Clearview Compact Mirrors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have gone through the fixes for the shaky mirrors on the stock units and have purchased aftermarket replacements and haven't been happy with them. I have been looking at the Clearview mirrors but the standard towing mirrors were too big in my opinion. ClearView recently launched the Compact mirrors and I decided to roll the dice and try a pair. I wanted to get rid of shaky mirrors but also liked the idea of a larger side mirror since on trips I usually have limited visibility out the back with the dog and gear on top of the drawers. I haven't seen a lot of info on the compacts so I thought I would post comparison pics for those that might be interested. The Clearview units are really high quality, install was straightforward and so far I am really happy with the fit, look and larger mirror area.

IMG_0652.jpg
IMG_0648.jpg
IMG_0643.jpg

The blocked shape just doesn’t flow with the curved body of the FZJ80, but to each their own.

Why does it have the “objects are closer than they appear” warning on the US driver side? Is your set RHD spec?

What particular trim did you choose to get the power mirror option? These are pretty interesting as a replacement to the stock mirrors and I like the idea of larger mirrors. I am accustomed to larger mirrors since I drive CDL for a living.

I feel we need a few more wide angle pictures :) in order to get the full vibe of the situation.

Ha! wasn’t expecting the looks to be so uh.. controversial. I’m digging ‘em.

@thatcabledude they are LHD but they use convex mirrors on both sides so both sides are stamped.

@OffRoadScott these are the standard 80 mirrors in the compact design. They have the power glass control like stock but nothing else. They do build these to support all OEM functions so it might be interesting to look at other models to add power fold or other functions.

I was considering them for pulling a camper. I thought they snapped out wider than it shows in your pix.

@inkpot these are telescoping

Bad pic but here they are full extension

IMG_0653.jpeg

These are the same company. Sooty mki had the original large mirrors and I think Sooty mkii may be running the nextgen mirror whic sits size wise between the compacts and the originals.

Ha! wasn’t expecting the looks to be so uh.. controversial. I’m digging ‘em.

@thatcabledude they are LHD but they use convex mirrors on both sides so both sides are stamped.

@OffRoadScott these are the standard 80 mirrors in the compact design. They have the power glass control like stock but nothing else. They do build these to support all OEM functions so it might be interesting to look at other models to add power fold or other functions.

When you selected trim which one did you pick?

Sorry if I missed it, but what brand are the smaller (?stock size) aftermarket mirrors and what don't you like about them (just too small for your needs)?

Sorry if I missed it, but what brand are the smaller (?stock size) aftermarket mirrors and what don't you like about them (just too small for your needs)?
Think they are OEM or oem knockoff?

When you selected trim which one did you pick?I

I ordered these through ClearviewUSA. There are no trim options. I assume you were looking at their Aus home site which does list all the trim options. Hope that helps.

They were Amazon knockoffs. They started shaking within a couple of months, not as bad as the stock units were but annoying enough. The housings started corroding after a couple of years. The drivers side adjust eventually stopped working which was what triggered me to upgrade. Come to find out when I was doing the install in these the connector had come undone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom