Oink Oink (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Parking brake day.
As expected was pretty messy.
New seals and spike nut from @cruiseroutfit, lots of clean up and rattle can work

IMG_2520.jpeg

IMG_2522.jpeg

IMG_2525.jpeg

What's anybody's thoughts on putting some silicone sealer on the output splines to keep oil from leaking? I've always done it, but really not sure if it's the right way or nut.

Absolutely. We use red FIPG on splines.

77's 55 charcoal filter on the driver side by brake booster, maybe 78's and later on the passenger side? If so looks like correct tubing size.. My 82 40 has the charcoal canister on the passenger fender... ?
My '78 40 has the charcoal can on the passenger side. (9/77 build date)

And final shots
Now to start getting the other things under there cleaned up.
Also picked up the birfield kit…for another day.
Heck as long as this took, the birfields will be a whole weekend.

View attachment 3283179

View attachment 3283180

View attachment 3283181
The first time you do the birfs, the first side takes longer. If you can dig in on the other side shortly after you will remember everything you learned. The second side does not take as long!

Having a good balanced driveshaft is important, like having Total cereal fortified with riboflavin for a good balanced breakfast.
Not sure I can recall the last time I saw the word "riboflavin" here in the Pig forum...

New rear cards for the cargo area.
Black vinyl and grey waxed canvas.
Not the best, but my first attempt at anything like this…I think they turned out OK.
Will add lashing points, rear light switch and USB panel once complete with fixing rear wheel wheels and rear seat latch.

IMG_2706.jpeg

IMG_2707.jpeg

IMG_2710.jpeg

Kick panels worked on this weekend.
Adding a small net to the passenger side for storage.
Working on something better for the driver side.
Also changed transmission and transfer case oil to 85-140, was 75-90. Much reduced gear noise now.

IMG_2845.jpeg

IMG_2847.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom