Custom Big Sky Country Mudflaps - Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If you've been watching the "Buying, Selling, Trading" thread, you probably know that I've been looking for some of the old Big Sky Country mudflaps of the size that would actually fit a Land Cruiser.
mt flaps.jpg

I've called around to numerous shops and nobody seems to have them anymore. They do still have the 24 inch wide version, but that's not what I need. I did find some flaps on Etsy, but the quality/durability is questionable and the artist's interpretation of the shape of Montana is laughable.

I decided I'd get a quote on having some flaps custom made. These would be 12 inches wide by 18 inches tall, 1/4 inch thickness rubber, with the art hot stamped into the rubber. I got the quote and proof back from the manufacturer...

...and I'm pretty disappointed in the art proof.
Seth_Higbee_Montana_P1.jpg

The western border of Montana is NOT a series of straight lines. I'm getting frustrated with this and, unless there is some real interest in doing a group buy of these, I don't think I'm going to spend the time to resubmit artwork. Here's a breakdown of pricing based on the quote I got for the proof above.
Flap Pricing.JPG

They're a bit pricey and I'd hate to spend the money and not have the artwork right. So if you're interested, please post here. I'd say if we can get enough interest for 15 sets, I'm willing to spend the time to get the artwork right and make it happen. Less than 15 sets, I just don't think it's worth my time.

Cool! I’m in if art is revised as discussed above

i should be able to help you with the artwork. just let me know what file format and size limits ETC. Should be easy peasy i can even make stickers while im at it

If we can get the price to the 15 quantity price I’m in for a set.

Seth bring this up at the next club meeting, i’m sure you’ll drum up some more interest.

Thanks for putting in the effort.

i should be able to help you with the artwork. just let me know what file format and size limits ETC. Should be easy peasy i can even make stickers while im at it
I gave them pretty decent artwork and I can give them vector graphics or whatever they need. It just looks like they did their processing through MS Paint. I'll work with them some more, or find a different company, and see if I can get a better looking proof.

If we can get the price to the 15 quantity price I’m in for a set.

Seth bring this up at the next club meeting, i’m sure you’ll drum up some more interest.

Thanks for putting in the effort.
Yeah, at 15 it gets pretty reasonable. I think bringing it up at the meeting is a great idea!

I’d be in for 3-4 pairs. I’ve only got one pair left in my stash. But have two trucks that will need them soon. Sailors on a bumper for one of the GXs. Got a 4x4 innovation high clearance coming for the rehab Tacoma.
IMG_1306.jpeg

IMG_4728.jpeg

@Bowser Is the dimension of those 12" x 18"?

I'd be down if I wasn't so useless at fabricating a way to make them work with my aftermarket bumper on 100 series

I'd love a way to keep all the crap from getting chucked up into the bumper abyss as well as chipping paint from under the bumper. oh and the poor souls of the windshields who travel close behind me.

1686080407658.png

I think that puts us at about 9 sets right now. I'll bring it up at the next meeting and see if we can hit that 15 sets.

I’d be in for 3-4 pairs. I’ve only got one pair left in my stash. But have two trucks that will need them soon. Sailors on a bumper for one of the GXs. Got a 4x4 innovation high clearance coming for the rehab Tacoma.
View attachment 3327221
View attachment 3327222
BOWSER....Is this you man, Jon, over in Livingston? The Jon I knew about 5 yrs ago? Been trying to find you if it is you indeed. Danny over here in Cottonwood Canyon, Bozone. I'm looking for a wiper arm and windshield if you can help me out man. Would appreciate it a hell of a lot. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom