What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah they just emailed back and said no already. Let’s get together and make it happen!

Is your buddy on here?

Yea, his handle is @ilikesweatydudes or something like that.

Oh wait, found him @gentimmy

Well the morning started off great but then it quickly got awkward. The feet of the winch didn't line up with the holes in the winch tray on the bumper, at least not front to back. The measurements were correct but the holes were about 1/4" too far back in the tray. I got on the phone with the boys at Dissent this morning once they opened up on the west coast and we shared images and discussed options and ultimately I settled on elongating the holes forward so they ended up in more of an oval or pill shape. Once the holes were properly notched the winch went without issue, unfortunately this was after a three hour delay that included a stop at the local custom aluminum welding and fab shop and to Lowes for rotary bits.

If you elect to purchase the bracket for the winch solenoid box relocation for the ComeUp winch just be forewarned that it will seriously inhibit your ability to access all of the hardware on the back end of the passenger side. The nuts can be accessed to tighten them down and properly torque things but unless you have baby arms you will wreck your forearms in the process. I don't regret the bracket because it's a very clean solution but it did double if not triple my time in regards to tightening/torquing hardware on that side.

Things always take some coaxing and slight suggesting via a mallet and a solid shove when it comes to welded metal bits but we got it to all line up in the end. The full wrap bar is awesome and I am so glad that I convinced them to make it for me and waited the many extra months in order to get it. I think it really ties the bumper together and sets it apart from their other offerings for the 200. The added protection from animal strikes is a huge plus as well.

I vinyl wrapped the headlight washer covers myself and this was the first time I have ever messed with that material so we shall see how those hold up. The Factor55 Flatlink E that all of my builds get makes for a nice flush finish to the front end. The Baja Designs Squadron lights look great and should do a good job of illuminating the corners and edges of the road. The only thing left to do is applying some black paint on the white sheet metal in the front fender wells. All in all I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out and I look forward to getting the Dissent rear bumper at some point in the near future.

View attachment 3330812

View attachment 3330813

View attachment 3330814

View attachment 3330817

View attachment 3330818
It looks fantastic!

Well the morning started off great but then it quickly got awkward. The feet of the winch didn't line up with the holes in the winch tray on the bumper, at least not front to back. The measurements were correct but the holes were about 1/4" too far back in the tray. I got on the phone with the boys at Dissent this morning once they opened up on the west coast and we shared images and discussed options and ultimately I settled on elongating the holes forward so they ended up in more of an oval or pill shape. Once the holes were properly notched the winch went without issue, unfortunately this was after a three hour delay that included a stop at the local custom aluminum welding and fab shop and to Lowes for rotary bits.

If you elect to purchase the bracket for the winch solenoid box relocation for the ComeUp winch just be forewarned that it will seriously inhibit your ability to access all of the hardware on the back end of the passenger side. The nuts can be accessed to tighten them down and properly torque things but unless you have baby arms you will wreck your forearms in the process. I don't regret the bracket because it's a very clean solution but it did double if not triple my time in regards to tightening/torquing hardware on that side.

Things always take some coaxing and slight suggesting via a mallet and a solid shove when it comes to welded metal bits but we got it to all line up in the end. The full wrap bar is awesome and I am so glad that I convinced them to make it for me and waited the many extra months in order to get it. I think it really ties the bumper together and sets it apart from their other offerings for the 200. The added protection from animal strikes is a huge plus as well.

I vinyl wrapped the headlight washer covers myself and this was the first time I have ever messed with that material so we shall see how those hold up. The Factor55 Flatlink E that all of my builds get makes for a nice flush finish to the front end. The Baja Designs Squadron lights look great and should do a good job of illuminating the corners and edges of the road. The only thing left to do is applying some black paint on the white sheet metal in the front fender wells. All in all I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out and I look forward to getting the Dissent rear bumper at some point in the near future.

View attachment 3330812

View attachment 3330813

View attachment 3330814

View attachment 3330817

View attachment 3330818

You gonna paint this white inner fender?

1684980451326.png

@Tex68w you need to do a build thread

installed these RV sunshades specifically for the 200 series. With a toddler in the backseat, these are perfect for the upcoming summer road trips. The fit and finish are really nice compared to the one size fits all window screens.

View attachment 3331950

View attachment 3331951
I just ordered a pair of the rear quarter window shades from the Rvsunshades outfit in Australia. The 2nd row already has roller shades in the LX 570, but I always thought it would be nice to have something for the rear area.

What is that? RW (rep?) with a custom bead ring?

Just like @Tanaman said - Rock warriors that OMF converted to beadlocks. Unfortunately I need a 1/8” shim ring they are making up since KM3s have such a big lip

Do you prefer with a gap above the slider or gapless? I didn't expect such a large gap so I bolted them on an angle and cut the OEM side step to include some side wall (second photo)
2023-05-07 14.33.53gap.jpg

2023-05-07 16.32.47gap-filled.jpg

Nothing overly exciting. Other than fixed my 4lo shift actuator and now have 4 low for the first time since ownership.
Next is CDL actuator.

Also did BMC chop finally and eliminated 100% of my rubbing since 35s.

5w30 synthetic oil change, 5 tire rotation.

Rebearing my front diff, had some pinion noise and found a couple of the bearings with scaring.

Fresh synthetic fluids in both diffs.

Replaced A/C Condenser, oil change, and added @eimkeith’s PCK.
Nice to have air conditioning back! And in just the thirty or so miles since I picked the truck back up, the PCK made more difference than I could’ve imagined. No more wagging over potholes or large bumps at speed. Feels more planted through the bumps. I’ve got stock rear shocks with OME 2722 springs for context.

Installed the control box for my SmittyBilt winch and connected the wiring.
Winch wiring and control box mounted.jpg

Next step is to cut the cross brace on the 200, then drop this into place...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom