Thermostat housing gasket availability, 16343-61010 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jmccandless

SILVER Star
Threads
I've got coolant weeping from behind the water outlet housing on my 87 2F.

But, I have been unable to find 16343-61010 in stock, most sites say 'Unavailable' (not discontinued).

Has any one had success w a generic replacement? I have Aisin FIPG, but assumed I'd used that in addition to the gasket. I did that for the pump gasket...

I've got coolant weeping from behind the water outlet housing on my 87 2F.

But, I have been unable to find 16343-61010 in stock, most sites say 'Unavailable' (not discontinued).

Has any one had success w a generic replacement? I have Aisin FIPG, but assumed I'd used that in addition to the gasket. I did that for the pump gasket...
16343-61020

Hello Mr.

@jmccandless

i have in the last week here , began to to offer up the most progressive and needed update to ALL Land Cruiser Thermostat Housings anything 1990- older F , F1.5 2F 3F Carb and 3FE
since the first day the 4bolt housing for showed it self back in
8/1980 that's
43 + years ago

-
the new 100% JAPAN-spec. JIS parts will include your needed Gasket if you decide that having mounting hardware that is more then tripple the ALL positive benefits in science and metallurgy for the years 2023

- my store description goes over the hard-core science based facts ..

C46900A5-510E-4E9E-A46B-44329E26BC4C_2048x.jpg

C9D28F9A-2FA3-46CF-9C5B-ADBE07624E08_2048x.jpg

DSCN0023_a608e662-c205-4ec5-8a81-070c6bbed6bf_2048x.jpg
CF3C6D25-BE29-4324-8C25-727034A3281F_1_2048x.jpg

6E979D58-4BE3-4C0B-899D-2E5B9D4268C8_2048x.jpg

9598D04E-15FB-49A6-A93F-7BD51711E948_2048x.jpg

9756E5F3-64AF-40DF-88F1-B84256393192_2048x.jpg

.​

Last edited:
Using Partsouq's schematic parts look up on my 87 vin....it shows the original part as ...010 but looks like superceded by ...020 Here's the image to verify we are talking about the t-stat housing to head gasket.

1634361020.jpg

Thanks all, I did see the -020 part number change. I though the openings looked different between the two, but maybe they are not as dissimilar as I thought.

Matt, thanks for the heads up on your hardware and the gasket offer, I will look on your site.

Cheers,

Thanks all, I did see the -020 part number change. I though the openings looked different between the two, but maybe they are not as dissimilar as I thought.

Matt, thanks for the heads up on your hardware and the gasket offer, I will look on your site.

Cheers,

your welcome , :)

in your unique case , i will be
adding the OEM TOYOTA block face gasket to your order of the 6 game changing modern metalurugy update hardware kit as a warm-welcoming-gesture for a first time client we show gratitude ....

kindly ,
matt

What? Did they run out of cardboard cereal boxes where you live?

View attachment 3327787

View attachment 3327789

i will be happy to mail you out some OEM Gaskets also , mr. pighead

- block- face early style

- oval 2 bolt style

no problem,

PM me please

happy to help ...:)

.you ALL know here how i feel about the use and ABUSE of using NON-OEM parts ......!

Especially that NEW Chairman MO KOPY-KAT Kompany who stamp Kellogs on all there cooling system parts !

this matter here weighs heavy on me , heavier then usual too ...:confused:

i will be happy to mail you out some OEM Gaskets also , mr. pighead

- block- face early style

- oval 2 bolt style

no problem,

PM me please

happy to help ...:)

.you ALL know here how i feel about the use and ABUSE of using NON-OEM parts ......!

Especially that NEW Chairman MO KOPY-KAT Kompany who stamp Kellogs on all there cooling system parts !

this matter here weighs heavy on me , heavier then usual too ...:confused:
Well, thank you very much for the kind offer Mr. toyotamatt. Perhaps save them gaskets for one who can fully appreciate them. Up here in the woods, we sorta appreciate self-sufficiency above originality of gaskets. And I'm not gonna open up my cooling system to replace a gasket if it's not leaking. Which it ain't.
I learned about making cereal box gaskets from my Dad and Grandad. Worked for them etc.
Not wanting to rain on your parade of course, i have some of your parts on my Pig.
I don't do concourse with my Pig, i do Rubithon. Form follows function.
I've had this Pig 38 years.
I got over the OEM only a long time ago.

I've been looking for one of those Clifford Valve covers forrrrr-evah!

Interesting Voltage Regulator, too. Penntex 4000 ?

Very nice!

Last edited:
Well, thank you very much for the kind offer Mr. toyotamatt. Perhaps save them gaskets for one who can fully appreciate them. Up here in the woods, we sorta appreciate self-sufficiency above originality of gaskets. And I'm not gonna open up my cooling system to replace a gasket if it's not leaking. Which it ain't.
I learned about making cereal box gaskets from my Dad and Grandad. Worked for them etc.
Not wanting to rain on your parade of course, i have some of your parts on my Pig.
I don't do concourse with my Pig, i do Rubithon. Form follows function.
I've had this Pig 38 years.
I got over the OEM only a long time ago.

Old school, Greg. 🤘🤘

I did consider the cereal box gasket route, but I'm off carbs ;) I learned that method working on old british motorcycles. Anyway, I will have the entire front apart (timing cover seal being done, too), so tracking down this stock part was likely the easiest part of the entire effort...:beer:

I've been looking for one of those Clifford Valve covers forrrrr-evah!

Interesting Voltage Regulator, too. Penntex 4000 ?

Very nice!
I found that valve cover at a PMC swap meet many years ago, paid 20 bucks for it. Pardion had one for sale a few months ago...
Yes, Penntex voltage regulator for the Hehr 120 amp. alternator
Thank you.

20230522_154523.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom