For Sale AZ 1964 FJ45 SWB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Year
I have installed the reproduction rear window extrusion (post the photo's per BAT) for the OEM split window glass as well as all the OEM functioning hardware. if anyone would like a photo of something specific, I can certainly provide them.

$48K

Last edited:
I just drank from the fire hose of your build thread, I had completely missed this one… you really walked a perfect line of originality, Toyotaness and driveability. The one early cruiser I’ve never had but always wanted was a 45, if I hadn’t gotten so in over my head with 20 series stuff this would be incredibly tempting. I know I’m going to spend the next week looking over and over these photos. Love the color too… drool

Have one question that may be hard to answer. How’s the DD40? I came across one last year and got it rebuilt but I haven’t decided which truck to put it in.

Last edited:
beautiful truck, great upgrades to a more easily driving rig. Good luck on BaT I've been considering putting one of my early swb on there but don't have the patience for most of the questions that come with it.

I just drank from the fire hose of your build thread, I had completely missed this one… you really walked a perfect line of originality, Toyotaness and driveability. The one early cruiser I’ve never had but always wanted was a 45, if I hadn’t gotten so in over my head with 20 series stuff this would be incredibly tempting. I know I’m going to spend the next week looking over and over these photos. Love the color too… drool

Have one question that may be hard to answer. How’s the DD40? I came across one last year and got it rebuilt but I haven’t decided which truck to put it in.

thanks, I've always kept them, not just Toyota, "Toyota Land Cruiser"

being able to install an Early Large Window (DD40) on the F.5 trumped any potential performance for me. If I had to speculate, the tractor engine's HP must have jumped from 105 to 106. It had to😂

thanks, I've always kept them, not just Toyota, "Toyota Land Cruiser"

being able to install an Early Large Window (DD40) on the F.5 trumped any potential performance for me. If I had to speculate, the tractor engine's HP must have jumped from 105 to 106. It had to😂
Figured that was probably the case 🤣 but I think yours is the first truck I’ve actually seen one installed on so I had to ask!

Figured that was probably the case 🤣 but I think yours is the first truck I’ve actually seen one installed on so I had to ask!
i can's say with certainty, but Jim C tuned the DD40 on a 2F post rebuild. When I installed the carb on the F.5, it was perfect for a break-in, slightly rich. after 1k on the truck, I would have it dialed in slightly

@scoobiedubes - C’mon Nathan… this will be a perfect match you LV!!!! There are a few key facts that you could tell your wife: 1. It’s completely done… no bad restoration shops to deal with and 2. It’s a BARGAIN…there’s no way you could duplicate this for the asking price.

(Ok, my justification is weak…)

GLWS.

thank you guys

my captivation with early Land Cruiser has proven difficult to walk away from.................................

thank you guys

my captivation with early Land Cruiser has proven difficult to walk away from.................................
I read through the build thread and really appreciate all the user friendly modifications you made!

So are you going to 1031 the proceeds from it into another early LC restoration?

1031, unfortunately isn't a pursuit. I'm just trying to live. the difficulty comes at the hands of 20+ years of chasing down leads and parts (mostly pre-flea bay etc.) only to sell my fortunes mostly to a new generation of enthusiasts who aren't appreciative of "old schoolers" and 60 year old vehicle woes.

this shouldn't be considered without appreciating the ones (new and old) who DO truly love these vehicles. I never entered into this engagement with any thought of "profiting" from my visions. some may see my asking price as a means of profiting. to those that might think this, i would suggest, donate your time and consciousness into restoring one of these vehicles to the extent that i have and then report back.

Mud has been VERY generous and kind to me, i have made many friends from what initiated as simple correspondence over Land Cruisers

I guarantee that anyone who has actually spent time in the garage, or paid a professional shop to have an old cruiser restored, knows that your asking price is very fair and quite frankly a bit low IMHO.

Thanks for building a machine that inspires us “garage junkies” to keep pushing forward with our own builds.

I sincerely hope this truck gets adopted to a Land Cruiser enthusiast.

1031, unfortunately isn't a pursuit. I'm just trying to live. the difficulty comes at the hands of 20+ years of chasing down leads and parts (mostly pre-flea bay etc.) only to sell my fortunes mostly to a new generation of enthusiasts who aren't appreciative of "old schoolers" and 60 year old vehicle woes.

this shouldn't be considered without appreciating the ones (new and old) who DO truly love these vehicles. I never entered into this engagement with any thought of "profiting" from my visions. some may see my asking price as a means of profiting. to those that might think this, i would suggest, donate your time and consciousness into restoring one of these vehicles to the extent that i have and then report back.

Mud has been VERY generous and kind to me, i have made many friends from what initiated as simple correspondence over Land Cruisers
Sean,

I completely understand and felt the same way about another hobby I was involved with.

The 1031 comment was said jokingly hoping you would take the proceeds and restore another early truck. As I and many others have enjoyed following along on your restoration. I think your price is below what it would take to reproduce this truck today.

I hope that someone who truly appreciates all the time, effort and resources used purchases your truck! Many people (myself included) underestimate and the amount of time, effort and money it takes to restore one of these early trucks using rare (aka expensive) components.

I hope someone here will see the value and purchase it before it goes to BAT! GLWS! Thank you again for taking us along for the ride.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom