2024 GX wait list (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m as intrigued and exited as everyone else.
When do the mods add a GX 550 / Prado 180 tab?
Yes please, so the 300 coming to US thread can finally die off. Why no new section? Only going to muck this one up next. @GXO @Jacket @TX GX460 ???

I’m as intrigued and exited as everyone else.
When do the mods add a GX 550 / Prado 180 tab?
when things are real :)

Taco's and Tundras with coil rear's? WOW the off road community will be loving that!

I think we need to remember the distinction between a platform and them sharing identical chassis. To me, that means that while the architecture (basic geometry, mechanical design, etc.) can be the same/similar, but the actual parts themselves might not be the same. Toyota makes things on a large enough scale that making small changes to the platform is worthwhile. So not all the parts will share, it might not even be the same type of part (leaf v coil) but a lot of the stuff is similar.
That’s why I stated speculation.

We’ll that’s interesting. TFL just released their overview of the new Tacoma (maybe before embargo?)

4 tunes at different power levels of the same 2.4 liter turbo 4 cylinder. The most powerful being a hybrid.

My new guess is the 4Runner will have the same turbo 4 and the Prado / GX will get the V6 turbo from the tundra.

We’ll that’s interesting. TFL just released their overview of the new Tacoma (maybe before embargo?)

4 tunes at different power levels of the same 2.4 liter turbo 4 cylinder. The most powerful being a hybrid.

My new guess is the 4Runner will have the same turbo 4 and the Prado / GX will get the V6 turbo from the tundra.

Uh… I thought it was being unveiled tomorrow? Oops

IMG_1028.jpeg
IMG_1029.jpeg

Somebody broke the embargo and the floodgates opened, so Toyota jumped on it. IIRC, something similar happened with Toyota in the past (Tundra maybe?).

As for the Taco itself... Seems promising as long as it doesn't have the pitfalls the new Tundra appears to have (build quality, ride, overweight to the point that the extra power it has in hybrid form is negated by mass).

The TRD Pro looks solid, especially with the electronically disconnectable front sway bar. Not sure about those seats though, they probably help a bit off-road but at the expense of the already marginal rear legroom. Trailhunter is more my speed, stoked to see on-board-air and high clearance exhaust standard. Can't expect it to be cheap but neat stuff from the factory.

I am interested to see if those Trail Hunter wheels fit the GX. Not positive they would look good with GX styling but I sure like them.

trailhunter_wheels.JPG

Reactions: r2m
The color on that TrailHunter looks pretty darn similar to the Cypress Pearl on my GX. Not a bad thing given that it's an awesome color! It seems like Toyota is going with the same 6-lug bolt pattern everywhere, so I bet the wheels will fit a GX.

Nice to see Toyota offering a factory-built rig that is very close to something any of us would (and have built) with aftermarket parts. That being said, I still don't really don't like the styling of the truck (especially the protruding "chin" below the grille), but I'm sure it's great and fun to drive with the turbo 4 and hybrid assist.

Last edited:
The TRD Pro looks solid, especially with the electronically disconnectable front sway bar. Not sure about those seats though, they probably help a bit off-road but at the expense of the already marginal rear legroom. Trailhunter is more my speed, stoked to see on-board-air and high clearance exhaust standard. Can't expect it to be cheap but neat stuff from the factory.

I'm interested to sit in those seats, but they do like they are going to make the TRD Pro a no-go for anyone with kids or rear passengers.

Another cool thing I wasn't expecting is that fulltime AWD is available on the Limited. Feel like it's a given that the new GX will still be fulltime AWD, but after what they did with the Sequoia, I was wondering if they were going to get rid of the fulltime AWD availability for 4Runner. Now I'm thinking it will still be an option.

I fear the Pro will have a sticker well into the $60’s, makes it less than ideal for the cost.

I fear the Pro will have a sticker well into the $60’s, makes it less than ideal for the cost.
My thoughts exactly.

Current one starts at $48k, I cant see them bumpoing the base price that much, but I bet one with all the options checked will be $60k ish.

Current one starts at $48k, I cant see them bumpoing the base price that much, but I bet one with all the options checked will be $60k ish.
You need to consider the GX will now be aligned with the LC (whatever they call it) in the states now, not loosely on the 4R. I bet it breaks 6 figures fully loaded or damn near it.

Almost expecting the TRD Pro and Trailhunter to have the same MSRP. Kind of like Gladiator Rubicon and Mojave. Guessing... $59,995.

Hopefully that means the TRD Off-Road stays below the $50k mark.
Current TRD Off Road starts at $36k, low 40's for a decently spec'd one. That would be a hell of a price increase

$60-70K is the going rate for a off-road package Bronco, Jeep, and even TRD Pro 4Runner with dealer markup. It'd be very much competitive with other off-road focused options.

But....per my previous comments.....too damn expensive to actually take off road :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom