What are you working on? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finished the wiring, finally....

Used an HDPE plastic sheet cut to size and bolted that to the back of the compressor mount. then mounted the BS fuse panel to that. Worked out really well I think

IMG_0784.JPG

Working on the 72. Managed to pull the engine and separate the tranny. It will get the engine out of Lynchburg Lemonade.

IMG_8728.jpeg

70570512248__119592D3-D670-46B8-8471-7784379854ED.jpeg

IMG_8742.jpeg

With the engine out the way I had plenty of room to install the FJ60 steering box mount.

IMG_8740.jpeg

No cool 40 stuff here but did do some things to the hundy this weekend. See post here

It does not look like much, but I picked up my engine today for my 69 Blazer. LS403 stroker

IMG_8777.jpeg

Drivetrain back in, ps box mounted and I worked on modifying a 78 steering column to a 72 firewall. Little bits at a time.

IMG_8794.jpeg

IMG_8793.jpeg

IMG_8792.jpeg

IMG_8791.jpeg

Any guesses?

IMG_8812.jpeg

Working on opening up the wallet for CV rebuild/replacements. Had Cardones on the mind but after falling in the rabbit hole tonight I'm convinced OEM is the only way to go.

Both outboard small boot ends are slinging a lot of grease. Currently deciding whether to go with the outboard axle rebuild kit or with completely new axles :bang:

Hoping more folks from the 757 will check in, you guys up in the 804 are currently having all the fun!

While changing all fluids on my 80 last week I had the transmission drain plug spin on me…think it was over-torqued in Ecuador years back when I had the solenoids replaced.

Dropped the pan and found a local machinist to help with new treads. Went up to an M12 1.5 pitch. 17 mm bolt. There was plenty of material left for this.

Reinstalled today and filled up. Took about 7 quarts once warmed up. Shifts very smooth.

Was really pleased to have very clean magnets and a clear screen.

Thanks for all the tips Rob. This was very easy, but still a first for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom