40 Series Wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.behance.net
Hello y'all!
I have a 1980 HJ45 pickup with 16" aluminum wheels and new BFG AT tires that I am swapping in some pizza cutters and steelies into.
Does anyone know if the 40 series wheels will fit the FJC? Seems like the same lug pattern.
HJ is in Florida right now and I'm in AZ, so can't try it, and I'm trying to figure some stuff out for when I go get it.

Thanks!

I believe its the same pattern yes, but it really depends on the offset of the wheels. Stock, those 40s seem to have a pretty high offset. Also the FJC calipers stick out a lot past the wheel mounting surface - both of those aspects together = not ideal situation.

Now if they are just some random aftermarket alloys, then they are probably a more standard offset and very well may fit fine. Youll want them to be hubcentric to the FJC though, so that will need verified too.

Also verify the tire size is big enough for FJC.... a lot of 40s are running smaller tires than come stock on a FJC, like a 235, ect.

Best solution will probably be just to try it.

I believe its the same pattern yes, but it really depends on the offset of the wheels. Stock, those 40s seem to have a pretty high offset. Also the FJC calipers stick out a lot past the wheel mounting surface - both of those aspects together = not ideal situation.

Now if they are just some random aftermarket alloys, then they are probably a more standard offset and very well may fit fine. Youll want them to be hubcentric to the FJC though, so that will need verified too.

Also verify the tire size is big enough for FJC.... a lot of 40s are running smaller tires than come stock on a FJC, like a 235, ect.

Best solution will probably be just to try it.
Thanks I will check it out.
The tires are 265/75R16s
The wheels are ProComp alloys.

IMG_1635.jpg

Thats helpful. From all that I have seen, those 16x8s should fit a FJC fine. I assume they probably have the 4" backspacing.

Thats helpful. From all that I have seen, those 16x8s should fit a FJC fine. I assume they probably have the 4" backspacing.
Thanks!
That's what I am hoping for. I currently have more expensive wheels on my FJC. Black Rhinos I think they are. 17". I don't like them: too big at 17 and too fancy, so now I can sell them and put these on, which are 16", have brand new BFG ATs, and look simple.
The HJ45 also has a set of mud tires on split rims, but I will be tossing those split rims, unless they are worth selling too. Replacing them with steel wheels, as basic as possible, for 7 or 8" wheels so I can put on the pizza cutters.

I may go with 15 inch wheels and put on Nitto Trail Grapplers in 33x9.50R15. That's at the limit of my tread width/diameter combo, but that size looks good (had them on a Jeep) and they are radials. I still like the look of the Power King Super Traction II tires much more, but they are bias ply. Have heard those are rather loud etc. Not sure yet.

I may go with 15 inch wheels and put on Nitto Trail Grapplers in 33x9.50R15.
15” won’t fit to FJ Cruiser.

15” won’t fit to FJ Cruiser.
He means on the 40.

Joe, take a look at the G003 Yokohamas. I love em. This is just an internet image:

1982_toyota_land-cruiser-fj40_img_0933-8-86110.jpg

1602704836c5b24078IMG_3419-X3.jpg

He means on the 40.

Joe, take a look at the G003 Yokohamas. I love em. This is just an internet image:

OK I saw them on Discount Tire as 33x9.50R15. Very nice indeed!!!
Do you find them to be noisy? Nice ride I imagine? Good wear? Seems like as radials they will be a bit more civilized than the bias ply.

I think those may be the ticket! Thank you!!!
Just hope they don't discontinue them like BFG did!!!
Now to find wheels!

He means on the 40.

DAMN! I messed up. Can you send me the size of those tires? In 33 I only see them at 12.5 tread width. Thanks!

I dont know, but I would bet the top blue one has 285/70/17 (basically the 33x12.5), and the bottom one are likely 255/85/16.

I have the 255/85/16 on my FJC and they are great.

yEMFbUjl.jpg

I dont know, but I would bet the top blue one has 285/70/17 (basically the 33x12.5), and the bottom one are likely 255/85/16.

I have the 255/85/16 on my FJC and they are great.

yEMFbUjl.jpg
OK, great! Thanks! They do look great on the FJC as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom