What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (60 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Orange-ish.

1684551835350.png

back in black

1684551858118.png

^^looks good! Did you get it clear coated as well?

Installed a TJM bumper this weekend. It was reasonably straightforward, and most of the issues I had came from the factory mounting plates on the front of the frame rails having been squished in an accident sometime in the past 21 years. The carfax report didn’t show any front end damage, but it wasn’t a real surprise. Some hammering and prying got them a little closer to square, and I managed to get all 6 bolts installed for each mounting bracket. The bolt on a stick bolts totally sucked, but I managed to get them where they belonged. The instructions were less than ideal, thankfully there were a couple of videos on YouTube that helped. Both headlight surrounds cracked during removal. In the end it came out ok, although a bit of an awkward gap shows between bumper and body on the top of the passenger side. It is what it is.

My blinker is now flashing at double speed, I guess the system doesn’t like the TJM LEDs. If I solder in a 5 ohm resistor will that get it working normally?

Overall happy with the look, I was going for something that would look like stock at a glance.

IMG_9399.jpeg

IMG_9397.jpeg

Last edited:
Installed a TJM bumper this weekend. It was reasonably straightforward, and most of the issues I had came from the factory mounting plates on the front of the frame rails having been squished in an accident sometime in the past 21 years. The carfax report didn’t show any front end damage, but it wasn’t a real surprise. Some hammering and prying got them a little closer to square, and I managed to get all 6 bolts installed for each mounting bracket. The bolt on a stick bolts totally sucked, but I managed to get them where they belonged. The instructions were less than ideal, thankfully there were a couple of videos on YouTube that helped. Both headlight surrounds cracked during removal. In the end it came out ok, although a bit of an awkward gap shows between bumper and body on the top of the passenger side. It is what it is.

My blinker is now flashing at double speed, I guess the system doesn’t like the TJM LEDs. If I solder in a 5 ohm resistor will that get it working normally?

Overall happy with the look, I was going for something that would look like stock at a glance.

View attachment 3328726

View attachment 3328727

Nice! I think these TJM T17 front bumpers look real clean on a 100/470.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom