Air intake pipe from factory airbox to GTurbo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Hi expert folks,

I'm still working on rebuilding my 1993 LC80VX 1HD-T.
I've just added a GTurbo green wheel and kept the factory air filter box.
As Turbo inlet diameter is bigger than the original CT26, my plan to just renew the factory rubber pipe down not work. I've read some guys warm it in boiling water to have it fitted, but I don't trust that method.

So I've decided to build a proper pipe with 3 parts from an online pipe retailer : One 45° elbow reduction + I alloy coupler + 1 90°.

I'm about to install it, but my concern is :

- airbox is linked to the chassis
- turbo is linked to the engine
As engine can slightly move separately from the chassis, is this pipe flexible enough to last and to avoid any damage around because of various kind on strained ?

Here are some photos :
IMG_0404 - Grande.jpeg
IMG_0413 - Grande.jpeg
IMG_0415 - Grande.jpeg

Thanks for your feedback.

I’d highly recommend finding a late model 1FZFE Airbox/Lid as they have a larger neck where it attaches on top, meaning better flow for very little cost and keeps things “factory”.

I’d highly recommend finding a late model 1FZFE Airbox/Lid as they have a larger neck where it attaches on top, meaning better flow for very little cost and keeps things “factory”.

Thanks for this advice !
What is the increase in diameter with the latest 1FZFE Lid compared to the 1HDT one ?

Don't have like exact measurements, but a picture tells a thousand words...

fzj80-air-cleaner-lid-004-jpg.1449845

With the right silicone joiners you can go directly from the lid down to the turbo without having to weld anything up.

Thanks a lot for this photo.
Part number seems to be 17705-66110 (found in Lexus range). It’s not available at usual overseas resellers. Is there another reference for the same part or a reliable source to get one ?

Cheers.

Not sure if they're still available new? Here in Aus you can easily find them second hand.... not sure how many are around in France?

There was a guy in England advertising an entire airbox and lid for 30 pounds a while back, maybe see if its still for sale?

2 3/4 to 3.5
just did this to my truck too

post up a 'wanted' add in the classified, a few fine mud members will offer up their overstock

@Obrokoff, Any reasons you made it out of stainless and not aluminium and weld it directly to the turbo housing? Would save the need for an additional hose/clamps?

Otherwise I like it

@Obrokoff, Any reasons you made it out of stainless and not aluminium and weld it directly to the turbo housing? Would save the need for an additional hose/clamps?

Otherwise I like it
I hate aluminium. it oxidizes and looks lousy, it's hard to paint. And I like shiny parts )

Hi expert folks,

I'm still working on rebuilding my 1993 LC80VX 1HD-T.
I've just added a GTurbo green wheel and kept the factory air filter box.
As Turbo inlet diameter is bigger than the original CT26, my plan to just renew the factory rubber pipe down not work. I've read some guys warm it in boiling water to have it fitted, but I don't trust that method.

So I've decided to build a proper pipe with 3 parts from an online pipe retailer : One 45° elbow reduction + I alloy coupler + 1 90°.

I'm about to install it, but my concern is :

- airbox is linked to the chassis
- turbo is linked to the engine
As engine can slightly move separately from the chassis, is this pipe flexible enough to last and to avoid any damage around because of various kind on strained ?

Here are some photos :
View attachment 3324585View attachment 3324586View attachment 3324587

Thanks for your feedback.
I used a silicone nozzle on one car, the air discharge squeezed it and blocked the flow in front of the turbine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom