What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (72 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lol I'm right there with you man. You were smart you removed your wheel I did the leather wrap with the wheel in the truck still. Felt like a human pretzel
Well that makes me feel better… for I spent the whole time cursing while trying to keep it held vertically, thinking it would be easier on the column.

Added Maxtrax MKII (Olive drab) to SLEE - Maxtrax Brackets.
Snapchat-350909069.jpg
Snapchat-1396258636.jpg

I was also curious about that coating. @TRAIL TAILOR, what product is it? Also, that's a nice rack, and I don't say that to just anyone. 🤣

Trail Tailor rack.

Monstaliner roll on. I moved on to the GENESIS product for my spray these days. Smaller and more uniform look.

Jason
TT

New TRAIL TAILOR product I'm about to release.

Removable step sliders with frame underwrap attachment (no more u-bolts)

Allows for a 3.5" drop for when its the daily driver and the wife and kids need a step to get in/out of the vehicle easier. (Happy wife... Happy life)

@bozncsurf

Jason

PXL_20230518_204412973.jpg
PXL_20230518_204433637.jpg
PXL_20230518_204446258.jpg

Only time for one thing this week. Traveling next week and letting my buddy drive the rig for a bit. Didn't want to do anything that might go sideways before then, so I replaced the antenna.

Easiest zero banana job ever. Didn't even require tools, just the help of my 17yo son to extend/retract it. And now it goes from at least twice as tall as previously when erect to clitoris when retracted.

Perfection!
20230518_172707.jpg

Past few weeks, but replaced brake master assembly, and added slee stainless lines with new bleeders and caps. New Strongarm struts for the hood, the old ones lasted 6 years so not really complaining. Got the windows tinted for better desert heat rejection, new floormats to replace the beat weathertechs, and finally installed the Wit's End fire extinguisher mounts with some accessories.
Brake Booster.jpg

Tint.jpg
DS.jpg
PS.jpg

Last edited:
Past few weeks, but replaced brake master assembly, and added slee stainless lines with new bleeders and caps. New Strongarm struts for the hood, the old ones alsted 6 years so not really complaining. Got the windows tinted for better desert heat rejection, new floormats to replace the beat weathertechs, and finally installed the Wit's End fire extinguisher mounts with some accessories.
View attachment 3326859
View attachment 3326860View attachment 3326861View attachment 3326862
Nice setup @JAntosch ! I’m assuming since you posted that WE 80 series brackets fit the 100 seats?

Also- can you tell me where you sourced the double element extinguisher mount?

I have the Cruiser Garage accessory mount on driver side, moves with the seat, pretty sweet but interested in WE setup for passenger side.

Nice setup @JAntosch ! I’m assuming since you posted that WE 80 series brackets fit the 100 seats?

Also- can you tell me where you sourced the double element extinguisher mount?

I have the Cruiser Garage accessory mount on driver side, moves with the seat, pretty sweet but interested in WE setup for passenger side.
@geo5 these brackets were from a limited run specific to the 100-series from a few years back and sat on the shelf for far too long before being installed. The element mount is actually two of the single mounts with one of the mounting points hacksawed off to conserve space. They are still quite robust and the elements have stayed in place despite a few accidental kicks, but I'll report back any issues after a few hundred miles of washboard.

Part deux of my de-glossing of the interior wood trim pieces in the LX. Today being a Friday and it's a little slow for work (I WFH) So I went out to the LX and popped all the window panels out and removed the switches and sanded the wood down w/ 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper. After that cleaned off the surface and masked the button openings. Shot it with some satin finish letting it gas in between coats. While that was going on, I took the opportunity to clean all the crevices of the button assembly. I'm sure there's years of dust and dead skin cells just sitting there (barf). After it thoroughly dried, I took it back to the LX and reinstalled.

Interesting thing I found. I installed the driver's side button and when I went to test the up and down of the other windows it doesn't work unless you have the other window buttons installed. Good to learn something new today.

Here it is. Now to figure out how I'm going to do the wood inlay in the door panel. I believe they're held on with those one way washers where you push it down and it's made in a way that you can't pull it off without destorying the plastic posts that the washers are locked onto. I may have to see if I can hand brush it on with it on the door panel. We shall see. Now with the sun out, it'll help the curing process as it slowly bakes in the LX

Sanded and masked.
1684524112944.png

Driver's window button panel installed.
1684524144232.png

Driver's rear passenger:
1684524169492.png

Passenger rear (I kind of messed up the clearcoat when pulling off the masking)
1684524220683.png

Passenger front:
1684524236933.png

Has anybody found a way to lower the seat height of the LX470? I have it all the way down, but still have a portion of my vision blocked by the top of the windshield. Normal driving isn't bad, but I have to stop far back from stop lights so I can see them.

Would a custom seat be an option?

Has anybody found a way to lower the seat height of the LX470? I have it all the way down, but still have a portion of my vision blocked by the top of the windshield. Normal driving isn't bad, but I have to stop far back from stop lights so I can see them.

Would a custom seat be an option?
Alternative thinking … open your sunroof … 😜

Nothing major, just routine. Oil change, transfer case oil change and front diff oil change. Also adjusted the parking brake. I’m Pretty sure she wasn’t doing a damn thing before. I’ll feel better on the boat ramp now that I’m not resting on the parking pawl 100%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom