Official LX570s Picture Thread (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Droopin’

84E418AD-5949-418C-A491-9020A16ED8BA.jpeg

View attachment 3321804
Rigs and Coffee in Plano today

I don’t mean to be a dick but they destroyed that truck. Nothing is good on it, except maybe the goose gear… Some of the most tasteless choices I’ve seen honestly, and Im coming up on my 6 years on MUD lol.

I don’t mean to be a dick but they destroyed that truck. Nothing is good on it, except maybe the goose gear… Some of the most tasteless choices I’ve seen honestly, and Im coming up on my 6 years on MUD lol.
Can you expand in your opinion here please? What didn't you like about it??

Can you expand in your opinion here please? What didn't you like about it??

They built it to do the race I get it and all, but just slapping s*** on all over a truck not suited for any of those things makes no sense. I don’t like any of it. from the goofy grey wheels on blue, to the extra ugly CBI products, that hideous dorkel that doesnt suit it, small tires, a rack that is several decades behind the body in design…
Dont want to forget the dumb lexus lettering either.

Parading it around as if its some show truck. Cmon now.
Compare that to the very well done dissent 600. I cant believe dissent skipped the redesigned 570. Id pro buy their whole fitout.

They built it to do the race I get it and all, but just slapping s*** on all over a truck not suited for any of those things makes no sense. I don’t like any of it. from the goofy grey wheels on blue, to the extra ugly CBI products, that hideous dorkel that doesnt suit it, small tires, a rack that is several decades behind the body in design…
Dont want to forget the dumb lexus lettering either.

Parading it around as if its some show truck. Cmon now.
Compare that to the very well done dissent 600. I cant believe dissent skipped the redesigned 570. Id pro buy their whole fitout.
I totally agree.

Tires are way too small if youre regearing anyway.

Yeah, I'm going to buy the whole outfit from dissent soon...can't wait! 😀

The Dissent 600 was right next to it, and looked much better. That being said, I liked the 570, with the exception of the snorkel. I think they could have fit bigger tires as well, but I could live with them.
23D4BF49-4850-438E-9F43-BD72715E16CB.jpeg

The Dissent 600 was right next to it, and looked much better. That being said, I liked the 570, with the exception of the snorkel. I think they could have fit bigger tires as well, but I could live with them.
View attachment 3322166

the rack is over the top and extra, but if i had a 600 id definitely let them do everything else.

If I recall, the intent was for the LX570 to get larger tires. Negotiation with Lexus constrained them to 33s.

I personally like the CBI front bumper and sliders. Not a fan of the snorkel or roof rack but I also don’t think those items look right on the 16-21 LX’s anyways. I also like the gray wheels on it. And I thought that build was done as an “overland” concept for Lexus that they didn’t want to lift or modify the fenders to keep it more stock-ish hence only going with 33’s?

I bet Lexus paid for the CBI design, forced them to predator it because brand identity, and had them include LEXUS badging to run this J201 campaign. Not something id pay money for personally. If you must have a bumper and winch, you got no other options though.

The sliders would be acceptable imo if not for the honeycomb mesh AND ricer finned sharp angles. Textbook over-designed. I cant pay thousands for this type of thing when the truck is almost perfect on its own. Not a popular opinion I guess, and its no Range Rover, but I really like both updated LC and LX. LX in particular with the right wheels and a little lift is fantastic. The HE has a vibe to it too, and if I weren’t such a city boy, would lean that way.

I wish dissent would just make a clean slider and non obtrusive front fairing to catch scrapes. I know I hate on L/T a lot but they nailed the 2016 LX 570 design inside and out. If you know me by now you know I dont say that just because its the one I own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom