TorFab: FJ62 LED Headlight Kit and Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It took me awhile to find this info through the search button so I thought I would repost it here. Aiming the headlights after install.

To sum it up....
1. Find a wall with a flat level run of 30'
2. Pull up to the wall within 12" on low beam.
3. mark with tape on the wall center of each light and the top of the low beam cutoff
4. Back up 25ft
5. Aim lights so center (side to side) is still lined up, but cutoff (up and down) is 3" lower
6. Done

IMG_3988.jpg

Chrome Housing option

For those wanting the all 4 headlights on we have a solution with our current kit.

Plug and play option: Now currently available with each kit ordered. We also have these available to order separately if you want to modify your existing LED's.

Torfab.com FJ62 LED Headlights

View attachment 3290700
Chrome Housing option

For those wanting the all 4 headlights on we have a solution with our current kit.

Plug and play option: Now currently available with each kit ordered. We also have these available to order separately if you want to modify your existing LED's.

Torfab.com FJ62 LED Headlights
After doing a fair amount of searching I went with the Torfab kit as well. Great value and fairly idiot-proof :)

85579B85-07A9-4E48-BED4-BB8C06A50DBF.jpeg

FJ62 Headlight kit in Chrome. Nice to get post install photos from people.

If you already have other LED headlights and want the "All 4 headlights on low beams" we now have that set-up on the website as an option.

Working on dialing in a kit for the 40/60's and will share that as a separate thread.

IMG_5019.jpg

I would love to upgrade my lights on the 62, but I am worried about the performance when it's nuking snow in Colorado and the headlights getting blocked. Anyone have experience? What would be awesome is if the load resistor for making the high beam dash light work was instead a heating element on the lens!

@NookShneer Thanks for that! I'm still on the fence about painting my ratty/peeling grille and surrounds black so I was on the fence on the chrome or black. I think the black surround would "flow" a little better if I paint the grille. It's probably too much to ask if any MUD members have a black grille with black surrounds, maybe I'll be the first!

I would love to upgrade my lights on the 62, but I am worried about the performance when it's nuking snow in Colorado and the headlights getting blocked. Anyone have experience? What would be awesome is if the load resistor for making the high beam dash light work was instead a heating element on the lens!
I asked this same question, with no response. I'm guessing no one is willing to risk it yet. I live in Park City, and just went through an all-time record snow year...

Big shout out to @NookShneer and Torfab.

Installed my lights and hit a snag or two. He got me through them expertly. They are very nice looking and more importantly a serious upgrade over the OEM style of headlight. I'd recommend these and Torfab any day.

Very, very happy with my purchase. Will post up pics before too long.

Big shout out to @NookShneer and Torfab.

Installed my lights and hit a snag or two. He got me through them expertly. They are very nice looking and more importantly a serious upgrade over the OEM style of headlight. I'd recommend these and Torfab any day.

Very, very happy with my purchase. Will post up pics before too long.
we're waiting :flipoff2:

I just installed mine too, pretty easy.

For the relay box, I trimmed the plastic a bit to make it fit on the body bolt in the instructions. It was interfering with the adjacent body bolt otherwise. On the driver side I saw the same bolt was sheared off (wtf?) but I was able to use a different one.

I didn't have any luck with the resistor making the dash light work. Might try fiddling with it later.

I used this article to aim the headlights according to the DOT standard. Made it easy in a flat parking lot with a tape measure at dusk. Aiming Your Headlights - https://www.vleds.com/aiming-headlights

I just installed mine too, pretty easy.

For the relay box, I trimmed the plastic a bit to make it fit on the body bolt in the instructions. It was interfering with the adjacent body bolt otherwise. On the driver side I saw the same bolt was sheared off (wtf?) but I was able to use a different one.

I didn't have any luck with the resistor making the dash light work. Might try fiddling with it later.

I used this article to aim the headlights according to the DOT standard. Made it easy in a flat parking lot with a tape measure at dusk. Aiming Your Headlights - https://www.vleds.com/aiming-headlights
Thank you for the link. I need to get the angle of my lights sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom