Classifieds Transactions: Red Flags (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am on a few other forums and see the same scam everywhere and they do indeed infiltrate through PMs. BenzWorld makes you have 10+ moderator verified posts before PM is allowed. Painful yes, but if you are committed to contributing to the community, it's only a minor short-term inconvenience.

I always liked the simplicity here, but maybe we all need to button up. Artificial Intelligence is making this even worse because the content can be automated. I just installed an extension called "fakespot" which scans amazon reviews for AI generated reviews; its insane how many there are. It could easily generate posts and content.
The best part about PMs? If they have NO post count, of if you think it's suspension in any way, then report them. Super simple. I can then run thru my admin tools and do my best to vet that they are a real member. There are some super obvious ones I can access on the Admin side.

From the FIRST post in this thread:
If you suspect these types of issues are happening, please REPORT the user/conversation/post and offer a brief description of your suspicions.. Using the forum Reporting system allow better tracking of problem users and can assist in finding patterns that can help block future scammer registrations entirely.
I get about one Report a month of a suspicious member.

Tell 'em you have a friend who can pick it up. He's on patrol at night, but he can swing by during the day. And see what they say. 👮‍♀️

So, I’ve been a member since the 1990s or 2000s. I’ve been out of Land Cruisers since 2009 and now I’m back. How many posts do I need to be able to post in the Classifieds section? My old post counts I guess has been reset with the new forum software?

Send a message to Woody.

They are actively on the forums. I got scammed today for some wheels. Kicking myself for being blind to some signs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom