What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there a build thread for this? I was planning to go floor shift with a 4 speed swap, but now that this exists I am really considering it
For me personally it will be logged in my 40's build thread: Builds - Clifford is home again- a 1965 FJ40 FST - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/clifford-is-home-again-a-1965-fj40-fst.1094984/
There is info on this particular type of swap in this thread: tranny tech 403-thats 4 on the tree! - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/tranny-tech-403-thats-4-on-the-tree.134392/page-7#post-14550328
It follows the general 4 speed swap instructions that have been laid out by many mud members over time. Then deviates when it comes to the shifter setup and requires a modification of the transmission hump... or swapping in a fiberglass hump if I can get that to fruition.

Are Mules supposed to be stubborn?

32BFA556-9053-4312-8070-AA55BEB6913C.jpeg

Spotted a real nice rustic green with a new soft top today, not many FJ’s near Cohoes, NY. Of course I was in a hurry and had the 4Runner and not Dusty ( kids named it that). Had planned on driving the land cruiser but had other errands. Would’ve been cool to see it up close. I will need to be on the look out for it in the future.

Spotted a real nice rustic green with a new soft top today, not many FJ’s near Cohoes, NY. Of course I was in a hurry and had the 4Runner and not Dusty ( kids named it that). Had planned on driving the land cruiser but had other errands. Would’ve been cool to see it up close. I will need to be on the look out for it in the future.
Trying to tart this one up for sale to one of those ladies shopping gor "guy" cars. But I need to smooth out the ride because they don't want a "real" guy car, too rough for most.

Screenshot_20230521-110324_Gallery.jpg

I received my tool bag hold down and jack bracket parts from Heritage Cruiser @cwags12 on Friday, but I got busy rebuilding a porch this weekend. So, I got to the parking lot at work a little early this morning, and went ahead and bolted them in, about a 10 minute deal. Here's a picture and then I have a question:

UnderSeat.jpg

So I opened the MicroFiche up this morning to make sure I had oriented everything correctly, and it made me start wondering: for the 2 rubber band hold down pieces, has anyone turned them outwards so to speak? It seems like the MicroFiche indicates that they are turned towards 2 & 10 o'clock if it were a clock face:

1684759306717.png

It looks right the way it is, and I've seen pictures of it done that way many times. But you all know why I am asking, FJ40 perfection is a healthy ...... hobby? :D

Last edited:
We went out to my bros. farm to get the boat. Fortunately, I drove the 40 out to be the chase vehicle because I was the only one who had a jack and tools handy.
20230520_161825.jpg

Last edited:
We went out to my bros. farm to get the boat. Fortunately, I drove the 40 out to be the chase vehicle, because I was the only one who had a jack and tools handy. View attachment 3329375.
Looks like pretty close to the correct era tools to fix the trailer!

Got rid of the pure garbage plywood "cutting board" on the drop down table.

20230522_193509.jpg
20230522_193516.jpg
20230522_194155.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom