Let’s see those 200s camping….. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i've had my ADGU set up for 2 yrs , so Richlite wasn't an option when i got mine. it's baltic birch. i carpeted mine with low nap indoor/outdoor carpet from Lowes, including both sides of the fold-over sleeping platform. it matches the seats pretty well. it's a great set up - the drawers and the sleeping platform

it's a conveniet way to crash with quick set up. yeah, you can't sit up, but it's simple to open the back with the key fob and sit on the drawers and pull on your pants and socks. my wife likes it a lot - she's getting to where she prefers hard sides to sleeping in a tent and this lets us go where our trailers can't go. we're also getting older and getting down a ladder from a RTT to pee at night isn't happening
Mind posting details of the process? I’m interesting in doing the same.

Curious if carpeting both sides of the sleeper panel causes any issues when folded up, since you’re adding extra thickness?

Camping a couple weeks ago

IMG-20230430-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20230430-WA0002.jpg

20230429_200230.jpg

How do you like the 490? We just put a deposit down on one yesterday.
It's a beast. Tons of space given the footprint. Wish it had better heat/air for off grid use. I'll probably change that out eventually.

It's a beast. Tons of space given the footprint. Wish it had better heat/air for off grid use. I'll probably change that out eventually.
I already have plans for a red arc manager 30 and a proper heater. The duct work and thermostat wiring should make for an easy swap.

The heater/ac and the stove seem to be the two biggest fails on the platform. With that said, they seem really easy to DIY work and are really kitted out.

I have finally come to the conclusion that if your going to pull a camper, no matter the size…you better be able to stand in it and get dressed properly.

Did you install a proper Anderson on your LX?

I already have plans for a red arc manager 30 and a proper heater. The duct work and thermostat wiring should make for an easy swap.

The heater/ac and the stove seem to be the two biggest fails on the platform. With that said, they seem really easy to DIY work and are really kitted out.

I have finally come to the conclusion that if your going to pull a camper, no matter the size…you better be able to stand in it and get dressed properly.

Did you install a proper Anderson on your LX?
I installed the anderson that came with it.

What stove replacements have you seen?

And yeah being able to stand up in it was a major consideration for me.

Me and @Artie have 490s. I'm selling mine as I got a smaller Turtleback that simply suits me better, but the 490s are sweet. Tons of mods at your disposal.

FWIW I never had an issue with the stove. Only challenge I really had was figuring out the cab heater as well as some challenges with the water heater, which I simply replaced.

Me and @Artie have 490s. I'm selling mine as I got a smaller Turtleback that simply suits me better, but the 490s are sweet. Tons of mods at your disposal.

FWIW I never had an issue with the stove. Only challenge I really had was figuring out the cab heater as well as some challenges with the water heater, which I simply replaced.
I was going to ask you about your 490 after seeing your Turtleback post. I look forward to seeing more of your adventures in it.

The new 490’s are so completely different from the South African builds that it’s hard to compare them anymore, unless you’re talking about the appearance.

Stove has worked 100% of the time, it just doesn't work very well. Takes an eternity to boil water even at sea level

I've thought about their Flyer Discover model a time or two so that I could carry the motorcycles as well. Great product in that price point. When they first came out the Flyer could be had for $17K.
I have put a ton of miles on my Flyer Pursue and have really enjoyed it. Just the right size and gives me everything I need. Has also been super reliable. The only real work is checking the tire pressures and greasing the bearings spring and fall.

Does everyone have a rear hatch light disabled or what does everyone do with drawer systems and camping/cooking? Seems like your battery would get killed eventually from leaving your hatch open for extended periods. Probably a dumb question.

Does everyone have a rear hatch light disabled or what does everyone do with drawer systems and camping/cooking? Seems like your battery would get killed eventually from leaving your hatch open for extended periods. Probably a dumb question.

The case for upgrading all bulbs to LEDs, larger group 31 primary battery, and adding hatch lights.

I often leave a couple sets of ambient lights on for hours. For 2-3 days without starting the car to recharge. Prioritizing low draw LEDs to make reserves go longer. I don't like bright lights anyways at night as they can ruin night vision.

1684171079933.png

The case for upgrading all bulbs to LEDs, larger group 31 primary battery, and adding hatch lights.

I often leave a couple sets of ambient lights on for hours. For 2-3 days without starting the car to recharge. Prioritizing low draw LEDs to make reserves go longer. I don't like bright lights anyways at night as they can ruin night vision.

View attachment 3323654
LED lights definitely on my list. Especially the ones that the guy from Australia makes for the Hatch.

Do you have info on your setup for that tow hitch setup and whats on it?

LED lights definitely on my list. Especially the ones that the guy from Australia makes for the Hatch.

Do you have info on your setup for that tow hitch setup and whats on it?

Sure

Sure

That's right that's right. I read that post. Impressive stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom