What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went up north on a 1700 Km (1060 mls) round trip, enjoyed the purring and pulling straight six and some cool picnic spots together with my partner.
The previously installed D2XL leafs proved to be just right to carry the additional weight.
20230517_132623[1].jpg

Brake job. Just pads, turn rotors and bleed, but I hate doing brake work. Next year the front rotors are due for replacement so I need to start collecting parts for the Tundra big brake upgrade. Going to make a knuckle job out of it too because I'm a glutton for expensive punishment.

So I've been reading through this thread over in the 80 section and it's nice to see all the cool things that people have done to, and with their 80's. I did a search, but didn't find one in the 60 section, so I thought I would start one. If one already exists, I appologize!

So, what did you do with your 60 this weekend?

Me?

-Fixed the Tail light and fuel gauge wiring issues.
-greased the front driveshaft
-topped up the PS, coolant, brake and clutch reservoirs
-found the coolant leak, replaced a bad hose clamp.
-filled my veggie tank so I'm ready for the week!

Most pictures of this would be pretty boring, so instead I'll include one from a few weekends ago, when I spent about an hour and a half chipping 1/2" of ice off my truck. (We had pretty bad freezing rain)! Yes, that's a rock chipping hammer...

View attachment 850784
So I've been reading through this thread over in the 80 section and it's nice to see all the cool things that people have done to, and with their 80's. I did a search, but didn't find one in the 60 section, so I thought I would start one. If one already exists, I appologize!

So, what did you do with your 60 this weekend?

Me?

-Fixed the Tail light and fuel gauge wiring issues.
-greased the front driveshaft
-topped up the PS, coolant, brake and clutch reservoirs
-found the coolant leak, replaced a bad hose clamp.
-filled my veggie tank so I'm ready for the week!

Most pictures of this would be pretty boring, so instead I'll include one from a few weekends ago, when I spent about an hour and a half chipping 1/2" of ice off my truck. (We had pretty bad freezing rain)! Yes, that's a rock chipping hammer...

View attachment 850784
Changed the side panel and fuel pump gaskets (oil drips are maddening). I also changed both front motors mounts.

IMG_2209.jpeg

Yesterday was a day in the mud in the Red Hills region of south Alabama. Work related searching for stream access points for an upcoming canoe survey. Red Hills soils are either dry and dusty or wet and mucky. Mud cakes up on the tires and is slick yet with traction, usually. What I'm showing is the easy stuff. I had to drive through some deeper holes that left mud packed under the spring plates, bottom of the diff housings, and into the axle housing-spring perch interfaces. Last photo was at the top of a hill where I turned back. The road down hill degraded and transitioned into a different soil type. Note: no good winch anchors since this site has been logged.

68DF56D6-FC9A-40D2-A64D-40165F4DC057.JPG
0AD8F554-24CB-41FF-B6DD-6144E67C8E55.JPG
734A6CB5-354C-42BB-8810-E284008F986C.JPG
IMG_0008.jpg

Yesterday was a day in the mud in the Red Hills region of south Alabama. Work related searching for stream access points for an upcoming canoe survey. Red Hills soils are either dry and dusty or wet and mucky. Mud cakes up on the tires and is slick yet with traction, usually. What I'm showing is the easy stuff. I had to drive through some deeper holes that left mud packed under the spring plates, bottom of the diff housings, and into the axle housing-spring perch interfaces. Last photo was at the top of a hill where I turned back. The road down hill degraded and transitioned into a different soil type. Note: no good winch anchors since this site has been logged.

View attachment 3332124View attachment 3332125View attachment 3332126View attachment 3332127
There's soil like that, albeit not red, in Western Colorado and Utah. Scary stuff when you're on the side of a cliff.

Finally took the time to get my storage drawers mounted using the factory tie down bolt holes. I had been using straps temporarily. They take an m6 bolt.

IMG_4588.jpeg
IMG_4589.jpeg
IMG_4590.jpeg

@TRAIL TAILOR I'm sure its been asked before, but how much for a set of the side panel storage compartments? Didn't see on the website.
^^^ Yeah what he said and the tailgate storage and overhead storage are very nice. I was browsing your site and didn't see it. @TRAIL TAILOR

Last night I hand washed my rig including using the Ryobi Water Broom attached to pressure washer to clean my undercarriage. Would have been nicer if my POS power washer picked up the degreaser I added to its detergent bins. Today I did a spray wax and treated all my rubber door seals. Really like the Turtle Wax Wet Wax as a drying aid and the Hybrid as a spray wax. The stuff in the middle is great for treating seals, etc.

IMG_7728.jpg

Also laid down the Lloyd Mat cargo area to match my new front and passenger mats.

IMG_7712.jpg

Installed the new rear License Plate Assembly. So shiny :)

IMG_7705.jpg

Started to try to replace that rubber bumper around the rear hatch lock but the clip holding the cylinder wasn't moving easily. Rather than figuring it out I started looking into why my rear hatch will lock but not unlock from the power lock button on driver door. Swapped the relay and now my rear hatch is fully functional!!! It locks and unlocks.

IMG_7724.jpg

And finally I put a sticker on my newly powder coated air cleaner housing thanks to CityRacer.

IMG_7727.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom