to the top of the flat. This cuts the tube into two pieces while leaving the chain intact, and with it in two the lower part will fit through wheels with the smaller hole.

I tried to dig up the thread that had pictures of this but couldn’t find it. If it’s totally confusing I can drop my spare for pictures.

Thanks! I remember seeing that thread somewhere too. I didn't get to the spare last night but will let you know if I have any issues.

Man that 275 looks like a donut comparatively. Nice shot there thanks for taking the moment to get that. Got me thinking 295 again. Post up mpg diff and other feedback when you log some mis.

Will do. I'm pretty happy with that size so far! There is a 295/70/18 that is just a touch taller. If I had 18" wheels, I'd probably run that.

Finally got around to swapping out the spare. My 200 was made at the Yoshiwara plant and the factory spare hoist worked just fine on the Vector 5 wheel. No modifications needed. The only thing that doesn't fit is the factory rubber "protector." I did end up doing a quick cut and weld on the rear LRA spare spacer to get the tire to tuck just a bit better. With how low the spare hangs down, every 1/2" counts!

52786874540_3217037719_c.jpg

The plan is eventually to make a tire mount and replace one of the rear seats so I can get the tire in the rear cargo area.

LRA rear spacer before:

52786479291_075798489f_c.jpg

After:

52786478301_5a42a8a01d_c.jpg

Just ordered a set of these in bronze because 1) they were in stock at the warehouse, 2) the methods I really want wont be available until later in the summer and 3) Icon doesn't know when exactly they'll have more in Titanium.

Bronze on a silver vehicle definitely would not be my first choice, but at $248 a pop (4wp), I'm not going to complain. Deciding whether I should paint them myself (likely gunmetal/graphite/whatever greyish color) or just mount up the bronze ones.

What says MUD?

Rig for reference:

20220614_142637[1].jpg

20220614_140832[1].jpg

Last edited:
Silver car with bronze will look ACE. That was my intended setup (2013 570). I went with BFG KO2 and white letters out. I would have done white letters out with the bronze wheels.
Ironically my local Discount Tire called me Friday to tell me my bronze wheels had arrived. I mentioned how weird that was seeing how we had cancelled and refunded the order back in April. He followed up with "Oh yeah...know anyone that wants a deal on 5 bronze Icon wheels?" I would be lying if I didn't think about it for a minute.

Has anyone gone from the 18" forged TRD wheel (Heritage) to 17" Vector 5? Is the ride any better? I have a MGM (dark grey) Heritage and I can't help but LOVE the offset of the Vector 5 and more sidewall. I am digging the titanium wheel on the grey LC. I am crazy to remove the Heritage wheels for the Vector 5's? I would have to run some Spidertrax spacers with the HE wheels to get the same 'look' as the Vector 5's.

I am open to your thoughts and criticisms. Thanks.

Has anyone gone from the 18" forged TRD wheel (Heritage) to 17" Vector 5? Is the ride any better? I have a MGM (dark grey) Heritage and I can't help but LOVE the offset of the Vector 5 and more sidewall. I am digging the titanium wheel on the grey LC. I am crazy to remove the Heritage wheels for the Vector 5's? I would have to run some Spidertrax spacers with the HE wheels to get the same 'look' as the Vector 5's.

I am open to your thoughts and criticisms. Thanks.
I’d keep the BBS, but understand the desire to go 17. If you make the move and are going to part with the BBS, I’m looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom