Builds 76 Fj40 Face Lift (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mrs Revenge
Mrs Revenge, Hmmmm? Now there’s an apt title. You two know each other?

Can’t say I’ve had any meaningful conversation with her ever since she pulled the hammers back on that 12 bore bird gun, all the while being overly twitter-pated on account of a few drops of 90 weight on the Barbie Garage floor.

In her defense, I’m pretty sure it was only #9 shot. Probably wouldn’t have done to much harm. I might of welted up a bit but nothing permanent I’m sure. But, those eyes of hers, all black and soulless like, cold, Mabaliene rimmed, lifeless starring eyes. Let me tell you little brother, that gaze will leave a mark.

If I run into her again, I’ll let her you know were asking about her..🙄

Mrs Revenge, Hmmmm? Now there’s an apt title. You two know each other?

Can’t say I’ve had any meaningful conversation with her ever since she pulled the hammers back on that 12 bore bird gun, all the while being overly twitter-pated on account of a few drops of 90 weight on the Barbie Garage floor.

In her defense, I’m pretty sure it was only #9 shot. Probably wouldn’t have done to much harm. I might of welted up a bit but nothing permanent I’m sure. But, those eyes of hers, all black and soulless like, cold, Mabaliene rimmed, lifeless starring eyes. Let me tell you little brother, that gaze will leave a mark.

If I run into her again, I’ll let her you know were asking about her..🙄
Reminds me of an old miner’s saying:

The more I know about wimmenz, the more I like my mule.

🤔

@cruiserkev

“Triple Doctorate in Hillbilly Engineering”…

Im’a steal that. Maybe start a school. You ever do any bed-liner removal? Run a grinder? Know your way around a sheet of diamond plate? You could be a tenured professor. How about a new shop shirt with “The Prof” written on the name tag. I’ll give you top billing “Kev N Chungas Technical School of Appalachian Engineering….Buckle up Cuz, we’re going places.

@cruiserkev

Im’a steal that. Maybe start a school. You ever do any bed-liner removal? Run a grinder? Know your way around a sheet of diamond plate? You could be a tenured professor. How about a new shop shirt with “The Prof” written on the name tag. I’ll give you top billing “Kev N Chungas Technical School of Appalachian Engineering….Buckle up Cuz, we’re going places.
Maybe just a satellite campus Jeff. @rkymtnflyfisher already has a thread with a running scrapbook from graduates. Ergo, there must already be a campus.

Chances are though that it’s like ‘Fight Club’, and you’re forbidden to talk about it.

Last edited:
Definitely a tenured professor here. My dad had me changing spark plugs in the mud and wheel bearings in the ditch as a young kid in the 70s. Didn't realize I was being learned at the time. Paying attention pays off but can be dangerous, I have more than a couple hillbilly mods on my 40; it's how you make it yours. 🤪
@cruiserkev

This is kinda weird. I lost nothing. Oil pressure good, no weird noises, no slap - just a little dust//flake in the pan.
In this case, an option for me would be to drain the oil, put on a new filter, refill the oil, and then drive it. :meh:

If I can rebuild an old 2F with Mud, blood, and beer, you shouldn't even be worried right now. You'll have it back in prime condition before you realize it.

images.jpeg-9.jpg

You'll have it back in prime condition before you realize it.

Thanks CPT Ryan.

I‘m not sure I‘ve ever seen this diamond plated menace in “Prime Condition”. Out of the blue, I did receive some “Jedi level” advice to ease my cognitive dissidence ref: My catastrophic outlook. And, I have called in some experts, white lab coat types, that know the tools of the trade. Individuals suited for this type of delicate procedural evaluation and execution.

A team dedicated to the care and safeguarding of The Mule.….☝️

E8181CEA-2D8E-4F46-8E85-5738593DAF1C.jpeg

I doubt it, but I will check when I'm in the shop.😊

Thanks, I’ll call you at the shop later during business hours. I’ve a couple other items I’m looking for.

Last edited:
Oddly enough, my “high school”sense of humor calls this, “anticipation”…🙄

@Jdc1
@rkymtnflyfisher

BF76441C-397F-48E0-BB8E-A76A7F7832D7.jpeg

9380B008-710E-429A-90E9-20940C16B41F.jpeg

Doc said, “it was like pulling a thread on a cheap suit, it just unraveled”.

For new readers, that “glowing rod“ is nowhere near the Trans or TCase. And in most cases, is not the go to tool for normal routine maintenance. It is however, when paired with a “big a$$ nut” the perfect combo for removing stubborn rear brake components. Apparently, there were some issues with the rear wheel cylinder(s)/drums. So much so that it probably wouldn‘t roll down hill with a tail wind 🙃.

Anyway, all new parts arrived today and the prognosis from the surgeon is good. I’ll post up some more news later.

Just to be sure, the 2F is a glorified tractor engine, right?

806BB8BB-AECE-4D02-8302-06C103CBD59F.jpeg

Doc said, “it was like pulling a thread on a cheap suit, it just unraveled”.

For new readers, that “glowing rod“ is nowhere near the Trans or TCase. And in most cases, is not the go to tool for normal routine maintenance. It is however, when paired with a “big a$$ nut” the perfect combo for removing stubborn rear brake components. Apparently, there were some issues with the rear wheel cylinder(s)/drums. So much so that it probably wouldn‘t roll down hill with a tail wind 🙃.

Anyway, all new parts arrived today and the prognosis from the surgeon is good. I’ll post up some more news later.

Just to be sure, the 2F is a glorified tractor engine, right?

View attachment 3332376
If Mud collectively holds their breath and crosses their fingers we should have good news soon…. Land Cruiser soon, so maybe?

If Mud collectively holds their breath and crosses their fingers

😳👈🍿

Funy thing is, lots of folks hold their breath around the “Mule”. I always thought it was a lost ”cutthroat“ from a fishing expedition in 2015.

This ones been a “ride”. Met a “Yoda Prophet”, made some new friends in Cali and shopped local. Heck, I even got invited to Michigan..😉

Thanks Young Warrior. It’ll be good to have that amalgamated excuse for a TLC back in stall #2. It’s not much to look at, all wrapped up in that black DP but, it’s mine…😎

Now, I’m gonna go bust a few (very few) clays this AM. You know, just to relieve a little stress…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom