Positive Pressure in 40 Fuel Tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don't know a ton about 40s. Mine has been desmogged and stinks like a gas station when driven. Filling up the other day, when I opened the gas tank a huge release of pressure occurred. Never seen anything like it before. Is this normal in a 40?

NO !

you have a fuel system vapor recovery issue of some sort ?

- missing parts , being that your DE-SMOGGED , it might be a good time to actually see how much , of the smog parts were removed ?
sometimes those who are not aware strip needed fundimetal parts like a charcoal canister or various check valves ?

- this is sad , and it does happen alot :confused:

- clogged parts rust , grunge , age , time etc....?

- mis-routed lines / tubes / hoses of one kind or another ?

- these 3 catigories or a combonation of 2 or more will cause this ....

- remember : Positive Crankcase Ventalation or
PCV

- now u need this :

- without it , your throwing darts 🎯 blindfolded in the dark

6633F083-C141-4506-933C-6471671DEC3E.jpeg

C837085C-BB27-4D3B-851E-A42013DDBBDF.jpeg
810DF902-A432-4441-A762-570E79793E70.jpeg

If you have the charcoal canister there by the backside of the gas cap and filler tube make sure it is not just full of fuel and clogged.I had a terrible fuel smell in mine when I first got it on the road and when I pulled the canister and tuned it over it was totally full of fuel/fluid. I let it drain out and dry reinstalled it and it has worked fine since. Mine is desmogged and the line to the fire wall between the fan and the heater control valve is still there but ends. I leave it open to vent.

2X on the charcoal canister!
If you don’t have one is also a reason for the gas smell. you need to put one on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom