May Mini Run @ RauscH (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yesterday's route. We covered a bit of ground, but since it was just 3 of us in 2 rigs, we did a lot of scouting and walking to get better acquainted with the NE property.
Screenshot_20230514_090200[1].jpg

We met at 9am and the park was almost empty. Odd for such a beautiful day. All the cool kids have trailers.
20230513_091309[1].jpg

After sitting for several months doing nothing, then being used as a stump puller, it was nice to see it going off-road again.
20230513_091323[1].jpg

Avi's rig stretching it's legs.
20230513_100352[1].jpg
20230513_100733[1].jpg

In typical Andy fashion, we jumped right in with no warm up trails ... let's start with a red trail :oops:

This isn't so bad ... everything is fine.
20230513_101325[1].jpg

The pics never show how big obstacles really are.
20230513_101356[1].jpg

20230513_101429[1].jpg

20230513_101514[1].jpg

Over the rock and around the corner.
20230513_101524[1].jpg

It was a super casual day, showed up to very empty parking lot unloaded air down paid our subscription fee (anyone else feel this admission is getting a little expensive? $70 for the day $60 on top of that for the membership fee?)

While discussing where we wanted to go, Andy had mentioned the Northeast property, which I did not realize till that moment was now included in your entry fee, so I said why not let's go check it out. I had not been to the Northeast property since they first opened it and I didn't have good impressions of it back then but in keeping with tradition of giving everything a second chance like I did with AOAA we headed over and I actually am looking forward to exploring that side of the park again and doing some of the trails we scoped out.

I would like to go play and what they call the devil's den, it's a black blob on the map because it pretty much is a green trail into a black trail into a find your own way out of this rock garden hill climb. Andy found his way I found mine I'd like to try both once I get a winch cuz that would just be a nice cushion in case either or doesn't work out. There was a trail on the map marked BFG that's designated black but from what we were on it seemed more like a green until you got to Hill climb that was there that had a couple of bypasses that had one gnarly spot that probably might need a winch if you get into a little bit off the line you pick then I would also like to try the next time I'm there.

No damage was really suffered to either rig I have some sort of loose steering issue at the moment which I'm not overly concerned about I will raise the vehicle and do a nut and bolt check and see what I find loose. This presented it itself on one of the last trails we tried that was a little bit of a hill climb, the first line I took was a little rough in the truck started to bounce a lot and I heard a loud pang noise so I backed off and took a different line but definitely afterwards every now and then I would hear that pang noise again and I would either be fighting the steering or it would be fine.

I have attached the link to the Google drive of the pictures I took since it will probably overwhelm muds picture storage. Hope to get back out again soon!

It's scary how happy he is when he wants to do something stupid.
20230513_102335[1].jpg

HAHAHAHA ... NO
20230513_102351[1].jpg

I'm saying no ... Andy is telling him to send it.
20230513_102543[1].jpg

It's fine, this will be just fine.
Resized_20230513_102614[1].jpeg

... and he's down. I have no words ... missed the pic of him nose down because I was trying to pre dial 911 on my phone.
20230513_102900[1].jpg

Obviously all of this is a lie, but it will make a great story if I ever have grandkids.

We've had a lot of fun on the northeast property over the years. I find that I still don't feel familiar on that side of the highway. I remember a day when Andy was the first (and only) truck to make it up a hill and had to winch everyone else up. That was the day Vince's Lexus was spewing gas from the filler cap. Might have been wet that day I can't quite remember.
Then was the day Crusha will never forget! Had three rigs, Crusha in the supercharged 80, me in the 40, and the gadget Guy on his 80 with his sister riding shotgun. We were doing a black trail downhill when Crusha couldn't steer the 80 anymore. Turns out the lower control arm brackets had rusted so badly they broke off and his axles turned up in the back (pointing the pinion upward). The tie rod was bent and both wheels faced outward. We had a hell of a time pulling that 80 out through tight corners. I was pulling him with my winch at one point with my front end against a tree and when I was finished my front fender had a big kink in it! We got it out to a small clearing and then we drove out leaving the damaged 80 in the park. The AOAA people left him let it sit overnight (though they said they were in no way responsible for anything damaged or stolen!!!). and the next morning he and I went in and dragged it out and onto his trailer. At least it wasn't raining!!!!!
And somewhere in the area of trails 32 and 34 there is that steep drop that I remember seeing some scared drivers and passengers on!!!!!
Yes, Rausch is getting expensive, and I believe they are paying the price for it. AOAA is cheaper and Famous Reading Outdoors is a much better deal. When Paragon re-opens it should be very interesting!!!!

Last edited:
It's scary how happy he is when he wants to do something stupid.
View attachment 3322527

HAHAHAHA ... NO
View attachment 3322528

I'm saying no ... Andy is telling him to send it.
View attachment 3322530

It's fine, this will be just fine.
View attachment 3322531

... and he's down. I have no words ... missed the pic of him nose down because I was trying to pre dial 911 on my phone.
View attachment 3322532

Obviously all of this is a lie, but it will make a great story if I ever have grandkids.
Saw a guy in a yota truggy years back try and go up that ledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom