The blue whale brings home a pig! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m sure there’s a good write up on here

Good day off today - 72 and sunny and not at work. Changed front and rear diff fluid with some tractor supply GL-5, trans and transfer with carquest 90wt GL-4, changed oil with Rotella, and then made a grocery store run. This thing looks pretty good underneath although I did notice a slight drip from a knuckle this morning. I made two stops today and learned that you have to plan for extra time because I got hung up talking to people at both places.

Also, I need to check the valve adjustment and I’m sure there’s a good write up on here. I have no problem fixing the coolant valley leak on my last 200, but I need some learnin on these old tractors
New video by Mike Hansen - https://photos.app.goo.gl/mmVh9gc5AaLT49B59
View attachment 3314753
Valve adjustment info:

Not much to report lately. Been driving the hell out of it which is a good thing. Got my side mirror glass replaced at a local shop for $20, went to the local cars and coffee this morning and then met one of my wife’s friends to play with the dogs at a local cemetery. About 80 miles round trip today.
IMG_1776.jpeg
IMG_2114.jpeg
IMG_2113.jpeg

Valve adjustment and spark plugs today. I pulled the plugs, put it in 4th gear and rolled it until I found the BB on the flywheel and marked it with paint. I couldn’t find the line on the flywheel for the life of me. I even enlisted the neighbor who was an auto mechanics teacher for 45 years. Then I figured out that the rotor was pointing between 1 and 5 so I rolled it back until it lined up on 1 which was about 1/2” from the BB. 1,2,3,5,7,9 were loose so I adjusted them, then rolled it 180 degrees and adjusted the other 6. It seems to be happy.

Anyone know what the ZB11 trim code means?
IMG_2561.jpeg

Back window quit working the other day. Had power to it so I figured it was the gear. I ordered the 3d printed one but thought I’d give fixing this one a shot while I waited. It worked for a while but then spread apart again just enough to bind up. Worth a try anyway!
IMG_2632.jpeg
IMG_2640.jpeg
IMG_2641.jpeg
IMG_2642.jpeg

It held together, but the crack still opened up just enough to bind the gear up with the weight of the window on it. In hindsight, I probably should have hit it with some super glue to hold it together better. I couldn’t find a brass gear anywhere. SOR doesn’t have them listed anymore, but forum member @fj55-100 sells 3d ones here fj55 rear window gear by fj55_100 on Shapeways - https://www.shapeways.com/product/DW94JGYWN/fj55-rear-window-gear?optionId=204168312&li=marketplace
Yea...that was a good idea! Did it fail the same way or in a different manner?

Brass gear time?

Also need a week point that wont damage other components 🤔😉
Exactly. I think it also acts as a bit of a cushion for the whole system. At least it does until it fails. But hey, most of the original gears probably lasted 20+ years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom