What did you do to your pig today? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve posted these before….

039F3FAE-588E-4748-9E72-61403F158978.jpeg

I was going to go to this today:

Instead, I sat on the interstate for about an hour and half. Once we got moving I headed back home.

CDOT finally decided to update I-25, so there is a lot of construction going on. I got stopped in an area that was 2 lanes, no shoulder. The local police came through, so everyone moved over, then the state patrol, and then this guy came through on foot spotting for the fire department. FD got stopped about a 1/4 mile up when they couldn't fit between some semis.

I bet there were a few people having a pretty bad day today...

IMG_4252.JPG

IMG_4254.JPG

IMG_4259.JPG

What? That's it? No flavor?? We need to know all the issues you had. A small fire broke out, forgot to bleed them and drove anyway, lacerated a finger requiring stitches c'mon spill it!
Well I left out the part where I was holding the clutch MC so it wouldn’t fall and kink the line. I had to set down my 12 so I could free hand the last few threads.

Before I knew what was happening. an armadillo scurried up and made off with my 12mm combo!

I was going to call out to my cat when I saw I was about to have another issue, very soon!

I have trained my cat to dispense high octane aviation fuel into the Pig before my outings. He is very good this, like really good. The only problem is he sometimes forgets to put the gas cap back on.

I had just heard the clank of the cat racking the fuel nozzle when the armadillo made his move. Just as I was about to yell out, my cat sparked his Zippo and was about to light up a smoke. I have told him many times about the health risks of smoking. He knows it is a bad habit, but it helped him quit the catnip.

He basically traded one vice for another…

I saw the flame travel back from the Zippo to the fuel inlet on the Pig. I knew once the positive pressure in the tank stopped venting we were going out in a mushroom cloud.

I reached out with my foot, rolled my fire extinguisher back towards me, flipped it up, pulled the pin with my teeth, and squeezed the trigger.

The torch venting from the tank went out and I dropped the fire extinguisher. I pointed in the direction of the fleeing armadillo and bellowed, “Cat! 12mm!”

Like a bullet, my cat easily overtook the armadillo and wrestled my 12 from his claws.

He brought my wrench back to me and I finished the job.

I forgot about that part.

Last edited:
We went to Valley Hybrids swap meet in Stockton
Lot of Landcruiser stuff no 55 s stuff Good time

IMG_20230520_080919_6.jpg

348445780_1263872770898979_4269537936400667288_n.jpg

348575953_138284865910132_1744300141916639298_n.jpg

20230519_155921.jpg

Well I left out the part where I was holding the clutch MC so it wouldn’t fall and kink the line. I had to set down my 12 so I could free hand the last few threads.
Before I knew what was happening. an armadillo scurried up and made off with my 12mm combo!
I was going to call out to my cat when I saw I was about to have another issue, very soon!
I have trained my cat to dispense high octane aviation fuel into the Pig before my outings. He is very good this, like really good. The only problem is he sometimes forgets to put the gas cap back on.
I had just heard the clank of the cat racking the fuel nozzle when the armadillo made his move. Just as I was about to yell out, my cat sparked his Zippo and was about to light up a smoke. I have told him many times about the health risks of smoking. He knows it is a bad habit, but it helped him quit the catnip.
He basically traded one vice for another…
I saw the flame travel back from the Zippo to the fuel inlet on the Pig. I knew once the positive pressure in the tank stopped venting we were going out in a mushroom cloud.
I reached out with my foot, rolled my fire extinguisher back towards me, flipped it up, pulled the pin with my teeth, and pulled the trigger.
The torch venting from the tank went out and I dropped the fire extinguisher. I pointed in the direction of the fleeing armadillo and bellowed, “Cat! 12mm!”
Like a bullet, my cat easily overtook the armadillo and wrestled my 12 from his claws.
He brought my wrench back to me and I finished the job.

I forgot about that part.
Smoking cats are a scourge!!! Mine has syphillis too, and a neck tattoo! Thank god you made it thru. Plus, always have 2-3 12mm wrenches nearby

Changed the oil on my ‘69 pig and also changed both the pre and post fuel filters for my Sniper setup. That is the good. The not so good is the 100 micron pre-filter had a bunch of black coating flakes in it. The culprit is most likely from having my original gas tank repaired and coated by a radiator shop using the Gas Tank Renu process. That was done about two years ago. This is the second pre filter change. Is it OK to hope that the next time I change fuel filters that they will be clean?

IMG_5527.jpeg

IMG_5526.jpeg

I used the Renew Company for my M37 tank and never had a flaking problem? Hopefully it was some left over residue and it will clear up. I always had high opinions of the company. 🤷‍♂️

I used the Renew Company for my M37 tank and never had a flaking problem? Hopefully it was some left over residue and it will clear up. I always had high opinions of the company. 🤷‍♂️
OK it’s official…I will take Ron’s optimism and apply it. Residual flakes only and no more issues expected going forward. Plus I need to focus my energy on replacing my rear window gear before the PP!

Tackled the next item on my PP list = getting the tailgate window to work again. I spent a TON of time getting it right during the restomod of my 1969. I wanted everything to work including the safety switch and even learned how to adjust the rods that are attached to the star closures on the sides.I even removed material on a grinder from the felted side channel rubber I bought from SLOCruisers to alleviate the glass binding. Then it stopped working shortly after last years PP. I would hear a click but the window didn’t move. I assumed it was the plastic gear and I was going to replace it with one I got from Evan. Crawled into the back, removed the cover plate, awkwardly pried the clips while upside down, braced up the window with a stick, got the window down, then opened the tailgate, and removed the window regulator. Marked the arms with a pen to ensure location, clamped down the arms, opened the cover on the gear box…and the gear was still in one piece. There was a small crack in it just like there was when I went through the same procedure two years ago. Now I am scratching my head. I put the gear cover back on and bench tested the mechanism. Sure enough it works perfectly up and down. Head scratching time again. So I put it all back in with the tailgate down, hold in the safety switch, and the window tries to go but only with manual hand help will it go up or down. I had already checked the springs and they are in position. I sprayed the channels with silicone a couple times…more than it should need. It helped as now I only need to help a little to get the window up/down. I concluded the issue must be the glass is binding. Someone told me that the four bolts holding the regulator in place can be slightly adjusted so I will try that. They also said the side channels can be adjusted but I think mine are not? Any other ideas from the pig sty?

IMG_5539.jpeg

IMG_5538.jpeg

IMG_5541.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom