Builds 1967 Fj45LV Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went wheeling this weekend. I haven't been up the Rubicon trail in a while, somebody has been watering the rocks, they are bigger than i remember. Went to Loon lake for lunch.
Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 8.46.04 AM.png
IMG_6634.jpeg
IMG_6606.jpeg

The latch that locks when the door is closed to keep it shut broke about 3 miles in. So my girlfriend had to hold the door shut for a little till we got to Miller lake. Had to rip handles off of a grocery bag to tie it shut for the rest of the drive, worked out pretty good.

IMG_6603.jpeg

The wagon didn't come out to play last summer, so I never got to fixing broken door.
Finally took it apart last winter and discovered that the spring that holds the star shaped door latch thingi was broken. Amazingly Ace hardware had the correct spring to replace broken spring.
IMG_3637.jpeg

I also modified a early 1 barrel air cleaner to make it work with the 2 barrel carb that i have on the LV. Replacing the one that was on there which had been modified by Wardens Auto Repair years ago to allow room for dual circuit master cylinder on my 69 FJ40. Also giving it the correct looking air cleaner.

IMG_2809.jpeg
IMG_1292.jpeg
IMG_3079.jpeg
IMG_3432.jpeg

Obviously this isn't yer first rodeo! Holy Crap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom