What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think my confusion would be around the connector you're splicing onto the new LED light wired. that would have to come from the existing running board lights, right?

Yeah once you cut your runningboard light connector, you use that male side and graft that onto the LED strip. If you put your runningboard back on later, which you wouldn't, you can just splice it back in.

Speaking of the devil

IMG_3350.jpeg

Removed runningboards and added a strip of LED light, it’s dimmable and is 60” long. Sliders should be here today then I can slap them on. The wetness you see is Fluid film, nothing is leaking, We're headed to OBX this weekend for some beach driving so i want to protect it from the salt first

View attachment 3325192

View attachment 3325193
This is sick! The 470 had the best running board lights IMO. They were weak sauce on the 570.

I hate to post this here, but does anyone who has replaced their factory skids lately want to sell their oil pan cover? My 13 came without one.

I posted a WTB last week, but crickets.

Parked the minivan the other way around in the driveway and the front to rear difference in fender gap that has been bothering me magically went away! Got out the measuring tape and figured out my driver's front is about an inch low. Measures 19.5" center of hub to fender DS and 20-3/8" PS (both sides have the AHC arm lift). I'm going to have to read up as I know I've seen this problem elsewhere on the forum. And probably give in and learn how to techstream.

Parked the minivan the other way around in the driveway and the front to rear difference in fender gap that has been bothering me magically went away! Got out the measuring tape and figured out my driver's front is about an inch low. Measures 19.5" center of hub to fender DS and 20-3/8" PS (both sides have the AHC arm lift). I'm going to have to read up as I know I've seen this problem elsewhere on the forum. And probably give in and learn how to techstream.

Common L.

Wouldn't be a cruiser without some cruiser lean :hillbilly:

On the plus side, I've heard you can disable the automatic steering wheel retract BS in techstream, so at least I'll have more than one use for the software :eek:

I've had my LC for about 2 months now. Here is what I've done so far (not all this week)...

Per usual, my first "mod" was installing a blendmount and mirror tap for the radar detector. The results are so clean. Blows my mind that people drive around with a cord running up their dash when this solution exists.
IMG_6637.jpg

BH3D cupholder installed. Holy crap what an upgrade. Works great for the basic bitch Stanley cup my wife got me.
IMG_6906.jpg

Changed the cabin air filter. By the looks of it the PO didn't do this very often (ever?). Replaced with the Bosch HEPA filter.
IMG_6489.jpg

Rigged up this phone mount using a phone holder from my last car, a Ram mount double socket arm, and a knock off ram mount clamp from Amazon. I really like the phone placement as it doesn't block anything and doesn't sit up too high or too low. I'll probably bolt it to the side of the center console at some point to get it off the parking brake, but this is working well for the time being.
IMG_6978.jpg

Swapped the PCV valve. For $6 and 5 minutes this is a no-brainer PM job.
IMG_6634.jpg

And finally, changed transfer case fluid this past weekend. Went with Redline MT-LV. The oil that came out wasn't bad enough to concern me but it was definitely overdue for a change. Planned on knocking out the diffs as well but ran out of daylight so that job is on the list for next weekend.

Much more to come as my limited free time permits.

Per usual, my first "mod" was installing a blendmount and mirror tap for the radar detector. The results are so clean. Blows my mind that people drive around with a cord running up their dash when this solution exists.
looks like you have a 16+, care to share the pinout colors for the ignition power and ground on the tap? i know it's easy to test but to save some of us a little bit of time

looks like you have a 16+, care to share the pinout colors for the ignition power and ground on the tap? i know it's easy to test but to save some of us a little bit of time

12.5 gal LRA tank installed and functioning. Thanks LRA and Micheal Goode and Goode's Off-Road. After purchasing a Carter pump I stuck with the packaged Facet Posi-Flow for now. Mounted on rubber vibration isolators so while you can hear it running inside the cabin, the sound is not annoying and lets you know its status.

Can’t find any solutions in search but maybe I missed it. The front passenger and rear AC in my 2016 LC is not cold. Blows fine but it’s like the AC isn’t on in those zones. Drivers side blows cold air without issue. (Recirc flap is broken but don’t think that would cause this to happen?)

Can’t find any solutions in search but maybe I missed it. The front passenger and rear AC in my 2016 LC is not cold. Blows fine but it’s like the AC isn’t on in those zones. Drivers side blows cold air without issue. (Recirc flap is broken but don’t think that would cause this to happen?)

Does it have enough Freon, low freon could cause that, i'd hook up manifold gauges and start there. Visit any gas station they'll be able to hook it up and see the pressure.

there is a TSB for 16+ but I can't find the link

this is the TSB for 17+ https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10176693-9999.pdf

I had this fixed on my 18, but only the rear was not blowing cold and very low air speed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom