Events/Trails 2023 Pig Party!!!! (1 Viewer)

Weekend Choice and Venue

• 6/23 - 6/25

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • 6/30 - 7/2

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Cedar City Dixie National Park

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • something different

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Especially if we have Craig, J Mack and Doomer to bash through the drifts first.

I just did a trip two weeks ago to southern UT and northern AZ with a bunch of 100 series guys. Very muddy and wet. Almost everyone got stuck in the mud/clay at Alstrom Point and then on Barracks trail we got stuck for two days between water crossings waiting for the river to go down after the rain stopped. Quite the adventure. By late June hopefully the desert southwest will be drier for our pigs.

l‘ve been packing lighter an lighter but I might just throw in a set of chains.

I spent 6 weeks in Taos Ski Valley in the mid 70’s. Had chains on all 4 tires. Open diffs, the pig was unstop-able. O to be 22 and stupid again!!! I’m proud to say I’m still stupid though.

area on your map . has few roads and alot of private lands , tons of homestead hunting cabins . will still have snow in june . ..
Look up the barracks trail by zion ,has tons of overlanding guys info on it as it has been found out by the interweb in the last few years .
I remember the year we tried to hang out up in the hills E of SLC - the snow changed all that!
Not sure how y'all are doing down S, but I heard that UT is now sitting over 200% snowpack state wide? Last week's snow was a bug help...

I'd suggest relying on Evan @fj55-100 to ground truth the 2023 Pig Party routes. He did a great job when we went to the North Rim. Zion is impressive but I suspect we'd be in a long parade of sightseers if we're on the main route through it. I've always been intrigued about Kodachrome Basin. Hope we can make this one and keep our uninterrupted western PP string going.
An old photographer friend of mine said Kodachrome basin will change your life...

@fj55-100 Evan, have been able to scope out some areas to camp? Are we just going to say we will be in DIxie and tighten up the muster point as we get closer? I want to get Ace Overland the details so he can start the shirts.

snowed here last weekend . cedar city still has mutch snow on the ground . this morning it was 37 . but this weekend should be the break point in the season and start to warm up . most of the places i camp are still under snow . Sunday i plan to hit some roads below cedar . around Kanab to look for a suitable location .

The Mayor of the little town of Kanab is a Land Cruiser guy…owns several. I was getting gas last year in Kanab in my pig and he pulled into the gas station where we talked for about 30 minutes. After he left and I came out form the mini mart two kids stopped by on side by sides and said “hey cool pig! My dad has a bunch of cruisers!” I said is your dad the Mayor? They said yep. He also owns the Subway in town which is one of 3 0places to eat in town.

As a former Mayor, I’d expect a key to the city might be possible. Fixing tickets not so much. You’ll have to slow down.

Let's start talking this party up. Everybody still planning on coming, who's driving cross country, bringing a trailer or not. @Voodoocruisers who's all coming this year, Hoping @bobm and @remy1974 are planning the long haul. I don't want the iron butt award this time. @J Mack can we talk you and the better half in to packing a bag. Jeri says she wants all the women there, that doesn't sound good for us. How about @nuclearlemon it's been too long, what you say?

I am 100% going!! Had a blast last year for my first PP and looking forward to seeing everyone again. My wife might come too. Working on her.

Hate to miss this after hitting every Pig Party so far but not likely to make this one. Just a lot going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom