What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (71 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Self explanatory.

IMG_9128.jpeg

Took the old girl up to Tennessee for my son’s graduation but couldn’t hit a trail because I’ve realized while there the tires were dry rotting in the tread voids. The minor sidewall cracks don’t bother me, but this was enough to justify using the credit card (been paying cash for everything I can) and buy tires now instead of July when I was planning on it.

Five BF Goodrich KO2 tires in 275/70R18 cost $2,035 but I keep reminding myself it’s cheaper than an accident if I get a blowout. These ride softer than the Toyo AT/II tires I had on it, and they look so much better too. Today I’m going to pop off some of the bling and only keep the Circle L Lexus logos and maybe the LX470 badge. The old dealer badging and excess chrome stuff all has to go.

Zac

(Edited to remove the autocorrect induced errors)

IMG_1376.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 2790117I got the MetalTech Sliders installed along with the ASFIR aluminum skid plates. As expected there were some incompatibility issues that had to be overcome. Oh… I also added some reflective vinyl over the chrome strip in a somewhat subtle Toyota Racing color scheme…

View attachment 2790118

View attachment 2790119
Hi @RAMf1 - I am about to install the same setup, Metal Tech sliders and all 3 ASFIR skids- any tips for installation? I have researched the ASFIR skid and looks like there are varying techniques.
Thanks!

I had the flywheel cleaned up for my future swap. The machine shop owner said he had never seen a flywheel design quite like this in his 50 years in the business.

Before. It arrived pretty crusty and I was concerned it might have been too far gone to reuse.
View attachment 3318637

After the milling work was done.
View attachment 3318638
what are you swapping in?

Hi @RAMf1 - I am about to install the same setup, Metal Tech sliders and all 3 ASFIR skids- any tips for installation? I have researched the ASFIR skid and looks like there are varying techniques.
Thanks!

I just installed my ASFIR skid plates a few months ago. In general start at the back and move your way forward. It's like huge lego pieces, not hard, but takes some finagling. Mine hit on the torsion bar bracket. I used washers as spacers at first, but eventually had to grind a bit off. I think it just depends on the specific vehicle.

I just installed my ASFIR skid plates a few months ago. In general start at the back and move your way forward. It's like huge lego pieces, not hard, but takes some finagling. Mine hit on the torsion bar bracket. I used washers as spacers at first, but eventually had to grind a bit off. I think it just depends on the specific vehicle.
Thanks @rock climber , good stuff. From photos I have seen looks like I should do skids first then sliders so the slider brackets go on top of trans skid supports.
And maybe keep the grinder handy.

Took the old girl up to Tennessee for my son’s graduation but couldn’t hit a trail because I’ve realized while there the tires were dry rotting in the trees voids. The minor sidewalk cracks don’t bother me, but this was enough to justify using the credit card (been paying cash for everything I can) and buy tires now instead of July when I was planning on it.

Five BF Goodrich KO2 tires in 275/70R18 cost $2,035 but I keep reminding myself it’s cheaper than an accident if I get a blowout. These ride softer than the Toyo AT/II tires I had on it, and they look so much better too. Today I’m going to pop off some of the bling and only keep the Circle L Lexus logos and maybe the LX470 badge. The old dealer badging and excess chrome stuff all has to go.

Zac

View attachment 3319203
Awesome tire, and perfect size. These are all I run now.

Jim

do you have a thread on it? I would love a manual 100 series...
Not yet. I'll start a "real time" thread once I get going.

New lights installed
I am new to the 100 series. Coming from the 40 forum OCD Bettle has a really successful, fun thread where we post a pic of wheeling, a fix, a new part, etc. for our trucks.

It's neat to see the mix of projects, daily driving issues, weekend wheelin reports, etc.

I thought the 100 forum could use one...

I'll start...today I ordered an Iron Man 2 inch lift kit for my 99'.:clap:

Owl Expedition bracket here as well to clean up my stereo wiring yesterday.

Then tonight after work knocked out two things no one else will ever notice, but adds subtle crispness to the truck… pulled both rear quarter panel windows and replaced the trim under each, which was beat from 22 years of exposure, and the plastic trim on the leading edge, both of which were cracked. Previously did all the other belt line trim, so it as a nice clean look down the side.

IMG_2617.jpeg

IMG_2591.jpeg

Owl Expedition bracket here as well to clean up my stereo wiring yesterday.

Then tonight after work knocked out two things no one else will ever notice, but adds subtle crispness to the truck… pulled both rear quarter panel windows and replaced the trim under each, which was beat from 22 years of exposure, and the plastic trim on the leading edge, both of which were cracked. Previously did all the other belt line trim, so it as a nice clean look down the side.

View attachment 3320625

View attachment 3320626
Window looks good as new. Do you have a part number for leading edge plastic? Mine are cracked too, of course.

Window looks good as new. Do you have a part number for leading edge plastic? Mine are cracked too, of course.
+1 on both the compliment and request for the part number

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom