permanently installed air compressor(s) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And if you were using electric tools--would you still want a tank?
Of course. Where else would you store the electrons?

Another vote for Puma, mount was created by Landcruiserphil. Photos are from 2014. Almost 10 years on this set up and never considered changing it, yet.

15444015-51E9-417C-905D-3EA7745D39CD.jpeg

601E18A9-BB9C-4B9E-98DC-2D4AEB6D4F40.jpeg

I installed my compressor and airtank on top of the (unused) spare wheel crossmember. Out of the way and protected.

Of course. Where else would you store the electrons?
Good luck filling your tires with electrons...although, maybe you can get a battery to identify as an air tank when you need air...;)

I have a lab's rear bumper on my 80 with the spare tire sitting on it. With the spare tire and crossmember out That leaves a lot of room underneath where the spare tire used to go. I'm thinking about mounting the compressor and tank underneath there, as out of harm's way as possible.
Besides keeping it from banging on rocks, and it getting a little dirty and muddy, I don't see any downside to this.... Thoughts?
Maybe a submersion concern if going across deep water... hmmm.

Has anyone stacked dual compressors inside one of Joey's QPMs?

New line of compressors just out from ViAir...

How big is that tank?
The ABR sidewinder compressor I have is basically the same physical size at that Puma one. when I first got the ABR one (around 2014) I didn't know about the Puma's. I've often thought about having an additional air tank but not sure where I'd put it since the underside where the factory spare wheel mount would be is a 'naked space' that I like keeping that way.

Should clarify that the Warn Powerplant is a dual winch & compressor device for those wondering if it is applicable in this thread. It is.

Sooo when it comes to quick-disconnects on the bumpers--are you running female or male coupler at the bumper? Mounting it by running the fitting THROUGH the bumper, or held in a bracket bolted TO the bumper etc.? Pics please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom