Builds 1969 FJ55 Patina Piggy... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You are asking about the bolts that secure the bracket to the block? The rubber mount has studs on either side.

Yes, the bolts securing the mounting bracket to the block... would love to get the non-JIS metric hardware with too many washers replaced with OEM stuff.

I wish I had cleaned up my engine compartment before the 3FE went in...

It makes me want to gut my Troopy's engine bay and clean/insulate/paint...

You need new birfs, knuckles, steering arms, and locking hubs. Basically everything but the housing, axle shafts and the 3rd member. If you feel like you need to rebuild them anyway maybe it is a good idea to go that route. Otherwise go with what kit @DTC72 mentioned.

The pig made quite a road trip last week…

D6D2EB6B-5BF3-4209-9692-FC2D79E9316F.jpeg

My folks have moved to AZ… which means I might get to help out moving forward!

Whew... almost a year since an update. Lots of work though...

Dad's 3FE came on a built-up FJ40 chassis that had disk fronts and a rear disc kit as well. He took the parts off the chassis to convert his rear to discs. To do the front we figured a straight-forward axle swap was the best approach. So we got busy...

060axleswap.jpg

061drumsout.jpg

With that out of the way the 3FE went in for the last time.

062threefe.jpg

And a big milestone preventing us from getting things running was the gas tank. Dad reconditioned the gas tank we grabbed from Cruiser Corp and we finally got it installed and plumbed.

063newtank.jpg

Other work done...
  • All new brake hardlines. Dad bent and flared those all custom.
  • New brake master.
  • Rebuilt front calipers.
  • Radiator was re-cored and modified... we needed it pushed forward in its bracket to make room for the 3FE fan. Dad had a local radiator shop do that and it ended up perfect. Thanks to @PabloCruise for pointers on that.
  • New exhaust custom built.
  • Driveshafts modified/rebuilt to suit 3FE and 4-speed position.
  • Lots of wiring harness troubleshooting and work.
  • New Koito H4's installed.
I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff... @KSDaddio, what am I missing?

so cool to see this running! last time i saw the engine was on a trailer in the driveway when we got it to cough after the rebuild. I know the struggle was real and down to one wire we diagnosed over a couple text messages back and forth.. Congrats!

so cool to see this running! last time i saw the engine was on a trailer in the driveway when we got it to cough after the rebuild. I know the struggle was real and down to one wire we diagnosed over a couple text messages back and forth.. Congrats!
The battle continues on loose wires and learning what make a 3FE tick. Cold start still an issue after checking related components. Just hooked up both oxy sensors to see if that makes a difference.
Down side of technology is design of computer.

I love seeting these things being put back on the road!!!!!!

Just a quick search and found that Cruiser Corps sells them but are currently out of stock. Might be worth calling to find out when more will be available.
Checked CL and found a complete 3F in Prescott for $650. I know you don’t need a whole engine, but might be worth picking one up to have extra parts.

A search on eBay shows a bunch down in Australia

For Sale: Powerful 1993 Land Cruiser Motor 150k miles- Unleash the Beast!
For Sale: Powerful 1993 Land Cruiser Motor 150k miles- Unleash the... - https://prescott.craigslist.org/pts/d/prescott-for-sale-powerful-1993-land/7642711079.html

Just a quick search and found that Cruiser Corps sells them but are currently out of stock. Might be worth calling to find out when more will be available.
Checked CL and found a complete 3F in Prescott for $650. I know you don’t need a whole engine, but might be worth picking one up to have extra parts.

A search on eBay shows a bunch down in Australia

For Sale: Powerful 1993 Land Cruiser Motor 150k miles- Unleash the Beast!
For Sale: Powerful 1993 Land Cruiser Motor 150k miles- Unleash the... - https://prescott.craigslist.org/pts/d/prescott-for-sale-powerful-1993-land/7642711079.html

Missed the boat on the engine but did manage to cop one from Cruiser Corp.
Adam helped out with full multi pulley balancer that made a world of difference at a price I could not refuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom