Should I Hold Out for 06-07? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maintenance records are definitely the key. How about my 2003 from a single owner and the carfax maintenance record was like three pages long
Yep, i feel you. The PO did 12,000 worth of maint and parts replacement before selling it lol. Saved me a tonnn of time and effort

Been an 06’ LX owner for about 6 months now, virtually no rust, did have some issues that got worked out, but I drive the thing to work everyday (1 hour commute) through hilly country roads and 80mph plus on the freeway…I f$&@ing love it. That said, I wish I didn’t have to deal with eventually replacing the AHC with traditional suspension, cool feature I suppose, but I’ve not used it once.

I dont have AHC on my 07 LC but i wish i did. lol. Its really not as big a issue as people make it out to be. Service it and get the pressures right and apparently it's the smoothest ride you'll ever have.

Plus no need to pay a big fortune to have cam seals replaced.

Buy a '03-'05 and no crying needed :)
? I had the cam seals on my 03 GX replaced when i i did the timing belt job and it didnt add that much to my bill.

06-07 is the superior race :) i did buy once and cried in smiles per gallon on the way home.
cept your whole efi fuse thing.
An issue isolated to 06-07?

I dont have AHC on my 07 LC but i wish i did. lol. Its really not as big a issue as people make it out to be. Service it and get the pressures right and apparently it's the smoothest ride you'll ever have.
The smoothnesses of the AHC is the only reason I gave up my insistence on a solid axle front end. I wanted to build a rugged 60-series but they were all rusted out or stupidly priced. On a whim I test drove an ‘05 LX470 and instantly fell in love. Slowly building my overlanding right on this thing because Hospital stays have eaten into my build budget, but we’re moving forward and not looking back.

You knew you’d offend some 06 owner? Do you even understand the definition of offend? What in my response lead you to believe I was offended?
A bit of sarcasm there. Nothing you said. It's the fact you felt compelled to say something after I posted, I didn't want to argue those points. :)

...That said, I wish I didn’t have to deal with eventually replacing the AHC with traditional suspension, cool feature I suppose, but I’ve not used it once.

You're leaving performance on the table. I flip the AHC mode knob on a daily basis. "Comfort" on surface roads to soak up the potholes, "sport" on the twisties, and middle for the interstate.

More power, another gear, better dash layout/modern feeling interior. Traction control and more airbags = a big deal.

My 99 gets me where I'm going but the newer ones are a better driving experience. For the money the 06 and 07s go for I would buy a 200. The power train is a massive leap forward.

Wow, thanks again for all of the replies. I THINK I found my LC. 2003 with 168k miles. Single owner, impeccable maintenance records, lived in a southern state its whole life. I’m putting a deposit down later this morning. Assuming it comes to fruition I’ll post an update for the group.

You
You're leaving performance on the table. I flip the AHC mode knob on a daily basis. "Comfort" on surface roads to soak up the potholes, "sport" on the twisties, and middle for the interstat actually notice a difference? I swear I flipped from comfort to sport one day
You're leaving performance on the table. I flip the AHC mode knob on a daily basis. "Comfort" on surface roads to soak up the potholes, "sport" on the twisties, and middle for the interstate.
You actually notice a difference? I swear I flipped through the different modes when I first got it and nothing felt obviously different to me. Now I’m curious haha

You

You actually notice a difference? I swear I flipped through the different modes when I first got it and nothing felt obviously different to me. Now I’m curious haha
The difference is huge. I use it just like @Zjohnsonua does.

You

There is a big difference between modes when the system is properly maintained and working properly. I love AHC. It’s a shame folks rip it out when sometimes it’s just a minor problem.

If your reasons for getting the 06-07 are the same reasons you'd want a 200-series, then you should get a 200-series. They're a much better deal on the used car market IMO.

Dunno, the cheapest 200s I saw were more like in the 30k range, and then didn't have as good of a service history.

Also, fugliness.

Fusebox is the same for 2003-2007 models. I haven't read many EFI fuse issue for 2003-2005 models. Many with EFI fuse issue are 1998-2002 owners.
Definitely two different part numbers. Maybe backward compatible, but I wouldn't trust forward.

Dunno, the cheapest 200s I saw were more like in the 30k range, and then didn't have as good of a service history.

Also, fugliness.

To each their own. My 570 or a 100... not really a contest for me. Came as shown for less than many 06-07 100s. Just gotta shop, have the cash, and be ready to move on a deal in a hurry.

1683931465858.png

You

Huge difference. Sport is borderline uncomfortable in the city as it is so firm, but the body is so controlled in corners that tires become the limit (damn the driving nannies). Comfort is like a late 70s Caddy...very soft and floaty.

I went through the same dilemma 4 years ago. Had an ‘05 HDJ100 (LC) and an ‘11 VDJ200 and both are just slow accelerating (diesel) so I wanted something quicker, now I’m back to a VVTi 100 (LX). The 200 has better tech, but wherever the 200 can go, the 100 can go as well (same capability). Comfort-wise, the seats of the 100 are waaaay plush than the 200, no lower back pains on a 100, 200 yes at least that was my experience. So my analogy is choosing between a non-VVTi to a VVTi 2UZFE 100 series, both can go anywhere it’s just up to you if you want it quicker. I’d say if you have the opportunity to test drive both, do that. But if I would buy a second 100 here in the US, it will still be a 100 and a VVTi (must be rust-free), just more fun driving it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom