Wanted Redding/ 1997 FZJ80/ Front Axle Housing for OE Toyota Electric Locking differential (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,
I am in search of an axle housing for my 97 80 series. I have everything to plug into it and onto it but need a housing made to accept a differential with an OE Toyota electric locker. I don't want to mod my existing housing if I don't really have to. I have a few axles and differentials to trade if that would sweeten the deal. Thanks for looking.

I have a bare housing in Idaho. Just the housing. $150 plus actual shipping. Believe it or not they can go UPS. You do not want to modify your housing. I did that once years ago and it is nightmare welding in reinforcements and drilling and tapping for the extra studs.

I don't have any extra housings now.

I no longer have one. Using a gasket for the locked front axle as a pattern, a non-locking axle can be modified to accept and hold the locker itself. Toyota carries the gasket for 97LX450. Otherwise it is very difficult to find a locked housing.

Deathvalleypaul I would not recommend substituting a non locked housing for a locked housing under any circumstances. It is more than just cutting it out and adding the studs. You have to go in and brace the housing where you cut it out. It is not a fun or easy job.

Eric, I agree. It is a major pain in the a. I did it once before and would almost prefer to buy a new housing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom