SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The valves turn fine thanks to the info. I got from this board. My 2018 LC was a very clean dealer demonstrator leftover which no one wanted. I got it Nov 2019 with 6300 mi. I immediately slathered it with red & tacky grease and fluid film. Early spring 2020 I got the entire truck treated with fluid film and do so every November. There's zero rust on my LC thanks to people like you posting on this board!!!

So open them 2 turns (I've heard it's 3 elsewhere on here) and wait a bit and
re-tighten just sitting level in the garage?
-or-
take it for a spin around the block and re-tighten?
I've gone a full 3 turns, but I've noticed the suspension tends to relax after 1 to 1.5 turns so I don't really think you need to go more than 2. After opening you need to wait like 3 seconds before closing. Seriously it's fast - if you had it up on a 2-post lift you'd see how quickly it settles, though if you have it on a lift you should put it on the ground before tightening the valves since the whole point is to reset the "neutral" position of your suspension.

In reality you probably don't need to turn them. As @TeCKis300 points out, if you were to load the truck down with gear you wouldn't open them to balance the suspension. And fluid can slowly move between chambers so it should ultimately equalize itself. Totally your call.

Thanks for the reply!
This is where I was leaning but the decision was based on fear and a "first do no harm" theory of life LOL. The 3/4 in lift on the rear isn't that much and I expect it to do as you say with load.

I've looked at the KDSS plumbing diagrams. But I'm a little confused. How can the 2 circuits equalize across the system with the valves closed? Do you mean each separate circuit will balance out? I guess I never figured out the scenarios when opening the KDSS valves is really necessary.

It's likely the system circuits are not totally sealed and lets some slow balancing specifically for changing loads. Some shops force lifts without opening KDSS at all and it sorts out in time.

Any ideas what this Delphi-branded 4-pin plug could be for? It was installed on the driver side kick panel beside the OBD port.

IMG_1221.jpeg

IMG_1222.jpeg

Trailer brake controller wiring harness possibly

I've looked at the KDSS plumbing diagrams. But I'm a little confused. How can the 2 circuits equalize across the system with the valves closed? Do you mean each separate circuit will balance out? I guess I never figured out the scenarios when opening the KDSS valves is really necessary.

The valve has internal provisions specifically for balancing small changes, though those can be locked out in certain conditions.

A set of Toyota wheels popped up near me. They are exactly the ones like in this BaT ad. However these have KO2 tires - 275/55/R20.

Would they fit without rubbing on a stock suspension?

A set of Toyota wheels popped up near me. They are exactly the ones like in this BaT ad. However these have KO2 tires - 275/55/R20.

Yeah that is a stock size, or was at some point. No problem there.

That looks like this part: PT533-34070

The above link shows it's the typical 5x150 lug pattern with 60mm offset. A 275/55R20 is just under 32" (half inch taller) and is 10mm thinner than the OEM tire. I can't imagine that wouldn't fit fine. But that's just an educated guess.

You won't find many examples of people running 20" wheels on LCs, so it will be difficult to find an apples to apples fitment. Lot's of guys run that size on LXs though, where contact points are similar, but not exactly the same.

All right, I’ve searched a couple of terms around warnings and bleeding AHC… and I don’t believe I found the answer I’m looking for. So without further ado, here is my stupid question of the day.

my Wescott spacer and preload kit is being installed at a shop today and I just got a notification from my Lexus app that I have a fault in my AHC suspension. I don’t believe that’s cause for concern. I assume if the system is disconnected for the front spacers, the error will get sent to the app. I just don’t think I’ve seen anyone mentione it before.

So, when bleeding the system or disconnecting the system, will the Lexus app send you a warning?

OR… did the shop do something egregious and catastrophic that I should be worried about?

All right, I’ve searched a couple of terms around warnings and bleeding AHC… and I don’t believe I found the answer I’m looking for. So without further ado, here is my stupid question of the day.

my Wescott spacer and preload kit is being installed at a shop today and I just got a notification from my Lexus app that I have a fault in my AHC suspension. I don’t believe that’s cause for concern. I assume if the system is disconnected for the front spacers, the error will get sent to the app. I just don’t think I’ve seen anyone mentione it before.

So, when bleeding the system or disconnecting the system, will the Lexus app send you a warning?

OR… did the shop do something egregious and catastrophic that I should be worried about?

Its over sadly 😣

Just kidding, it happens to a lot of folks. Its usually a soft code, i actually haven't seen it, but a battery disconnect should clear that right up.
Probably low fluid, or abnormal pressure code.

Just kidding, it happens to a lot of folks. Its usually a soft code, i actually haven't seen it, but a battery disconnect should clear that right up.
Probably low fluid, or abnormal pressure code.
Thanks @AnyMal I assume this was probably pretty common but I didn’t see anyone ever reference it.

Thanks @AnyMal I assume this was probably pretty common but I didn’t see anyone ever reference it.
I have that anymal guy blocked, so i have no idea what he said. However, in my opinion, they probably just ran the pump dry. I've helped 2 dudes swap out globes - one of those times was completed with no errors at all. And the other time we had to clear the pump error move on....

Hey man, just going to note to always get a second opinion on MUD!
That Radman guy is nice, a real nice guy honestly, but I have to disagree.
If they ran the pump dry, you have more problems to deal with. The codes you have are probably a soft code like I said.
Low fluid at the pump path, or abnormal pressure. A battery disconnect or even restarting the car can clear those up most times.

If the code is persistent, there is real damage potentially.

Anyone ever upgraded the 2nd row center console in an older 200 (mine is an 08) to have a storage compartment?
Saw this in @outlaw4shrt post yesterday and NEED this for my kids.

Capture.PNG

Dashboard… what is it made from and how are y’all treating it? I’m used to leather or junk dashboards so I’m not sure what to do with the dash on my ‘21 LC. I don’t want a greasy mess but I also don’t want it to be junk after a while.

Dashboard… what is it made from and how are y’all treating it? I’m used to leather or junk dashboards so I’m not sure what to do with the dash on my ‘21 LC. I don’t want a greasy mess but I also don’t want it to be junk after a while.
303 Protectant is my choice. Put it on wet, let soak for a few minutes, then buff off. Not shiny or slippery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom