Blue hub clutch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well hobby shop only had 10k then jumped to 30k so 10k it is.

I have said it before and I will say it again, if all you ever do is what @LongDuck says to do, you will be in a good spot :) and if @medtro gives you access to his treasure trove of parts... then you are golden.

That said, I also second the hub mod, even if all you do is the fluid swap. I went all the way up to 30k CST and it works really good.

Hobby Action in Chandler has all the different fluid weights. I'll be there most of the day racing (it's club racing day) if you want come say hi. I'll me running 2,000,000 CST in my RC car center differential :rofl:
I almost went with 30k but with all the reading with 10k and blue hub. Im still upgrading. And it seems 30k would be engaged a lot. Currently pretty much driving it daily. Need to fix some leaks on my gs300

or 10k mixes with 30k
Didn’t think of that. I usually try to keep most things on the k.i.s.s. Method and blanked on mixing fluids l.

mixing works well

See how it does this week. Hopefully. Lol

IMG_3280.jpeg

IMG_3279.jpeg

Well looks like it works well. Moves some air for sure. See how nap time goes tomorrow lol.

Update. Finally did my lunchtime nap stress test. Lol. Still cold a/c and ambient temp is 99* I think we’re good!

image.jpg

:cheers:

Well free rad cracked on the way in to work today. Shame. But still thankful. So the thick boy 94 style rad is actually cheaper then the thinner 97 style. So since the truck was working well with the older style one. I got a new oem 94 style at work. Still available at the local where house!! Score!

IMG_3468.jpeg

IMG_3469.jpeg

70803563527__6D78E977-6924-4442-95EF-30FC1EE471D8.jpeg

Looking through and noticed this post, where is everyone getting the silicon oil locally? or is everyone just ordering online? I'm working may way through the 50+ page post from years ago, and thus far they've only mentioned 10,000 cst for arizona, but some people in this thread are running significantly higher.

Any local r/c shop. I think I went to one in Gilbert. But I think there’s a couple options in Phoenix otherwise I would have just ordered online and ran 15k. But it works great so far.

Any local r/c shop. I think I went to one in Gilbert. But I think there’s a couple options in Phoenix otherwise I would have just ordered online and ran 15k. But it works great so far.
thank you, re-read this post and noticed someone mentioned action hobby in gilbert. Ran down there before closing to grab some oil. Picked up some 20k and 30k.

Looking through and noticed this post, where is everyone getting the silicon oil locally? or is everyone just ordering online? I'm working may way through the 50+ page post from years ago, and thus far they've only mentioned 10,000 cst for arizona, but some people in this thread are running significantly higher.
Amazon: for example: Amazon product ASIN B004J1MTZA
I run 25CST in blue hub clutches, which you can achieve by mixing your two fluids 50/50

2 bottles is more than you need for a blue hub clutch, though

Amazon: for example: Amazon product ASIN B004J1MTZA
I run 25CST in blue hub clutches, which you can achieve by mixing your two fluids 50/50

2 bottles is more than you need for a blue hub clutch, though

Thanks, I found a few bottles at action hobby in chandler. Picked up a 20k and 30k. From reading through a few more posts I think I'm going to go ahead and try the 30k.

it's working great in a blue hub clutch - but is likely too thick for a black hub clutch (have not tested anything in those beyond 15K thickness)

I won't give any temp numbers, because the combination with specific radiators also plays a role: the TYC radiator in our 80 runs cooler than the Koyo in our LX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom