AirDownGearUp SS1: Storage, Sleeper and Drawer System for 100 series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For those who just want a little cooler tucked under the platform.....at 11 inch height this would be a good options
>>https://www.coleman.com/coolers-dri...man-pro-17-quart-hard-cooler/SAP_2180609.html

The latching lid and seal make it a little more appealing than the little igloo coolers that I currently use. The price tag makes it less appealing at 100 bucks
Nice.
I remember when they were made from aluminum.
Mine had holes in the bottom after sliding around in my F100 for years.

Nice.
I remember when they were made from aluminum.
Mine had holes in the bottom after sliding around in my F100 for years.
Yeah. well it is very sad to see how everything is just Chinese plastic junk now. But we all just keep buying it.

Yeah. well it is very sad to see how everything is just Chinese plastic junk now. But we all just keep buying it.
Yep. I probably wouldn't pay the price for aluminum now.
And we keep losing our manufacturing at home

Yep. I probably wouldn't pay the price for aluminum now.
And we keep losing our manufacturing at home
Cheers to American manufacturing!

[did that actually work? Never tried to embed an instagram reel...]

We've been able to get a handful of camping and wheeling trips in this year, so I wanted to provide a few pictures of how we utilized the ADGU kitchen + drawer along the way!

To start with, we added a simple Jackery 500 to provide the energy storage for the fridge and other various goodies. We wanted this setup to demonstrate a 'plug and play' system that would be simple to replicate. One thing to note, the AC plug in cargo area on the 200 is.... well... i wouldn't say useless, but not any good for charging the Jackery. We simply bought an extended length cable and plugged into the cigarette lighter socket in the 2nd row. We ran the cord under the floor mat and 2nd row, and plugged the jackery cable into that.

So far I have found the Jackery 500 to be good for powering the fridge about 3 days/nights without turning the vehicle on. This is a great solution for normal/extended weekend trips. If you were doing more than that you would likely want to set up some solar charging. There are plenty of outputs, so you can run all kinds of accessories. We were powering a drawer light, walkie talkie charger, go-pro charger, the fridge and occasionally plugging phones in for a top off.

We also added an energy chain to keep all the cabling nice and tidy. We'll be adding a guard to keep gear from interfering with this energy chain, and will be incorporating this as part of the standard kitchen offering.

We cooked A LOT of large group meals out of this setup, and I was pleased with how everything worked. That much cooking would have been tricky without this kitchen! These pictures are all out of my LX570, but this is the exact same system that would be in a 100 as well.

20230506_170327.jpg

24017.jpeg

20230419_103004.jpg

20230427_083315.jpg

20230427_083400.jpg

We've been able to get a handful of camping and wheeling trips in this year, so I wanted to provide a few pictures of how we utilized the ADGU kitchen + drawer along the way!

To start with, we added a simple Jackery 500 to provide the energy storage for the fridge and other various goodies. We wanted this setup to demonstrate a 'plug and play' system that would be simple to replicate. One thing to note, the AC plug in cargo area on the 200 is.... well... i wouldn't say useless, but not any good for charging the Jackery. We simply bought an extended length cable and plugged into the cigarette lighter socket in the 2nd row. We ran the cord under the floor mat and 2nd row, and plugged the jackery cable into that.

So far I have found the Jackery 500 to be good for powering the fridge about 3 days/nights without turning the vehicle on. This is a great solution for normal/extended weekend trips. If you were doing more than that you would likely want to set up some solar charging. There are plenty of outputs, so you can run all kinds of accessories. We were powering a drawer light, walkie talkie charger, go-pro charger, the fridge and occasionally plugging phones in for a top off.

We also added an energy chain to keep all the cabling nice and tidy. We'll be adding a guard to keep gear from interfering with this energy chain, and will be incorporating this as part of the standard kitchen offering.

We cooked A LOT of large group meals out of this setup, and I was pleased with how everything worked. That much cooking would have been tricky without this kitchen! These pictures are all out of my LX570, but this is the exact same system that would be in a 100 as well.

View attachment 3331440

View attachment 3331441

View attachment 3331442

View attachment 3331443

View attachment 3331444
So smart on the energy chain. Really great setup. How are you liking the Richlite? I keep going back and forth on that, but so far leaning that way since we have dogs and should hold up better.

So smart on the energy chain. Really great setup. How are you liking the Richlite? I keep going back and forth on that, but so far leaning that way since we have dogs and should hold up better.
We never cease to be amazed by that Richlite material! It's absolutely incredible. The durability is unmatched, and it looks so good in the vehicle. We are intentionally hard on the systems in the ADGU fleet, and every time we think we've gone to far on the Richlite we simply scrub it Clean (can be done with Isopropyl alcohol to disinfect) and its back to like-new.

We never cease to be amazed by that Richlite material! It's absolutely incredible. The durability is unmatched, and it looks so good in the vehicle. We are intentionally hard on the systems in the ADGU fleet, and every time we think we've gone to far on the Richlite we simply scrub it Clean (can be done with Isopropyl alcohol to disinfect) and its back to like-new.
oh ha! I didn't realize it was you posting. That's fantastic to hear. It sure does seem to look fantastic. Thanks!

oh ha! I didn't realize it was you posting. That's fantastic to hear. It sure does seem to look fantastic. Thanks!

Epicurean uses Richlite to my knowledge. If it's not RIchlite branded material, it's the same functional thing. You can chop on it for years and years. Clean it up, maybe a dab of oil and it looks nearly new. It's really amazing stuff. Tough enough for outdoor skate parks and beautiful enough to be used in high-end architecture.

Same! Just wish I could turn mine into a full sleeper and delete the 2nd row. But until the kids are old enough to drive themselves (12 years still to go) it’s not gonna happen! Lol
Damn kids. Yeah I'm working on a way to get my wife to leave me so I can put a fridge on her side of the platform.

The second row delete was a game changer , lots of storage space down there.

Sorry if I missed it reading through this thread, but is the base platform 1/2 or 3/4?

Sorry if I missed it reading through this thread, but is the base platform 1/2 or 3/4?
Base platform/sleeper use 1/2" thick Baltic Birch for the pre-finished birch systems, and 3/4" thick Richlite-clad birch for the richlite offering. We have found that to be the optimum strength/weight thickness for our system. With the design of our frame, we don't gain any noticeable strength by going from 1/2" to 3/4" birch (on the standard systems), so it's just a weight penality.

The Richlite uses the same 1/2" birch core, and then has 1/8" thick Richlite clad onto both sides, bringing the total thickness up to 3/4".

You guys have come a long way from the first platform project. Very nice looking product evolution. 👍👍👍

Sick! Can you show a shot of it set up as a sleeper? I didn't realize the one with the fridge slide out could do that - is it a single side sleeper?
For sure. There's a separate cover that slides in on top of the fridge area when not in use. You can secure it with up to 10 screws, depending on your patience and risk tolerance :)

Then there's the sleeper. From the factory, it comes as a full-width, but you can remove the fridge side to make it a single. I haven't removed the fridge side yet, so it's an awkward full width that covers the fridge when folder back. Here's what it looks like, though:

Here's a quick walkthough of the whole thing.

And here's the modification I plan on doing to add hinges to that the kitchen cover can be permanently installed and folded over when I have the fridge installed:

For sure. There's a separate cover that slides in on top of the fridge area when not in use. You can secure it with up to 10 screws, depending on your patience and risk tolerance :)

Then there's the sleeper. From the factory, it comes as a full-width, but you can remove the fridge side to make it a single. I haven't removed the fridge side yet, so it's an awkward full width that covers the fridge when folder back. Here's what it looks like, though:

Here's a quick walkthough of the whole thing.

And here's the modification I plan on doing to add hinges to that the kitchen cover can be permanently installed and folded over when I have the fridge installed:

Thanks for the video. This is amazing. I never realized the sleeper could be used with the fridge slider. We'd be in a similar situation in the sleep situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom