What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (49 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rear bar on! Need to install my @turbo8 this upcoming weekend
IMG_8069.jpeg
IMG_8067.jpeg
IMG_8065.jpeg
IMG_8047.jpeg

I didn't get any further today, ran out of time to mess with it. I shall pickup where I left off in the morning.

sJtbqPy.jpg

A few months of updates to follow:

1. After 198,000 miles, finally replaced the radiator. Sucks because I had a deposit on the @turbo8 skid plates that I had to cancel to cover the cost of the new radiator. Next time...
20230417_165635.jpg

2. Changed my control center/navigation around up front. Added a data only SIM card to the Galaxy S10 that I leave in the rig and LeToya is now alive! Well, not actually, but kinda. I have my A7 lite pulling data from the S10. In addition, I have all of my bluetooth, wifi, and zigbee protocol network devices all tied to the S10, and I run AirMirror from my personal S22 to the S10, so assuming LeToya is in range of a cell tower, I can control and monitor every aspect of my "smart" car devices from anywhere in the world. This includes:
- ARB Linx: 21.5" light bar, 21.5" amber light bar, 50" light bar, rear light bar, compressor and rear airbags (BT)
- TigerExped Switch Panel: battery isolator, weboost, 12v fan, and my 3x rock lights (BT)
- Zigbee 3.0 Hub - temp sensor for car and one each for my cooler and freezer, shock sensor, door and window alarms, and more eventually (zigbee)
- Garmin InReach Mini 2.0 and Garmin Explore App (BT)
- Victron Smart Shunt (BT)
- Renogy DC Home App (BT)
- Stedi Rock Lights App (BT)
- and my two extra cameras (wifi)
20230523_113710.jpg

3. Added a 12v 27 liter electric cooler behind the arm rest and some quality stable cup holders (for those of you with kids, you understand the struggle).
20230523_113722.jpg

4. Made some big moves with my battery set-up. I went from a yellow top 55AH AGM starter battery and three 120 AH AGM house batteries (total of101kg) to a 120AH AGM starter battery and three Renogy 100AH LiFePO4 batteries (total of 66kg). HUGE difference in performance all around, lost 35kg's, and went from about 200AH (27+ 60 + 60 + 60) total of usable energy to 300AH (60 + 80 + 80 + 80).
20230520_132836.jpg

5. And my electrical cabinet is "mostly" done: Autoclima 3300 BTU air conditioner, Ective 2500 CSI 2500w @ 220v inverter with shore power battery charging, National Luna power block, TigerExped TEXU400 distribution block, my three Renogy batteries, Victron Smart Shunt, and REDARC battery isolator. I'm just waiting on my Cruiser Company Lift-up window to get here so that I can seal and then run my AC ducting through lift-up window as well as my shore power hook-up and a 12v fan. For now, I have a kit to run them through the drivers side 2nd row window.
20230523_111656.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't get any further today, ran out of time to mess with it. I shall pickup where I left off in the morning.

View attachment 3330109

Haha, you sure you dont need a hand? Or more importantly, emotional support??? Monday sure comes fast when the truck is disassembled lol.

A few months of updates to follow:

1. After 198,000 miles, finally replaced the radiator. Sucks because I had a deposit on the @turbo8 skid plates that I had to cancel to cover the cost of the new radiator. Next time...
View attachment 3330154

2. Changed my control center/navigation around up front. Added a data only SIM card to the Galaxy S10 that I leave in the rig and LeToya is now alive! Well, not actually, but kinda. I have my A7 lite pulling data from the S10. In addition, I have all of my bluetooth, wifi, and zigbee protocol network devices all tied to the S10, and I run AirMirror from my personal S22 to the S10, so assuming LeToya is in range of a cell tower, I can control and monitor every aspect of my "smart" car devices from anywhere in the world. This includes:
- ARB Linx: 21.5" light bar, 21.5" amber light bar, 50" light bar, rear light bar, compressor and rear airbags (BT)
- TigerExped Switch Panel: battery isolator, weboost, 12v fan, and my 3x rock lights (BT)
- Zigbee 3.0 Hub - temp sensor for car and one each for my cooler and freezer, shock sensor, door and window alarms, and more eventually (zigbee)
- Garmin InReach Mini 2.0 and Garmin Explore App (BT)
- Victron Smart Shunt (BT)
- Renogy DC Home App (BT)
- Stedi Rock Lights App (BT)
- and my two extra cameras (wifi)
View attachment 3330156

3. Added a 12v 27 liter electric cooler behind the arm rest and some quality stable cup holders (for those of you with kids, you understand the struggle).
View attachment 3330157

4. Made some big moves with my battery set-up. I went from a yellow top 55AH AGM starter battery and three 120 AH AGM house batteries (total of101kg) to a 120AH AGM starter battery and three Renogy 100AH LiFePO4 batteries (total of 66kg). HUGE difference in performance all around, lost 35kg's, and went from about 200AH (27+ 60 + 60 + 60) total of usable energy to 300AH (60 + 80 + 80 + 80).
View attachment 3330158

5. And my electrical cabinet is "mostly" done: Autoclima 3300 BTU air conditioner, Ective 2500 CSI 2500w @ 220v inverter with shore power battery charging, National Luna power block, TigerExped TEXU400 distribution block, my three Renogy batteries, Victron Smart Shunt, and REDARC battery isolator. I'm just waiting on my Cruiser Company Lift-up window to get here so that I can seal and then run my AC ducting through lift-up window as well as my shore power hook-up and a 12v fan. For now, I have a kit to run them through the drivers side 2nd row window.
View attachment 3330159
Wow please keep us posted on this one. I'm excited to see it all. I really want to see a deep dive into all the electrical stuff and what your plan is. How did you secure the 80/20 to the floor? Also, you said you are running a bunch of zigbee stuff, so does that mean you have a hub and is that running at all times?

Wow please keep us posted on this one. I'm excited to see it all. I really want to see a deep dive into all the electrical stuff and what your plan is. How did you secure the 80/20 to the floor? Also, you said you are running a bunch of zigbee stuff, so does that mean you have a hub and is that running at all times?
Thanks, I think I have enough on this one to start a build thread. There's a lot I had to work through just to get it to this point that I think would be beneficial to see so that there is perspective on the choices that I made. I'll try and do that tomorrow.

I am using the third row seat hooks to secure it to the floor. Nothing crazy, but it works.

The zigbee stuff is still in development, I am using an Aqara USB hub so that I can have it on 12v DC instead of AC.

Thanks, I think I have enough on this one to start a build thread. There's a lot I had to work through just to get it to this point that I think would be beneficial to see so that there is perspective on the choices that I made. I'll try and do that tomorrow.

I am using the third row seat hooks to secure it to the floor. Nothing crazy, but it works.

The zigbee stuff is still in development, I am using an Aqara USB hub so that I can have it on 12v DC instead of AC.
Nice yeah I'd like to see it. I have a pretty robust homekit setup at home and I always think about how I'd miss some automations on long camping trips, so i look forward to seeing the smart stuff too; aqara seems to be producing new stuff every day.

Well the morning started off great but then it quickly got awkward. The feet of the winch didn't line up with the holes in the winch tray on the bumper, at least not front to back. The measurements were correct but the holes were about 1/4" too far back in the tray. I got on the phone with the boys at Dissent this morning once they opened up on the west coast and we shared images and discussed options and ultimately I settled on elongating the holes forward so they ended up in more of an oval or pill shape. Once the holes were properly notched the winch went without issue, unfortunately this was after a three hour delay that included a stop at the local custom aluminum welding and fab shop and to Lowes for rotary bits.

If you elect to purchase the bracket for the winch solenoid box relocation for the ComeUp winch just be forewarned that it will seriously inhibit your ability to access all of the hardware on the back end of the passenger side. The nuts can be accessed to tighten them down and properly torque things but unless you have baby arms you will wreck your forearms in the process. I don't regret the bracket because it's a very clean solution but it did double if not triple my time in regards to tightening/torquing hardware on that side.

Things always take some coaxing and slight suggesting via a mallet and a solid shove when it comes to welded metal bits but we got it to all line up in the end. The full wrap bar is awesome and I am so glad that I convinced them to make it for me and waited the many extra months in order to get it. I think it really ties the bumper together and sets it apart from their other offerings for the 200. The added protection from animal strikes is a huge plus as well.

I vinyl wrapped the headlight washer covers myself and this was the first time I have ever messed with that material so we shall see how those hold up. The Factor55 Flatlink E that all of my builds get makes for a nice flush finish to the front end. The Baja Designs Squadron lights look great and should do a good job of illuminating the corners and edges of the road. The only thing left to do is applying some black paint on the white sheet metal in the front fender wells. All in all I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out and I look forward to getting the Dissent rear bumper at some point in the near future.

twa70ZJ.jpg

7uxXLKz.jpg

SZ3TPWT.jpg

UzeDmjS.jpg

pKMuL4t.jpg

Last edited:
Uno mas.

UMeaVPT.jpg

Well the morning started off great but then it quickly got awkward. The feet of the winch didn't line up with the holes in the winch tray on the bumper, at least not front to back. The measurements were correct but the holes were about 1/4" too far back in the tray. I got on the phone with the boys at Dissent this morning once they opened up on the west coast and we shared images and discussed options and ultimately I settled on elongating the holes forward so they ended up in more of an oval or pill shape. Once the holes were properly notched the winch went without issue, unfortunately this was after a three hour delay that included a stop at the local custom aluminum welding and fab shop and to Lowes for rotary bits.

If you elect to purchase the bracket for the winch solenoid box relocation for the ComeUp winch just be forewarned that it will seriously inhibit your ability to access all of the hardware on the back end of the passenger side. The nuts can be accessed to tighten them down and properly torque things but unless you have baby arms you will wreck your forearms in the process. I don't regret the bracket because it's a very clean solution but it did double if not triple my time in regards to tightening/torquing hardware on that side.

Things always take some coaxing and slight suggesting via a mallet and a solid shove when it comes to welded metal bits but we got it to all line up in the end. The full wrap bar is awesome and I am so glad that I convinced them to make it for me and waited the many extra months in order to get it. I think it really ties the bumper together and sets it apart from their other offerings for the 200. The added protection from animal strikes is a huge plus as well.

I vinyl wrapped the headlight washer covers myself and this was the first time I have ever messed with that material so we shall see how those hold up. The Factor55 Flatlink E that all of my builds get makes for a nice flush finish to the front end. The Baja Designs Squadron lights look great and should do a good job of illuminating the corners and edges of the road. The only thing left to do is applying some black paint on the white sheet metal in the front fender wells. All in all I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out and I look forward to getting the Dissent rear bumper at some point in the near future.

View attachment 3330812

View attachment 3330813

View attachment 3330814

View attachment 3330817

View attachment 3330818
Whoa I didn't realize Dessent made a bull bar one. That's siiiiiick.

Whoa I didn't realize Dessent made a bull bar one. That's siiiiiick.

They don’t for 200. You have to ask really nicely like Tex did. They do have great looking bullbars for 60/80/100 series.

They don’t for 200. You have to ask really nicely like Tex did. They do have great looking bullbars for 60/80/100 series.
Wow. Okay I might try that because I desperately want a bull bar, but I think the Dissent is by far the best looking bumper out for these rigs.

EDIT: I just sent them an email. I have a 2013 LX 570 so that adds more complexity to this, but I'd definitely leave my vehicle with them to be a tester for a bull bar version.

Last edited:

View attachment 3330812

View attachment 3330813

View attachment 3330814

View attachment 3330817

View attachment 3330818

Our next 200 will basically be this. Pearl white, terra, same bumper. Tires/ wheels, sliders 12.5 long range.

Beautiful 200

Our next 200 will basically be this. Pearl white, terra, same bumper. Tires/ wheels, sliders 12.5 long range.

Beautiful 200

Many thanks! It's coming together slowly but I am enjoying the process and liking what I see.

Wow. Okay I might try that because I desperately want a bull bar, but I think the Dissent is by far the best looking bumper out for these rigs.

EDIT: I just sent them an email. I have a 2013 LX 570 so that adds more complexity to this, but I'd definitely leave my vehicle with them to be a tester for a bull bar version.
I’m also interested and have the same body style. Maybe we could pull together a pseudo-group buy?

I suggest you guys border line harass them about it, that’s basically what it took for them to finally agree to do mine. I was told no three times before they relented. I have another buddy with an 09 LX that would be a buyer as well if they agreed to make one for the earlier 200.

I suggest you guys border line harass them about it, that’s basically what it took for them to finally agree to do mine. I was told no three times before they relented. I have another buddy with an 09 LX that would be a buyer as well if they agreed to make one for the earlier 200.
I’m also interested and have the same body style. Maybe we could pull together a pseudo-group buy?

Yeah they just emailed back and said no already. Let’s get together and make it happen!

Is your buddy on here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom