Fellow cruiser junkie needs thoughts and prayers! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Held this news close to me since it wasn’t my place to say anything but since a message from his wife was forwarded to friends and family a couple days ago I felt I would share.

Chris Delancy whom many of us know from mud over the years told me about his new diagnosis of Pancreatic cancer when I reached out to him for some coffee and cruiser time at the first of January. Although we have not been able to speak face to face I have been texting with him every few weeks checking on him. Attempts to meet up and drive some cruisers have failed with his many complications.

He’s had a tough go of it and I’m sure most know pancreatic cancer is an unforgiving type especially with metastasis which unfortunately Chris has. I guess he checked into the hospital a couple days after our last communication and continues to battle infections which has plagued him most of the last 2-3 months. He is still there putting up a helluva fight.

Chris is a good dude with some serious literary skills, go back and read some of his posts, I still don’t know how the hell he typed all that he did at times. He is always there to help ya when ya ever needed anything as many mudders would do.

He graciously helped me load up my 40 on the uhaul trailer little over 10 years ago on my last load moving to Colorado and we had straps going all over the place but it didn’t move at all!! I drooled over his PIG at Robbie’s when I dropped Onur off several years ago, his was probably the first pig I laid my hands on.

Not much to do at this time but offer positive thoughts and prayers for Chris and his family.

I’ll post if I learn anything new

Yep that’s Chris with all his cruisers, I would just nod my head like I knew what he was talking about when he starts tossing out the technical crap…

Sucks, he went in to urgent care first week of December for some swelling in his ankle and in his words was sent to ED “and came out with diagnosis of pancreatic cancer”

Old Chris…. The times we had doing Toyota shįt….

Sending my best vibes to Lori and his family.

IMG_7655.jpeg

Terrible news. Hopefully he can be on the small side of victory. My mother in law was taken by it 6 years ago. Cancer sucks as it is, but somehow pancreatic cancer can find a way to be even worse. Get well, we are rooting for you.

Lori, Chri's wife returned my last text to Chris just now. She only offered that he was still in the hospital and I asked her to send her well wishes from everyone to him. Best I can do at this time.

I will continue to keep everyone up to date as I learn more.

Shortly after I posted the above Lori texted me back after I offered any help I could as a physician to help them with any questions.. She said "The doctors are not very hopeful but we are not giving up!!" She also wanted to say thanks for all the prayers.

Last edited:
How is his daughter doing?
I know she had Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 2014.
She did great, although I knew Chris some through some interactions locally it was when his daughter was diagnosed with Lymphoma that we got to know each other. I was familiar with the pediatric oncologist and somewhat with type of lymphoma she had which had excellent cure rate and discussed that quite a bit helping Chris get through it. She handled it like a trooper and from what I know is doing wonderful and living her life.

What a lost to the community. Never had the pleasure to meet him but read a lot of his posts. Very sharp guy.

A.J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom