Side mirror internal black housing replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi! Does anyone know if the internal black housing on the side mirrors is a replaceable part with the full mirror assembly? I’m not referring to the colored mirror cover but if you look around and behind the glass there is a black housing. It appears to be a separate piece but haven’t had any luck finding a part on the Toyota database for just this plastic housing. I don’t think the color matched mirror cover would include it

Mirror Cover Left - Toyota (87945-60050-A1)​

But I could be wrong. My black housing as describe above got damaged so looking to see if I can replace without ordering basically a whole new mirror which is very expensive.

Picture attached

6D3A01D5-E29B-43BB-B4E6-B64E66AC97BD.jpeg

Hi! Does anyone know if the internal black housing on the side mirrors is a replaceable part with the full mirror assembly? I’m not referring to the colored mirror cover but if you look around and behind the glass there is a black housing. It appears to be a separate piece but haven’t had any luck finding a part on the Toyota database for just this plastic housing. I don’t think the color matched mirror cover would include it

Mirror Cover Left - Toyota (87945-60050-A1)​

But I could be wrong. My black housing as describe above got damaged so looking to see if I can replace without ordering basically a whole new mirror which is very expensive.

Picture attached

View attachment 3004750
I’ve not seen the plastic part you need sold as a separate part. It’s odd because you can get the actuator assembly by itself which screws to the plastic part you need. FWIW, here is my mirror thread on replacing the actuator. Pics will show you how the mirror comes apart.

Appears the black section is only available with the whole mirror assembly, and you won’t like the price.

There are two part numbers for the left hand side depending on whether you have cross traffic detection.. I don’t know enough about 17s to know whether they came with that in the US. Note that these numbers seem to work from 2016+ Cruisers. Earlier rigs or LXs will have a different number.

Without cross traffic: 87940-60R50
With cross-traffic: 87940-60R80

I think you want the part on the top of the priority mail box:
1652144172024.jpeg

@kcjaz yea that looks like the correct piece. But that’s not available on it’s own right?

@kcjaz yea that looks like the correct piece. But that’s not available on it’s own right?
Don’t think so. Major bummer. A whole mirror is like $900. Maybe you can find a wreck at a junk yard and get a whole mirror.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom