For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

What're your guys' thoughts on newer ('16+) LC prices in the near future? There's a lot of buzz out there about used car prices in general finally starting to soften up.
I personally think that recent rate hikes may have an effect on more-expensive-than-average used vehicles (in this case, final refresh landcruisers). Wholly admitting my bias though as I'm soon in the market for one - although my preferred color combo doesn't appear to be for sale currently!
Also - this is my first post. Hello
Welcome! Where in MI are you?

What're your guys' thoughts on newer ('16+) LC prices in the near future? There's a lot of buzz out there about used car prices in general finally starting to soften up.
I personally think that recent rate hikes may have an effect on more-expensive-than-average used vehicles (in this case, final refresh landcruisers). Wholly admitting my bias though as I'm soon in the market for one - although my preferred color combo doesn't appear to be for sale currently!
Unless you want a Prado or LX, I believe the last of the 200 series LC (20 & 21 model years) will continue to demand a premium.

People keep saying the LC name is returning but it won't be in a 300 series variant outside of the LX600.

I believe prices on the other years will continue to slowly decline.

Unless you want a Prado or LX, I believe the last of the 200 series LC (20 & 21 model years) will continue to demand a premium.

People keep saying the LC name is returning but it won't be in a 300 series variant outside of the LX600.

The prices aren’t falling for the lc200 2019+.

Another BaT listing not selling. 2008, 125K miles, nice mods inc lift and bumper plus winch. Bid to $25K and did not meet minimum. JTMHY05J084001456. Had some surface rust though in my mind not that bad otherwise fairly clean. Thought this would have gotten bid up to $30K with reserve maybe optimistically high at $35K. Maybe market is softening a little bit here on the older and higher mileage as demand slows down.
This was on Marketplace for several months at around $35K. I am surprised it only went up to $25K as well. The fact that it spent its entire life in MA and NY with possibly 15 winters under its belt is a huge downside to me. The underside looks pretty good compared to others I have seen around here. The market is definitely softening. Now I just need to jump on the right one.

The prices appear to be dropping steadily, especially on the trade ins, however, those drops are not quick to pass to retail prices and dealers putting hefty inflated marks ups because LCs are rare. Some of the bid to amounts indicate the market is softening or maybe there are more educated buyers. Also, I noticed references to shill bidding in some recent posts, while a speculation, I google searched the topic to learn more and it was interesting to find articles with references to some popular bidding sites.

Welcome! Where in MI are you?
Bay county! Yourself? I've been lurking on the forum for some time now (you can see my join date). A few of us from Michigan on here, but not many. Land Cruisers just don't seem very popular around here. A guy in my neighborhood has a clean 62 tho.

May I ask why you consider 2020-21 "the last of the 200 series"? Would it not be '16 (or '18 if you count the powered gate)?

Anyway, I agree - the LC name may be returning but it won't be on a full size platform like we're used to. I think Toyota is going to try to compete with the Wrangler/Bronco soon, and the Land Cruiser name may be pulled in for that. Could turn out to be a cool rig, but not for me. I want a full size LC. Pure speculation on my part though.
The prices aren’t falling for the lc200 2019+.
Why do you use 2019 in particular?

May I ask why you consider 2020-21 "the last of the 200 series"?
Do you consider an 04/05 the last of the 100 series? Nope, everyone always wants the last two model years when getting the "end of a series". Especially the Heritage Editions, which were only available in 20 and 21.

@Evergreenist Awesome! I lived in Midland for a couple of years about a decade ago. We are on the west side near Ludington. We host a cruiser party every summer (this is year #6). Check the Lake Michigan clubhouse if you are interested in coming. We usually have about 15 trucks and 40-50 people.

Do you consider an 04/05 the last of the 100 series? Nope, everyone always wants the last two model years when getting the "end of a series". Especially the Heritage Editions, which were only available in 20 and 21.
I consider "the last of a generation" to be when the last big refresh was. For 80's, that's 1995-1997, 100's 2006-2007 had the horsepower bump, and 200's got the big refresh including the 8 speed in 2016. Point taken on the Heritage Editions though.
@Evergreenist Awesome! I lived in Midland for a couple of years about a decade ago. We are on the west side near Ludington. We host a cruiser party every summer (this is year #6). Check the Lake Michigan clubhouse if you are interested in coming. We usually have about 15 trucks and 40-50 people.
Ironically, a car show in my neck of the woods is happening on the same day that I may be at, but I will keep it in mind. The Drummond Island event in late June so far is available for me time wise - but that depends on me getting my 200 purchased and prepared in time for that. We'll see! Awesome, thanks for the info.

I planned to jump on this before I looked at the service records.

Originally a Florida car that ended up in PA. Seems like high flood risk. Could be a good deal for someone, but buyer beware.

11/22 service notes state:
ELECTRICAL CONCERN ~|~POWER SEATS INOP, R/R WINDOW INOP, PASSENGER SEAT FANWON'T SHUT OFF, TPMS LIGHT ON, D-SIDE SEAT HEATER WONT TURN OFF ~|~HOOKED UPSCAN TOOL AND SCANNED FOR CODES. NO CODES STORED. REMOVED KICK PANELS TOINSPECT WIRING. FOUND SOME CORROSION. CHECKED UNDER SEAT AND FOUNDCORROSION IN WIRING HARNESS THERE ALSO ~|~WOULD WANT TO START WITH REPLACINGWIRING HARNESS​

I planned to jump on this before I looked at the service records.

Originally a Florida car that ended up in PA. Seems like high flood risk. Could be a good deal for someone, but buyer beware.

11/22 service notes state:
ELECTRICAL CONCERN ~|~POWER SEATS INOP, R/R WINDOW INOP, PASSENGER SEAT FANWON'T SHUT OFF, TPMS LIGHT ON, D-SIDE SEAT HEATER WONT TURN OFF ~|~HOOKED UPSCAN TOOL AND SCANNED FOR CODES. NO CODES STORED. REMOVED KICK PANELS TOINSPECT WIRING. FOUND SOME CORROSION. CHECKED UNDER SEAT AND FOUNDCORROSION IN WIRING HARNESS THERE ALSO ~|~WOULD WANT TO START WITH REPLACINGWIRING HARNESS​
That's not a deal. You might be right with the flood guess or the windshield was replaced poorly and is leaking into the kick panel.

Hey there, need some help on a price. 2013 lx with appx 135k miles. One owner, totally clean frame (Texas), and entirely dealer maintained. All the service records look good except for a complaint of “bouncy ride” for which they replaced two of the “shocks”. Looks like never any device to the AHC which is likely the culprit. Dealer is asking 35.9. What’s a good price? Thanks.

Just wanted to put this out there, “Berge Auto” in Orem, UT has two 2019 lifted LC’s for sale one for $25,700 the other listed for $38,500…both of these are scam deals, he stole pictures from previous listings that sold, I know this because the one listed for $38,500 belongs to someone who just bought it on eBay(he’s in an another group). I know that most people would figure out it’s a scam but still wanted to put this out there as some people may get excited by finding a good deal and may overlook these simple things and put a deposit on a LC that really isn’t for sale.

This was on Marketplace for several months at around $35K. I am surprised it only went up to $25K as well. The fact that it spent its entire life in MA and NY with possibly 15 winters under its belt is a huge downside to me. The underside looks pretty good compared to others I have seen around here. The market is definitely softening. Now I just need to jump on the right one.
Back up on ebay w/ reserve at $35K. So pretty clear where minimum is on that.

1684722888748.png

Just wanted to put this out there, “Berge Auto” in Orem, UT has two 2019 lifted LC’s for sale one for $25,700 the other listed for $38,500…both of these are scam deals, he stole pictures from previous listings that sold, I know this because the one listed for $38,500 belongs to someone who just bought it on eBay(he’s in an another group). I know that most people would figure out it’s a scam but still wanted to put this out there as some people may get excited by finding a good deal and may overlook these simple things and put a deposit on a LC that really isn’t for sale.
Funny my buddy just sent me a link to one of these and I was like…that’s gotta be a scam right!?

Funny my buddy just sent me a link to one of these and I was like…that’s gotta be a scam right!?
Yep, it was quite easy for me to know it was a scam because those were previous LC’s I was following before I bought mine so when I saw those exact same pics it was quite obvious, plus the fact that the owner of one of them confirmed that he’s not selling his and that dealer is using pics of trucks for the ad…just wanted to let others know before they give any sort of money to that dealer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom