Is it possible to put ARB Sahara bumper on 1st gen Sequoia? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wonder why ARB insists that their Sahara bumper (part #3915060) for 1st gen Tundra is not compatible with Sequoia. I has always been under impression that these trucks are technically identical from the b-pillar forward. I tried to ask ARB but all they say is "we don't offer any bumpers for 1st gen Sequoia and that's that".

I remember people asking way back in the day when I worked at ARB this same thing. I think the grille/headlights were different from Tundra to Sequoia, but I don't recall exactly.

ARB staff only goes by the app guides these days and don't care to be flexible in finding a solution.

I remember people asking way back in the day when I worked at ARB this same thing. I think the grille/headlights were different from Tundra to Sequoia, but I don't recall exactly.

ARB staff only goes by the app guides these days and don't care to be flexible in finding a solution.

The bumper/grille is different between the two, but headlights I believe are the same. The Sequoia bumper has this middle section sticking up and the grille is shorter because of that, while Tundra's grille extends all the way down to the bumper which has no "bulge" in the middle. The little trim pieces under the headlights look a little different too.

Sequoia:

36559-2-2005-sequoia-toyota-suspension-lift-3-mayhem-riot-black-slightly-aggressive.jpg

Tundra:

2005_toyota_tundra_4_dr_sr5_v8_4wd_crew_cab_sb-pic-2928629395626748186-3152621075.jpeg

So you think it's just cosmetics, not attachment points incompatibility? I personally really don't see why these trucks should be significantly different underneath the plastic, but ARBs insistence it can't be done gives me a pause.

Found this old thread, with guys that have done it.

I can share my experiences if interested. The width is very close on the frames, and the mount allows the flexibility to bore the holes wider and mounts up with the factory bolts. Gen1 05 Tundra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom