What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

try Georg (@orangefj45) of Valley Hybrids or Mark (@65swb45) of Marks Offroad

I had been fighting this leak for several years replacing the seal several times in the process. Installed the double seal and leak free for 6+ months and counting… 👍👍👍

(Fwiw… bought it from Georg)

Finally broke down and bought a new distributor from CityRacer. Moved the Pertronix over from the old distributor (perfect fit). Took me about an hour, but a trained mechanic could probably do it in 30min. The beast fired right up and I set the timing at 10deg to try for now. Seems to definitely have much more acceleration/pep. Didn’t really notice anything different at 50+ mph. There did seem to be a lot more play in the shaft on the old dizzy vs the new dizzy

something else to check off the to-do list before the trip to SAS later this summer.

Finished the interior rebuild. Used Herculiner throughout, new bucket seats and center console. Next to do: EFI on my 350 in it.

IMG_0384.JPEG

IMG_0387.JPEG

Awesome!

View attachment 3319268These are 70 series lights, I have a similar set on my 60 I got from @cruisercult and a set of factory amber fogs on my other 40!

I like the old school look on old school trucks and with low power, I can operate almost as DRL’s. I am sure people make fun of that due to the tuner crowd similarities, but I just don’t care!

I think the Baja Design LP series has a model with a low power mode for that purpose, huge fan of their products!!!
I hear ya....Im at a point in my life that I dont care if I am using LEDs that cater to the tuner crowds...This is my truck and I have owned many cars in my life...all were modified to a point (I only modify for functional benefit and one that is reversible) with inspiration....I love the FJ Company design and will most likely be doing some similar mods - all inspired by the FJ Company look.

Wanted to remove the driveshaft dust covers without tearing them up so I could clean out all the guck in there. Made some press plates out of 4” x 3/8” flat bar. A 1-3/4” hole saw was the perfect fit and they pressed right off un-damaged. Still fit tight when they went back on.
PressPlates1.jpg

PressPlates2.jpg

PressPlates3.jpg

PressPlates4.jpeg

Facts of life.
Even when TC’s and 4 speeds are completely rebuilt, they still seem to leak a bit🙄. Is it just me or is this part of the FJ40 allure😂?

Same here, as soon as you fix one, there will be another thing leaking. I replaced some parts several times, also the flanges, etc. Now all my gearboxes and diffs are fine, except one O-ring at the transmission case.
To change this one, I would need to remove the case. So I "scheduled" it for the next time, the transmissions need to be removed anyhow, like replacing the clutch or so. And almost no oil missing in between the checks, no drops on the floor. I guess, it's a very little leak during driving.
Otherwise my truck is "leak-free" AND there is enough oil everywhere :)

My mom and I bought a ‘76 after my dad passed away a year ago. Just something to keep at her house as an excuse to bring friends and family over to work on it. We spent the last several months working on the engine and suspension and took it out to Anna Maria for its first real drive today; drove good! A huge thanks to this community. I spent many nights on this site; been a huge help. Cheers!

IMG_4779.jpeg

B5B67751-92E2-4EEC-82FF-3424B1A82DE0.jpeg
Checked all fluids, added a new pair of sunvisors and drove to Petit Jean State Park for the Toyota Trucks of Arkansas get together. Parked in the middle of a row of 4Runners just to show off a bit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom