What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Only got one thing done this week, but I'm super happy about it.

Super busy week with a ton of work and random errands just consuming all my free time. However, as I ran to a local hardware store I dont usually visit I noticed they had an add for cutting keys.

I bought a replacement key a month ago, and had programmed the remote, but couldn't find anyone to cut it. Everyone down to the only Toyota dealership on island refused, and it fell to the bottom of my to-do list.

So I took my uncut replacement and they cut it FOR FREE! Took it home and set to programming the chip. Yet again, like with programming the remote, it took some time and trying different methods before I landed on a post by @kevin2i in the key programming thread that worked.

Now I have a new primary key, and the clearly non-Toyota key and remote that came with the rig will stay here at the house as my backup.

It's the little things!

Yikes! Still waiting on mine to come in, but 3 hours?
mine has been sitting on the shelf because quite honestly not looking forward to putting it on :yuck:

Changed the oil a couple months ago and it had a noticeable fuel smell to it. No visible fuel in the oil, but it stank. I get ~10 MPG highway, which is worse than expected, even with the mods. The fuel smell and poor MPG got me thinking that it might be running rich and the vacuum lines needed replacing, so that’s what got done. I also replaced the fuel filter since it looked original.

E8FF7275-21A7-4A80-BE5C-DA0248FBA2A8.jpeg

F211747E-A014-40E3-9A71-2EBC87EE035B.jpeg

4700F362-4D04-4688-9AA0-8577E79880A3.jpeg

3FFAF244-3DF0-4208-BC8C-98DCBBE4C9D6.jpeg

Repaired my thumb too. Superglue for the win.

Was completing my annual factory roof rack touch up/reseal (gets hammered from camping/skiing seasons) dreaming of buying an aftermarket rack and noticed I have water pooling in both center rack mount/bases. I'm considering drilling drain holes in each pocket. Any better ideas on how to fix this?

IMG_2563.JPG

Added front mud flaps. Super easy. If you've got a 90* wrench/adapter everything is very reachable without removing anything. Ordered six screws, but needed 8. Found ones that worked in my bits and pieces box. Also trimmed out the bulge that covers the bulge over the pinch weld -- definitely affected the rigidity of the flap carving out the middle. We'll see how long it lasts. This time next year I might be posting about installing ARB/OWL/etc mudflaps lol

Finished polishing the OEM glass headlights I purchased used off eBay. They were supposed to be in very good condition but when I got them they had pits all over and it bothered me. Took a ton of time and probably only got them to 90-95% clear. If I could do it again I would just buy new. Also what is the best source for replacement LX headlight trim? Mine fell apart when removing.

IMG_9039.jpeg

IMG_9038.jpeg

IMG_9384.jpeg

IMG_9383.jpeg

Good Lord!
May be consider putting new brushes on that starter, and putting new injector seals while you are in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom